Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share
For discussion that revolves around a place, state, or country.

I should have posted this earlier, but there will be a talk on the life of Mother Cabrini

at the Mother Cabrini Nursing Home in Dobbs Ferry on Sunday 6/10/12 at 2:00 pm.

Dobbs Ferry is a beautiful place, right on the Hudson, and the Nursing Home is on

the site where Mother Cabrini had her Girl's School many years ago.

The talk is free.

There is also a very very small European like church in Dobbs Ferry called

Our Lady of Pompeii on Palisade Street. Mother Cabrini used to attend Mass

there and there is a statue of her in the Church.

06/12/2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: I should have posted this earlier, but there will be a talk on the life of Mother Cabrini<...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

I should have posted this earlier, but there will be a talk on the life of Mother Cabrini

at the Mother Cabrini Nursing Home in Dobbs Ferry on Sunday 6/10/12 at 2:00 pm.

Dobbs Ferry is a beautiful place, right on the Hudson, and the Nursing Home is on

the site where Mother Cabrini had her Girl's School many years ago.

The talk is free.

There is also a very very small European like church in Dobbs Ferry called

Our Lady of Pompeii on Palisade Street. Mother Cabrini used to attend Mass

there and there is a statue of her in the Church.

--hide--

I went to the lecture on Sunday. It was interesting. Unfortunately, I felt too much time
was spent on talking about immigration because that was the group of people that Mother Cabrini
sought out to help.

I wanted to know more about the miracles attributed to her sainthood, and how she had
the energy to do what she accomplished because she was supposed to be a sickly person
as a young person.

06/15/2012 new
At the canonization of Mother Cabrini, Pope Pius the XII said of her:

She allowed no one to impede her from accomplishing what may have seemed beyond the strength of a woman." Praying
06/16/2012 new

(Quote) Lucy-481878 said: At the canonization of Mother Cabrini, Pope Pius the XII said of her: She allowed no one to imped...
(Quote) Lucy-481878 said: At the canonization of Mother Cabrini, Pope Pius the XII said of her:

She allowed no one to impede her from accomplishing what may have seemed beyond the strength of a woman."
--hide--

Lucy: She got canonized pretty quickly. I guess they knew a Saint when they saw one. She died in 1917,
and I think they canonized her in the 1950's. She was an American Citizen.

06/16/2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Lucy: She got canonized pretty quickly. I guess they knew a Saint when they saw one. S...

Lucy: She got canonized pretty quickly. I guess they knew a Saint when they saw one. She died in 1917,
and I think they canonized her in the 1950's. She was an American Citizen.

--hide--

Lucy, I just looked it up--it was 1946. That isn't even 30 years. She must have had a halo around her head
when she was alive.

06/16/2012 new
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Lucy, I just looked it up--it was 1946. That isn't even 30 years. She must have had a halo aro...

Lucy, I just looked it up--it was 1946. That isn't even 30 years. She must have had a halo around her head
when she was alive.

--hide--

Hi, Marianne.

Indeed she must have. Mother Cabrini was frail but certainly had a lot of spunk. She was of immense help to Italian immigrants when they had no one else turn to. And, today, her order of nuns carry on her mission with the newest of immigrants to our shores.

Where I teach, our schools chapter of the Italian National Honor Society is named for Mother Cabrini. As part of the induction ceremony, one of the inductees leads her classmates in reciting inspirational words, prefaced by this thought:

As women, as children of immigrants, and as future leaders, let us look to Mother Cabrini for inspiration." biggrin Praying
Posts 1 - 6 of 6