Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

05/26/2012 new
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:
--hide--

Oops my question was

Are you too set in your ways for a long term relationship to work?
05/26/2012 new
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Oops my question was Are you too set in your ways for a long term relationship to work?

Oops my question was

Are you too set in your ways for a long term relationship to work?
--hide--

Myself I tend to try to keep peace in a relationship so I probably compromise on what I consider things I can negotiate on too readily - things like decorations around the house, that type thing....and in my youth I learned to go to events like mud bogging and car races because of someone I was dating at the time.....
05/26/2012 new

Ha! I don't believe any of us are that "set in our ways" that we wouldn't consider a long term relationship, i.e. marriage.

For example, we're on a dating site... talk about taking risks! And to think, some of us actually communicate through the chat feature!! shocked

We're a wild bunch of flexible beings. tongue

Now here's the more relavent question - would you consider sleeping on the other side of the bed ?? Talk about scary!!! mischievous

05/26/2012 new
(Quote) Cindy-57124 said: Ha! I don't believe any of us are that "set in our ways" that we wouldn't consider a long ter...
(Quote) Cindy-57124 said:

Ha! I don't believe any of us are that "set in our ways" that we wouldn't consider a long term relationship, i.e. marriage.

For example, we're on a dating site... talk about taking risks! And to think, some of us actually communicate through the chat feature!!

We're a wild bunch of flexible beings.

Now here's the more relavent question - would you consider sleeping on the other side of the bed ?? Talk about scary!!!

--hide--

Well what started me thinking about this was my first clue I had ideas that needed discussing in my last relationship was a huge Thomas Kincade print I purchased last fall sight unseen. When I received it the thing was way too big to keep at my office. So I asked S....... If he wanted it for the spare bedroom at his house and I was told it did not match his decorating style.

So that started me asking other questions regarding that relationship. By the time we said goodbye in April I realized that even dating someone seriously for seven years there are things you don't find out until you really get to that point of discerning marriage... rose rose
05/26/2012 new
(Quote) Cindy-57124 said: Ha! I don't believe any of us are that "set in our ways" that we wouldn't consider a long ter...

For example, we're on a dating site... talk about taking risks! And to think, some of us actually communicate through the chat feature!!

We're a wild bunch of flexible beings.

Now here's the more relavent question - would you consider sleeping on the other side of the bed ?? Talk about scary!!!

--hide--

Oops sorry - sleeping on the other side of the bed would be a non-issue for me... I could get used to that.... laughing wink
05/26/2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Well what started me thinking about this was my first clue I had ideas that needed discussing in...

Well what started me thinking about this was my first clue I had ideas that needed discussing in my last relationship was a huge Thomas Kincade print I purchased last fall sight unseen.
--hide--

Didn't Thomas Kincade die recently.... the piece is probably worth millions now!! laughing

05/26/2012 new

I ponder the same thing. I think I mentioned it in another thread about being alone. I'm on my own, getting right with God, trying to lay the foundation for a solid life regardless of what/who God does or does not put in it. While on a BE retreat, several people mentioned not getting too comfortable with the alone phase. After a while, they had gotten so used to it they were not open to another relationship.

Honestly, the thought frightens me. My daughter and grandson are living with me now, and probably will be for at least another year. I did have a period of six months that I had no one in the house to take care of but myself. It was one of the most peaceful times in my life, and I adjusted to it VERY quickly. I think that it is a danger zone, which is why I'm here.

I'm not ready to date yet, nor am I in the position to with regards to my annulment, but I have to stay in the world. I continue to go out, dinner with friends and push the comfort zone. It's much easier (read safer) to stay home where nothing can hurt me if that makes sense. Not sure if that's the answer you were looking for, but I know that you're not the only one thinking it!

Brightest blessings,

Anne Marie

05/26/2012 new
(Quote) Cindy-57124 said: Didn't Thomas Kincade die recently.... the piece is probably worth millions now!!

Didn't Thomas Kincade die recently.... the piece is probably worth millions now!!

--hide--

It hangs in a very good place now....lol Donated it to a very good cause... angel
05/26/2012 new
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said: I ponder the same thing. I think I mentioned it in another thread about being alone. I'm on my own, get...
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

I ponder the same thing. I think I mentioned it in another thread about being alone. I'm on my own, getting right with God, trying to lay the foundation for a solid life regardless of what/who God does or does not put in it. While on a BE retreat, several people mentioned not getting too comfortable with the alone phase. After a while, they had gotten so used to it they were not open to another relationship.

Honestly, the thought frightens me. My daughter and grandson are living with me now, and probably will be for at least another year. I did have a period of six months that I had no one in the house to take care of but myself. It was one of the most peaceful times in my life, and I adjusted to it VERY quickly. I think that it is a danger zone, which is why I'm here.

I'm not ready to date yet, nor am I in the position to with regards to my annulment, but I have to stay in the world. I continue to go out, dinner with friends and push the comfort zone. It's much easier (read safer) to stay home where nothing can hurt me if that makes sense. Not sure if that's the answer you were looking for, but I know that you're not the only one thinking it!

Brightest blessings,

Anne Marie

--hide--

You know since I lost my son last year I am learning to be comfortable on my own again. And now I am starting to enjoy life & having fun with friends again. Since it was a LDR getting used to being on my own again now has not been that much of a challenge. I still make plans to go out & enjoy activities with others & I still enjoy going to Mass & my prayer life. I think if the right person were to come along at this point I could be open to dating again. But I know more the type of questions I will ask before investing my heart. I received my annulment in 1997 and have been divorced since 1988 so I have already worked through the issues from that. It just came as a surprise to me that I realized sometimes when we are in the middle of dating...we fail to ask the important questions. And for me part of them were "How do you see me fitting in with your daily life if I were to move however many miles it is to live in the same town so we can pursue a future together???" We were fine as a couple as long as it was just dating & following the church's teaching on dating. We enjoyed going out together & going to Mass & reconciliation together....but when the time came to figure out how to combine the two permanently things did fall apart.....

scratchchin
Posts 1 - 10 of 32