Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share
Topics from forums which did not have at least 2 new topics per month for the past 6 months are archived here.

Hello,

Today, our Lord gave us through Saint Faustina a great message. Read below:

www.ewtn.com

Are you attending these events in your parish? If so, do you fully understand what you will be granted and how to obtain it?

To my understanding, in order to get this plenary indulgencies we must:

1. Be in state of grace - confession

2. Holy Communion

3. Attend the festivities of the Divine Mercy.

4. Pray for the Pope's intentions.

Am I forgetting something?

Question...

"Indulgences can alwaysbe applied either to oneself or to the souls of the deceased, but they cannot be applied to other persons living on earth"

Does this mean that if we do it for the souls in purgatory, we cannot do it for ourselves?...is it one or the other, not both? Does anybody know?

Happy Divine Mercy Feast! biggrin I hope many of you will participate.

04/15/2012 new

Hi Ivonne, have feast of Divine Mercy! Yes, of course I'll be attending. As far as I know you can only gain one indulgence, either for yourself or for a soul in purgatory. You do not have to attend a celebration of Divine Mercy. But you do need to be in the state of grace, and recieve Communion on this day, & honor the image of Divine Mercy. Of course we also must be merciful to others.

God bless you and enjoy this special day! theheart

04/15/2012 new

(Quote) Ivonne-91361 said: Hello, Today, our Lord gave us through Saint Faustina a great message. Read below: ...
(Quote) Ivonne-91361 said:

Hello,

Today, our Lord gave us through Saint Faustina a great message. Read below:

www.ewtn.com

Are you attending these events in your parish? If so, do you fully understand what you will be granted and how to obtain it?

To my understanding, in order to get this plenary indulgencies we must:

1. Be in state of grace - confession

2. Holy Communion

3. Attend the festivities of the Divine Mercy.

4. Pray for the Pope's intentions.

Am I forgetting something?

Question...

"Indulgences can alwaysbe applied either to oneself or to the souls of the deceased, but they cannot be applied to other persons living on earth"

Does this mean that if we do it for the souls in purgatory, we cannot do it for ourselves?...is it one or the other, not both? Does anybody know?

Happy Divine Mercy Feast! I hope many of you will participate.

--hide--
Beautiful thread, Ivonne...attended the services for Divine Mercy today....awesome is our God of endless Mercy...Happy Divine Mercy, Ivonne... theheart

04/15/2012 new
Second favorite Sunday of the year! I have it downloaded since I will be on a lacrosse field at 3 today. YouTube has many available but make sure you see all parts for the complete chaplet (a whole rosary). Also there are some beautiful one with the Passion of Christ as the visual.
04/15/2012 new

Wonderful!! Yes I am heading to the celebrations now with my 13 year old son. Indeed our Lord Mercy is awesome! hug

04/15/2012 new
I went!

I love Divine Mercy Sunday!!
04/15/2012 new
(Quote) Helen-450889 said: I went! I love Divine Mercy Sunday!!
(Quote) Helen-450889 said: I went!

I love Divine Mercy Sunday!!
--hide--

Praying Praying Praying Praying Praying
Posts 1 - 7 of 7