Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

I'm sure there was some good in all marriages, even if they didn't work out in the end.
Name One thing you really miss about being married.hug

05/07/2012 new

Having a best friend.

05/07/2012 new

(Quote) John-631631 said: I'm sure there was some good in all marriages, even if they didn't work out in the end.
(Quote) John-631631 said:

I'm sure there was some good in all marriages, even if they didn't work out in the end.
Name One thing you really miss about being married.

--hide--
wave Hi John! I'm thinking it's that feeling of a lack of partnership and sharing during the good times as well as not having the emotional support during the 'not so good' times that a true marriage should provide. Friends and relatives do what they can, but they can't replace that 'other half' of you that's missing. May we all be so blessed as to find that again. angel

05/07/2012 new

(Quote) Ria-570234 said: Hi John! I'm thinking it's that feeling of a lack of partnership and sharing during the goo...
(Quote) Ria-570234 said:

Hi John! I'm thinking it's that feeling of a lack of partnership and sharing during the good times as well as not having the emotional support during the 'not so good' times that a true marriage should provide. Friends and relatives do what they can, but they can't replace that 'other half' of you that's missing. May we all be so blessed as to find that again.

--hide--

It will happen. Just keep praying. Praying heart rose

05/07/2012 new

(Quote) Ria-570234 said: Hi John! I'm thinking it's that feeling of a lack of partnership and sharing during the goo...
(Quote) Ria-570234 said:

Hi John! I'm thinking it's that feeling of a lack of partnership and sharing during the good times as well as not having the emotional support during the 'not so good' times that a true marriage should provide. Friends and relatives do what they can, but they can't replace that 'other half' of you that's missing. May we all be so blessed as to find that again.

--hide--

I agree with Ria. There are times when you just want to share the joy and the pain with that "special one." Wishing we all find it again, too!! crossfingers crossfingers hug hug Praying Praying

05/07/2012 new

(Quote) John-631631 said: I'm sure there was some good in all marriages, even if they didn't work out in the end.
(Quote) John-631631 said:

Name One thing you really miss about being married.

--hide--
Having someone to concern myself with besides myself ... like say regarding cooking .... I don't go to a lot of trouble cooking a meal for just myself, but when I was married, I recall putting a lot more effort (and love heart) into the detail!

05/07/2012 new

the sound of soft snoring beside me. I haven't slept more than 4-5 hrs a night since I no longer have that.

05/07/2012 new

Um... he fixed stuff. duck

05/07/2012 new

(Quote) Ali-788574 said: Um... he fixed stuff.
(Quote) Ali-788574 said:

Um... he fixed stuff.

--hide--
Yep - that too!! laughing

05/07/2012 new

I miss being a part of a team. I miss being strong when he was weak, and I miss having a soft place to land. Being part of a team does not always mean that we each gave 50-50 at all times (sometimes it was 90-10, and sometimes I took way more than I gave), but at the end of 23 years (ended only by death), I go more than Ineeded , wanted, or dreamed of. It is the reason that I want that again.

Posts 1 - 10 of 200