Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share
Topics from forums which did not have at least 2 new topics per month for the past 6 months are archived here.
05/11/2012 new

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

- Romans 1:16

05/11/2012 new
'Jesus wants to possess your heart completely. He wants you to be a great saint. The good God never asks the impossible.' St Therese
05/11/2012 new
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: 'Jesus wants to possess your heart completely. He wants you to be a great saint. The good God never asks the i...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: 'Jesus wants to possess your heart completely. He wants you to be a great saint. The good God never asks the impossible.' St Therese
--hide--

'Anything which is good in me is the effect of God's mercy - nothing else.' St Therese
05/11/2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: 'Jesus wants to possess your heart completely. He wants you to be a great saint. The good God never ...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: 'Jesus wants to possess your heart completely. He wants you to be a great saint. The good God never asks the impossible.' St Therese

--hide--

Hi Brenda! Thank you for your posts here. rose In the opening of the Mother Angelica Live show, and I can hear her voice in my head right now, she says:

'We are all called to be great saints. Don't miss the opportunity!'

Dove

05/11/2012 new

(Quote) Ginger-791603 said: For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every...
(Quote) Ginger-791603 said:

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

- Romans 1:16

--hide--

For in it is revealed the righteousness of God from faith to faith; as it is written, "The one who is righteous by faith will live."

Romans 1:17

05/11/2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: 'Joy isn't found in the material objects but in the inner recess of the soul'. St Therese
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: 'Joy isn't found in the material objects but in the inner recess of the soul'. St Therese

--hide--

He has always given me what I desire or rather He has made me desire what He wants to give me.

St Therese of Lisieux

rose

05/11/2012 new

Nowadays, a child of four years old wouldn't be allowed to start kindergarten. In 1960 when I turned four you could start kindergarten at that age as long as you turned five years old before a certain date in October. My teacher was one for perseverance. She wanted me to learn this and she demonstrated this to me by keeping me after school one day. We were supposed to cut out a picture of Paul Bunyan holding his ax. All the other children completed this little assignment without any trouble and were allowed to go home. Well, I struggled. My little fingers couldn't cut out the corners of the ax. Every time that I took her my cut out, she would look at it, throw it away and give me a fresh paper and then make me go back and try again. I sat there trying for what seemed an eternity, and in truth, I cannot tell you if I finally cut the ax out to her satisfaction or if she took pity on me and let me go home. I suspect that the latter is true.

I do remember what I went through trying to please her. Humiliation, shame, tears. No matter how I tried, I couldn't please her, couldn't do it right. After that day I refused to go to school. I would walk a little ways from the house and sit down on the curb until my mother came out and made me go. All of this reminds me that ' God does not demand that I be successful. God demands that I be faithful.' I cling to that...because I know that I will never get it completely right .......but if I am faithful..He will let me come home anyway.

theheart

05/12/2012 new

(Quote) Deborah-550454 said: Last night a friend of mine told me about a student at her school who had drowned. She...
(Quote) Deborah-550454 said:

Last night a friend of mine told me about a student at her school who had drowned. She said that they were still trying to find the body in the river. She also told me that they had lost another student that year who had hung himself and was found by his little brother.

I wanted to post something about the loss of a child but I don't have the words. I have over a hundred books about the lives of the saints, inspiration books....and I don't recall that any of them say anything specifically about the death of a child. The only thing that comes to mind is a father who had lost his daughter and he said " God takes children from their parents every day. Why would I presume that he would spare me that?" What can one say to a parent who has lost a child, something that wouldn't sound hollow or trite? It is such a horrific devastating loss that perhaps the best that we can do is not try to console with words, but rather weep with them and pray that God sustain them.

--hide--

A comforting poem by Emily Dickinson:

"And if I go, while you are still here.

Know that I live on, vibrating to a different measure,

behind a thin veil you cannot see through.

You will not see me so you must have faith.

I can't wait for the time when we can soar together again, both aware of each other.

Until then, live your life to the fullest and when you need me,

Just whisper my name in your heart... I will be there."

~Emily Dickinson~

05/12/2012 new
(Quote) Deborah-550454 said: Last night a friend of mine told me about a student at her school who had drowned. She said...
(Quote) Deborah-550454 said:

Last night a friend of mine told me about a student at her school who had drowned. She said that they were still trying to find the body in the river. She also told me that they had lost another student that year who had hung himself and was found by his little brother.

I wanted to post something about the loss of a child but I don't have the words. I have over a hundred books about the lives of the saints, inspiration books....and I don't recall that any of them say anything specifically about the death of a child. The only thing that comes to mind is a father who had lost his daughter and he said " God takes children from their parents every day. Why would I presume that he would spare me that?" What can one say to a parent who has lost a child, something that wouldn't sound hollow or trite? It is such a horrific devastating loss that perhaps the best that we can do is not try to console with words, but rather weep with them and pray that God sustain them.

--hide--
I will pray for you and your friends and family.

Everyone reacts differently when it comes to loss. Last year when I suddenly lost Andrew I was numb, I could not cry. It took time and God's healing beginning in me before the tears flowed.

My best advice to anyone giving comfort is let them know you are there when they need a hug or an ear to listen. and for/with them...... One of my friends cried for me because I could not cry......

My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

rose rose angel
05/12/2012 new

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

- Genesis 1:26

Posts 21 - 30 of 192