Mar 15th - Mar 16th 2014 Carmel IN This January, we have been inundated with lots of snow and some very cold temperatures. It is a good time then to plan to attend the 6th Annual CM...1085 views 31 comments 13 guests
Event Address & Contacts
Carmel, IN 46032 USA
sign in for additional contact info
Time: 5:30 pm Mass, Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, 146th and Oakridge Rd, Carmel, IN. If you want to bring your food to Rob's house earlier than that to plug in and keep warm, please be ready to leave from his house at 5:00 pm. The party starts after Mass around 7:00 pm. If you meet us at Mass, look for one of us in the narthex or we'll be sitting as a group about halfway up the center aisle.
Contest: Bring a crock pot FULL of your best chili recipe but please don't mention any identifying descriptions nothing about ingredients, etc. This will be a blind taste test, so mums the word. Your chili must be READY when you bring it the contest crew cannot add last minute ingredients or cook anything to go with it. IF your entry is best with additional items, bring them fully prepared, with written instructions to hand to the kitchen staff when you hand off your crock pot well do our best to accommodate, but the easier you make it on us, the better.
We are limiting the contest entries to 12 with preference given to first time participants, and then in order of signing up. IMPORTANT: Bring your crock pot into the house fully covered with a blanket or towel of some kind dont let anyone be able to identify your crock pot at any time - keep it secret please. Thanks.
Everyone else will fill in with sides, appetizers, and desserts. For these, please post detailed descriptions of what youre bringing. Pay attention to this write-up for a list of what everyone else has already signed up for we need a good variety of dishes to go along with the chili.
BYOB including water, soft drinks and adult beverages.
Overnighters if you would like to stay the night at Robs, please bring your own bedding (air mattress, sleeping bag, pillows.) We will have separate areas for men and women.
Nearby Hotels - if you prefer a bit more privacy:
Rodeway Inn & Suites: www.rodewayinn.com/hotel-carmel-indiana-IN115
DoubleTree Suites: http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/indiana/doubletree-suites-by-hilton-hotel-indianapolis-carme...
Hampton Inn: http://www.hotelsone.com/carmel-hotels-us/hampton-inn-indianapolis-carmel.html?as=b&aid=1861829722&d...
Hilton Garden Inn: http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/indiana/hilton-garden-inn-indianapolis-carmel-INDCAGI/i...
Airport: IND (Indianapolis International Airport- 40-45 minutes from Robs)
RSVP Deadline: Monday, MARCH 10, 2014
Sign up on CM Event page, and let us know the following:
- Arrival day/time and departure day/time
- Transportation method: own car, flying in, carpooling with whom, etc.
- Bringing a guest? Who? (If a child, please list age)
- Are you joining us for Mass?
- Where will you meet us? (Robs place before Mass? At church? At Robs after Mass)
- Are you bringing a chili for the contest? (Bring a FULL crock pot please.)
- Pitch-In Items: Bring something for Sat evening. IF you are staying overnight and will join us for Sunday breakfast, please bring an additional pitch-in item for that as well. Again, pay attention to what others sign up for. IF YOU NEED PITCH IN IDEAS OR WANT TO BE ASSIGNED SOMETHING, JUST LET US KNOW. Please leave the simple store-bought stuff for those traveling farther. There is a grocery store nearby, if needed.
- Will you spend the night? (Robs or hotel? - post in comments if you are looking for someone to split hotel costs with.)
- How do we contact you if we have questions? (provide contact info via private message to Rob)
Join the Indy-area folks for a wonderful weekend of food, fun, and fellowship! Spread the word the more, the merrier!
Questions: Rob #362135 or Dawn #58330
This event has 31 comments. view all »