Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share
Topics from forums which did not have at least 2 new topics per month for the past 6 months are archived here.
05/13/2012 new

Happy Mother's Day rose

Keep you heart with our Our Lady. It is full of love for you. We're all going to suffer something, and this may be the time for you. But don't let anything that happens dishearten you or cause you to lose faith in Jesus, or the Father, or the Spirit. Run to your Mother, run to Our Lady, enter this garden of love.

And Mary said: " My soul maginifies the Lord; and my spirit rejoices in God my savior. " Lk 1:46-47 May each of us possess the soul of Mary to proclaim the greatness of the soul. And may each of us possess the spirit of Mary to rejoice in God.

Rejoice and be glad, for you have the Blessed Virgin for your Mother. Serve her with great joy, for she is very deserving of it. Have recourse to her in all difficulties and you will always be helped.

The Blessed Virgin directs to us all the acts that every mother lavishes on her children. She loves us, watches over us, protects us and intercedes for us.

Mother Angelica

Mary Day by Day

Praying rosary theheart

05/13/2012 new

A Mother's Love for her Child..... such a beautiful quote. rose

“Before you were conceived I wanted you.
Before you were born I loved you.
Before you were here an hour I would die for you.
This is the miracle of love.”

-Maureen Hawkins

05/13/2012 new

(Quote) Deborah-550454 said: Hello David! . 'It seems to me now that nothing could prevent me fro...
(Quote) Deborah-550454 said:

Hello David!

'It seems to me now that nothing could prevent me from flying away, for I no longer have any great desires except that of loving

Him to the point of dying of love'...... St. Therese of Lisieux

--hide--

Hello Deb

Don't drag yourself any longer to His feet, follow that first impulse that draws you into His arms. That is where your place is. ~ St. Therese og Lisieux

05/13/2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: "IF YOU ARE WHAT YOU SHOULD BE, YOU WILL SET THE WHOLE WORLD ON FIRE." "LET THE T...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

"IF YOU ARE WHAT YOU SHOULD BE, YOU WILL SET THE WHOLE WORLD ON FIRE." "LET THE TRUTH BE YOUR DELIGHT.... PROCLAIM IT..., BUT WITH A CERTAIN CONGENIALITY." ~ St. Catherine of Siena

You are most welcome...

--hide--

I knew nothing; I was nothing. For this reason God picked me out. - Catherine Laboure

Dove

05/13/2012 new

(Quote) Debbie-443016 said: I asked for strength and God gave the difficulties to make me Strong. I asked for Wisdom and God...
(Quote) Debbie-443016 said:

I asked for strength and God gave the difficulties to make me Strong. I asked for Wisdom and God gave me problems to solve. I asked for prosperity and God gave me brawn and brain to work. I asked for courage and God gave me dangers to overcome.

I asked for Patience and God placed me in Situation where I was forced to wait. I asked for Love and God gave me troubled People to help. I asked for favors and God gave me opportunities. I asked for everything so I could enjoy Life. Instead, He gave me life so I could enjoy everything.

I received nothing I wanted... I received everything I needed!

--hide--

Hi Debbie! rose

The more you abandon to God the care of all temporal things, the more He will take care to provide for all your wants; but if, on the contrary,

your try to supply for your own needs, Providence will allow you to continue to do just that, and then it may very well happen that

evennecessities are lacking, God thus reproving you for your want of faith and reliance in Him.

theheart

05/13/2012 new

(Quote) Colette-443908 said: A Mother's Love for her Child..... such a beautiful quote. “Befor...
(Quote) Colette-443908 said:

A Mother's Love for her Child..... such a beautiful quote.

“Before you were conceived I wanted you.
Before you were born I loved you.
Before you were here an hour I would die for you.
This is the miracle of love.”

-Maureen Hawkins

--hide--

that is beautiful Colette! thank you rose

05/13/2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Hello Deb Don't drag yourself any longer to His feet, follow th...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Hello Deb

Don't drag yourself any longer to His feet, follow that first impulse that draws you into His arms. That is where your place is. ~ St. Therese og Lisieux

--hide--

Do not anticipate the problems of this life with apprehension, but rather a perfect hope that God, to whom you belong, will free you from them accordingly. He has defended you up to now. Simply hold on tightly to the hand of His divine providence and He will help you in all events, and when you are unable to walk, He will lead you

Live tranquilly, removing from your imagination that which upsets you and say to our Lord: Oh God, you are my God and I will trust in You. You will assist me and be my refuge and I will fear nothing because not only are you with Him, but you are in Him and He is in you. What can a child fear in the arms of his Father?

theheart

St. Padre Pio

05/14/2012 new

What can a child fear in the arms of his Father?

Yes! How little we trust God although He's always with us. Thank you.

05/14/2012 new

Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son.

- Deuteronomy 7:3

05/14/2012 new

After there were several deaths in my family, my reading of scripture and inspiration books increased a hundredfold. This helped me to cope with my grief. One day, I was reading a story about a catholic grandmother whose infant grandmother had died of SIDS. The grandmother appealed to St Therese and asked that the Little Flower send her a sign that the baby was in heaven. In her grief she wanted a sign, although she did believe that the baby was in heaven. The grandmother had mentioned that the layette for her granddaughter had a common theme - embroidered yellow roses around the edges of the baby blankets and nightgowns. Well, some time passed and one day the grandmother went to a huge flea market with her husband, they spent several hours walking around the market. When they returned to the car...there was a single long stemmed yellow rose on the hood of the car. The grandmother had her sign. Yellow has always been my favorite color for roses.

I was very moved by this story. I wanted, and did, ask the Little Flower for a sign too....but did I really believe that she would give me one? No. The year after the deaths in my family and my reading of that story, I moved into a different apartment in the the fall of the year. The next spring a large rosebush in the corner of the yard bloomed and was covered in yellow roses. Then came the time when I moved to Aurora. It was in October of '09 that I relocated, so I didn't see what was waiting for me outside of my bedroom window until the next spring. There were some rosebushes there and when spring comes, they are covered in yellow roses. Coincidence? I wouldn't want to say yea or nay, but it is on my "Hey, what about that?" list. Dove

Posts 41 - 50 of 192