Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share
Topics from forums which did not have at least 2 new topics per month for the past 6 months are archived here.
05/10/2012 new

I understand very well why St. Peter fell. Poor Peter, he was relying upon himself. Before ruling the Church that is filled with sinners, he had to experience for himself what a person is capable of without God's help.

- St. Therese of Lisieux

05/10/2012 new

(Quote) Ginger-791603 said: And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear ...
(Quote) Ginger-791603 said:

And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

- John 10:16

--hide--

They had come to hear Him, Jesus, and to be healed of their diseases; and those who were troubled with unclean spirits were cured. And all in the crowd were trying to touch Him, for power came out from Him and healed all of them.

Luke 6:18-19

05/10/2012 new

(Quote) Maia-181886 said: In all things, the good and the bad, look to God. Trust in Him, no matter what.
(Quote) Maia-181886 said:

In all things, the good and the bad, look to God. Trust in Him, no matter what.

--hide--

hug rose wave

If you direct your heart rightly, you will stretch out your hands toward God...You will forget

your misery; you will remember it as waters that have passed away..... Dove

Job 11:13, 16

05/10/2012 new

(Quote) Jordie-610865 said: Worry sees the problem.....Faith sees God handles the problem....
(Quote) Jordie-610865 said:

Worry sees the problem.....

Faith sees God handles the problem....

--hide--

rose

Very true Jordie. If only I could always remember...

Let us therefore approach the throne of grace with boldness, so that we may receive mercy and find grace in time of need.

Hebrews 4:16

05/10/2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: How good God is to have given wings to my soul and lifted it up! <...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

How good God is to have given wings to my soul and lifted it up!

- St. Therese of Lisieux

--hide--

Hello David! biggrin

'It seems to me now that nothing could prevent me from flying away, for I no longer have any great desires except that of loving

Him to the point of dying of love'...... St. Therese of Lisieux

05/10/2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: I understand very well why St. Peter fell. Poor Peter, he was relying upon himself. Before ...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

I understand very well why St. Peter fell. Poor Peter, he was relying upon himself. Before ruling the Church that is filled with sinners, he had to experience for himself what a person is capable of without God's help.

- St. Therese of Lisieux

--hide--

You desire to nourish me with Your divine substance and yet I am a poor little thing who would return to nothingness if Your divine glance did not give me life from one moment to the next.

St. Therese of Lisieux rose

05/10/2012 new

I've posted this song on several Inspiration topics. The line that moves me the most is 'God's beauty is in this baby, Jesus in the dying man'

Mother Teresa speaks at the end. Praying theheart rosary

A Tribute to Mother Teresa - Angelina

youtu.be

05/11/2012 new

Last night a friend of mine told me about a student at her school who had drowned. She said that they were still trying to find the body in the river. She also told me that they had lost another student that year who had hung himself and was found by his little brother. Praying rosary theheart

I wanted to post something about the loss of a child but I don't have the words. I have over a hundred books about the lives of the saints, inspiration books....and I don't recall that any of them say anything specifically about the death of a child. The only thing that comes to mind is a father who had lost his daughter and he said " God takes children from their parents every day. Why would I presume that he would spare me that?" What can one say to a parent who has lost a child, something that wouldn't sound hollow or trite? It is such a horrific devastating loss that perhaps the best that we can do is not try to console with words, but rather weep with them and pray that God sustain them.

05/11/2012 new

Mary Most Holy - St. Padre Pio

When I think of the innumerable benefits received from this dear Mother, I am ashamed of myself, for I have never fully appreciated her heart and her hand which have bestowed these benefits upon me with so much love. What troubles me most is that I have repaid the affectionate care of this Mother of ours by offending her.

How often have I confided to this Mother the painful anxieties that troubled my heart. And how often has she consoled me. But in what did my gratitude consist? In my greatest sufferings, it seems to me that I no longer have a mother on this earth, but a very compassionate one in heaven. But many times, when my heart was at peace, I have forgotten this entirely. I have even forgotten my duty of gratitude towards this blessed heavenly Mother. But I am greatly indebted to our Mother Mary for driving away temtations of the enemy. Will you, too, thank this good Mother?

05/11/2012 new
'Joy isn't found in the material objects but in the inner recess of the soul'. St Therese
Posts 11 - 20 of 192