Event Address & ContactsRob's House - dinner (address provided to attendees by pm)
Carmel, IN 46032 USA
sign in for additional contact info
5th Annual Indy Chili Cook Off
Date: Saturday Feb 9th (can arrive Friday and stay through Sunday if you like)
Time: 5:30pm mass, Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, 146th and Oakridge Rd, Carmel, IN. You can bring your food to Robs earlier than that to plug in and keep warm, but be ready to leave from his house at 5:00. We’ll return from mass about 7pm.
If you meet us at Mass, look for one of us in the narthex, or we’ll be sitting as a group off the main aisle somewhere.
Location: Rob’s house – near OLMC in Carmel, IN (directions sent later to all those who sign up - be SURE to list in event comments a way for us to contact you.)
Contest: Bring a crock pot FULL of your best chili recipe – but please don’t mention any identifying descriptions – nothing about ingredients, etc. This will be a blind taste test, so mums the word – keep it fair! Your chili must be READY when you bring it – the contest crew cannot add last minute ingredients , or cook anything to go with it. IF your entry is best with additional items, bring them fully prepared: cooked pasta in a baggie to add, or bring a few bags of shredded cheese - we’ll set them out for folks to add their own. Please have a written description to hand to the kitchen staff when you hand off your crock pot – we’ll do our best to accommodate, but the easier you make it on us, the better.
IMPORTANT: Bring your crock pot into the house fully covered by a dark bag, blanket or towel of some kind – don’t let anyone be able to identify your crock pot at any time - keep it secret please. Thanks.
Everyone else will fill in with sides, appetizers, and a FEW desserts. When signing up, please list detailed descriptions: green bean casserole, mini cheese quiche appetizers, carrot cake, etc. We’d like 3 desserts and the rest split among appetizers and side dishes. Pay attention to what everyone else has already signed up for – we need a good variety of dishes to go along with the chili.
BYOB – and if you drink alcohol, we’d prefer you don’t drive home again.
Overnighters – if you would like to stay the night at Robs or Nancys, bring your own bedding (airbed, sleeping bag, pillows.)
Nearby Hotels - if you prefer a bit more privacy:
Comfort Suites:. http://www.comfortsuites.com/
DoubleTree Suites: http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/indiana/doubletree-suites-by-hilton-hotel-indianapolis-carmel-INDOMDT/index.html
Hampton Inn: http://www.hotelsone.com/carmel-hotels-us/hampton-inn-indianapolis-carmel.html?as=b&aid=1861829722&dsti=173867&dstt=8&label=bing-ggehoeu-bh173867&akw=30173321978&akwu=hampton%20inn,%20carmel,%20in&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=hampton%20inn,%20carmel,%20in&utm_content=bh173867&utm_campaign=us-USA-Indiana-Hotels-oe-en
Hilton Garden Inn: http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/indiana/hilton-garden-inn-indianapolis-carmel-INDCAGI/index.html
Airport to fly in and out of: IND (Indianapolis International Airport- 40-45 minutes from Robs)
RSVP Deadline: Sat Feb. 2 (give us time to organize)
Sign up and let us know the following:
- 1. Arrival day /time and departure day / time
- 2. Transportation method: own car, flying in, carpooling with ?, etc.
- 3. Bringing a guest? Who? (If a child, please list age)
- 4. Where will you meet us & when? (Rob’s place before mass? At church?)
- 5. Are you bringing a chili for the contest? (Bring a FULL crock pot please, for taste testing, AND these will serve as our main course for dinner.)
- 6. Pitch In Items: Bring something for Sat evening. IF you are staying overnight and will join us for Sunday breakfast, please bring an additional pitch in item for that as well. Again, pay attention to what others sign up for. IF YOU NEED PITCH IN IDEAS OR WANT TO BE ASSIGNED SOMETHING, JUST LET US KNOW. Please leave the simple store-bought stuff for the travelers. (There is a grocery store nearby.)
- 7. Will you spend the night? Where – Robs (men), Nancys (women for Sat only), or a hotel? (Post in comments if you are looking for someone to split hotel costs.)
- 8. How do we contact you if we have questions?
Join the Indy-area folks for a wonderful weekend of food, fun, and fellowship! Spread the word – the more, the merrier!
ALSO SEE THE DISCUSSION THREAD IN THE MEET UPS ROOM.
Questions: Mary (363093)
NOTE: NON-PAYING CM members CAN rsvp and post comments on the CM Event pages, just be sure we have a way to respond or reach you with questions. Once you attend an event, perhaps you'll be ready to join CM as an active member!
This event has 24 guests. more »
This event has 80 comments. view all »