Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Please read before posting...

Aug 18th 2009 new

This forum is for posting information about or trying to organize CM events. An event is considered a CM event if the primary purpose is to gather members from Catholic Match together. The event can be stand alone, where a schedule of activities are made or can be in conjunction with some exisiting activity like a festival, ballgame, conference etc.

If the event is overnight then it should be posted on the CM Get-Together page where more exposure can be given to it. Many members often check back to that page to see if there are any new events posted. Make sure you read the planning guide before submitting your event to the events page.

Aug 19th 2009 new
I've read and hope I'm abiding by all the rules! wave
Sep 10th 2009 new

(Quote) Mary-194040 said: I've read and hope I'm abiding by all the rules!
(Quote) Mary-194040 said: I've read and hope I'm abiding by all the rules!
--hide--
You best abide by the rules !!! The Nuns still have Rulers!!! wave

Oct 19th 2009 new

Could you maybe post a thread again that most of the events are organized by members. I think some people think all the events are done through CM and then they expect more from us who organize them. I f you could please cause a lady post something on my event and I think it would be good if you might again have a thread to encourage people to have events
Thanks

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: This forum is for posting information about or trying to organize CM events. An event is considered a CM ev...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

This forum is for posting information about or trying to organize CM events. An event is considered a CM event if the primary purpose is to gather members from Catholic Match together. The event can be stand alone, where a schedule of activities are made or can be in conjunction with some exisiting activity like a festival, ballgame, conference etc.

If the event is overnight then it should be posted on the CM Get-Together page where more exposure can be given to it. Many members often check back to that page to see if there are any new events posted. Make sure you read the planning guide before submitting your event to the events page.

--hide--

Dec 12th 2009 new

(Quote) Mina-118460 said: Could you maybe post a thread again that most of the events are organized by members. I think some people th...
(Quote) Mina-118460 said:

Could you maybe post a thread again that most of the events are organized by members. I think some people think all the events are done through CM and then they expect more from us who organize them. I f you could please cause a lady post something on my event and I think it would be good if you might again have a thread to encourage people to have events
Thanks

Quote:
Brian-278516 said:

Thanks Mina for mentioning this.
In event planning "preparation" guide there is no mention of what to do in case of emergencies. They do arise and because the kind people organizing the event do not know those attending, for the most part, there can be a lot of expectations put on the organizer(s). When I organized the horseback riding event, I did took some preventative measures in case an emergency occurred. Luckily, none did.
Also, because the events are "advertised" to new members, not enough emphasis is put on the fact that a CM member, not administration is organizing these events. Often, one organizer is left to make all decisions. I've had several people ask me to notify them when an event comes up again or ask when I'm scheduling the next one. I do not promise anything and instead encourage them to do it themselves. If I met them at an event, in person, I do offer to send them some recommendations, like the "emergency contact and information" document I put together. Everyone thought it came from administration. Almost everyone.
Also, at the last event I went to, people commented on fact that the emails telling people where to meet went out too late. The system used to review the emails sent out by the organizer take time to review and the organizers need to be reminded of this.

I'm sure others besides myself would appreciate a response to this issue.

--hide--

Mar 18th 2010 new

:OK, I'm guilty. Perdon thumbsup

Mar 19th 2010 new

Hello Brian and everyone in CM!

I'm from Europe and it's really a pity that there not events as CM Get-Togethers organized in Europe.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Maybe we could think about this possibility.

God bless you all.

Aug 16th 2010 new

Here, then, is a question for the administration:

Can the get-togethers be set up in a calendar like form so the rest of us can schedule time off?

Aug 16th 2010 new

(Quote) Ilda-522334 said: Hello Brian and everyone in CM!I'm from Europe and it's really a pity that there not events ...
(Quote) Ilda-522334 said:

Hello Brian and everyone in CM!

I'm from Europe and it's really a pity that there not events as CM Get-Togethers organized in Europe.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urnoffice" />

Maybe we could think about this possibility.

God bless you all.

--hide--

Ilda...CM events are coordinatedb by CM members for CM members...They grew out of the posters in the Forums wanting to meet real people..CM admin allows us to post our gatherings but do not officially organize them. My suggestion to everyone is to pick something that you like to do and then post it... People will come even if its just a small gathering. You might be very pleasantly surprised.

Aug 16th 2010 new

(Quote) Brian-465776 said: Here, then, is a question for the administration:Can the get-togethers be set up in a calendar like ...
(Quote) Brian-465776 said:

Here, then, is a question for the administration:

Can the get-togethers be set up in a calendar like form so the rest of us can schedule time off?

--hide--

Because the events are member organized and often last minute gatherings that would probably be really tough for Admin to pull off.

Posts 1 - 10 of 19