Jun 23rd - Jul 5th 2014 Rome ITA The Italy Tour 2014 Rome, Assisi and Tuscany 11 Day Tour Monday, June 23rd- Saturday, July 5th $2,350* Flight not include...40873 views 40 comments 24 guests
Event Address & Contacts
sign in for additional contact info
The Italy Tour 2014
Rome, Assisi and Tuscany
11 Day Tour
Monday, June 23rd- Saturday, July 5th
Flight not included
What is included in your Land package:
- Personal group pick up arrival- Rome (FCO)
- Italy Travel Information Packet upon arrival
- Sightseeing by Private Deluxe/Luxury motorcoach
- Professional Driver
- Irish and American Hosts/Guides
- Double Occupancy rooms with private bath or shower for 11 Nights
- Pre-Trip Personal Irish Shopper*
- Welcome Italian Dinner- St. Peter's Area
- Wednesday Papal Audience- Pope Francis
- 4 Night stay in Rome in a 4 Star hotel or
Luxury Apartments ( Your Choice)
- 2 Walking tours in Rome
- 2 Night stay in Assisi
- 2 Breakfasts in Assisi
- 1 walking tour in Assisi
- 13th Century Renovated Tuscan Villa Stay
for 5 nights
- 5 Tuscan Breakfasts at Villa
- Monthly/Weekly Newsletters via email
- Transfer to Departure Airport ( Bologna)
- All taxes (VAT) and service charges
- ALL Tour Visits Listed below (unless noted OPTIONAL or POSSIBLE)
- Including special features the tour itinerary, including admission charges, taxes, etc.
* Single supplement price is $900
- Papal audience (subject to Pope Francis); Wednesday June 25th ( As a Group)
- Visit: The 4 Basilicas ( Optional)
*St. Paul Outside the Walls
*St. John Lateran Basilica
*St. Mary Major Basilica
*St. Peter's Square and Basilica
- *The Holy Stairs
- *The Catacombs (Optional Tour)
- *The Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel
- *The Colosseum and the Roman Forum
- *Trevi Fountain
- *Piazza di Spagna- Spanish Steps
- *Mouth of Truth
- *Castel Sant' Angelo
- *Piazza Navona
- *St. Clares Church
- *St. Francis Basilica
- *St. Mary of the Angels Basilica
- *The Portiuncola
- *Monastery of St. Damian
- * Mass at St. Francis' Basilica
- *The Santa Maria Novella Basilica
- *Signoria Square
- *Santa Croce Basilica
- *Ponte Vecchio
PISA & LUCCA
Optional Day Tour
- Piazza dei Miracoli (Field of Miracles)
- Torre Pendente (Leaning Tower)
- Duomo di Pisa (Cathedral of Pisa)
- Battistero (Baptistry)
Optional Activities- Create your Story
____ *Wine tasting- ........................$20
____ *Truffle Hunting at the Villa-................... $70
____ * Tuscan Cookery Courses at the Villa- Choose 1, 2 or ALL 3 Cookery Courses.
1 Course is $140......2 Courses are $280........3 Courses are $255
Breads & Pizzas
Cookery courses includes eating your own food after your course, which will save money on your lunch or dinner expense for that day.
____ *Scavi Tour.............................................$20
Visit the Tomb of Saint Peter and the Necropolis under the Vatican Basilica. 90 min tour.
The necropolis underneath the Basilica and is where the tomb of St. Peter is located.
"The necropolis environmental conditions will be different underground, with possible increase of temperature and humidity.... 98 degrees F. Those who suffer specific and serious physical problems that could be effected by these conditions, including claustrophobia, should not visit."
___ * "Music in Bernini's Rome".................. $35
Musicians performing on historical baroque instruments present works by the greatest composers of Bernini's time: Girolamo Frescobaldi, Claudio Monteverdi, Giulio Caccini, and more. Berninis sculptures, the frescoed interior, and the church architecture itself enrich the concert experience.
Instrumental and vocal music join visual masterpieces, creating a unique impression of Baroque Rome.
This event has 40 comments. view all »
May 23rd, 2014 - Hilda-184281 said:
This tour is sold out and that's awesome!! Blessings to all those thay are on this tour, specially to the CMers. Prepare to fall in love with Italy! Prepare to leave your fears behind and to enjoy the cultural latin heritage you didn't know you have. Most of all, prepare to enjoy the fellowship!!
May 4th, 2014 - Carl-1088279 said:
I just got back from a pilgrimage to Rome, Assisi, and Florence. It was an amazing trip! We were accompanied by our Archbishop and Bishop who are wonderful. The highlight was being 20 feet from Pope Francis as he made his way through the crowd during the papal audience. This makes me want to go right back!
April 8th, 2014 - Genevieve-1055759 said:
As a romantic, dreamy girl, I was blessed to have been able to visit the land of my dreams: Rome, the Vatican and I even fell in love with Assisi. I will say my dream became accomplished but it still IS a place I dream of returning to. You would love it. So much you might cry-- I did!!! Definitely take the Scavi tour (I shed tears of joy and felt deep peace here... when you go you'll know why) It's the experience of a lifetime. Beyond this would be Heaven!!
Please take the opportunity if you can, don't be scared if it's your first international travel-- there's power (and comfort) in number so join this group if you can. And may the Lord bless us all! X
P.S. If you see Pope Francis, please give him my love & warmest greetings! :-)
April 5th, 2014 - Hilda-184281 said:
This is a great trip and well wortth the time & money. I took it last year; I'm glad to see our recommendation of a 2 night stay in Assisi made it in this year's tour. For all those that are definitely attenting, the optional Scavi Tour at the Vatican is a must see -- don't miss it!!
For those that are still undecided, I wish that fear of traveling abroad and being a foreigner in a country where their language is NOT English, is NOT driving your decision-making process. I know family and work can be the key factors here, but a 12 day break from you not being around may be exactly what you and your family & associates need. So pray and ask the Lord to guide you and make this trip happen for you, if that is his will. Quiet your heart and mind, and listen attentively to His answer, for it may well be a soft wisper in your heart. Trust the Lord and praise him, for he is good, he always answers your prayers, and he always provide what you need abundantly!