Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Nothing is all bad...

05/21/2012 new

Name one positive thing that came out of your marriage....

I believe that my marriage was used as a catalyst in my return to a true relationship with God. My eyes were opened to my own inadequacies, and I am learning that even if God has forgiven me, I need to learn how to forgive myself. I have recognized my isolation and am starting to reach out and rebuild relationship bridges.

05/21/2012 new

ummm....my sons, of course!

05/21/2012 new

Great topic, AnneMarie. My kids, of course. But also, I would not have found the Catholic Church. I converted in order to marry, but only much later did the Faith truly become my own.

05/21/2012 new
My children

I have a decent relationship with my mother in law, her 5 sisters, a grand mother in law. They always made me feel welcomed and loved.

Many outstanding spiritual experiences.

A deeper appreciation for my parents, their marriage, and the core values that they have instilled in all 6 of us.
05/22/2012 new

Maureen,

I couldn't agree more. When I was packing to leave my ex, his brother and sister-in-law came to the house to talk to me. I was told, "Just because my brother is a jerk, does not mean you are allowed to divorce us. We love you." I cried - a LOT! They are still two of my dearest friends and their middle son is going to make me a great aunt this fall!!

Kids, in-laws and church....life's good!!!

Anne Marie

05/30/2012 new

My 4 beautiful daughters. Also, I learned so much about myself, I know what I need as opposed to what I may want from a relationship. I realized that you can't change or help people who don't want help for themselves and that having a the same core beliefs as your spouse are super important.

05/30/2012 new

thanks Karen. I couldn't agree more. I definitely understand the concept of being unequally yoked now!

05/30/2012 new

(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said: Maureen, I couldn't agree more. When I was packing to leave my ex, his brother an...
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

Maureen,

I couldn't agree more. When I was packing to leave my ex, his brother and sister-in-law came to the house to talk to me. I was told, "Just because my brother is a jerk, does not mean you are allowed to divorce us. We love you." I cried - a LOT! They are still two of my dearest friends and their middle son is going to make me a great aunt this fall!!

Kids, in-laws and church....life's good!!!

Anne Marie

--hide--

So true, Anne Marie!

It feels so good to be at peace with everyone. No more bitterness, no more baggages, all is forgiven. I have a precious daughter, my in-laws are still very supportive and my ex and I are civil with each other. Best of all, I have a closer relationship with God. Yes, life is good! Dove

06/19/2012 new

Did any of you notice that only women have answered this question? Strange?

06/19/2012 new

(Quote) Stephen-725391 said: Did any of you notice that only women have answered this question? Strange?
(Quote) Stephen-725391 said:

Did any of you notice that only women have answered this question? Strange?

--hide--

So pipe in. wave

Posts 1 - 10 of 14