Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

06/09/2012 new
So.... I presume it's a bit more liberal in that area? Perhaps someone should point out that the FSSP is in full communion with Rome. Doesn't the FSSP have to have permission from the Bishop to have the Church in the diocese? Sounds like the same hoo-rah that we heard in the states when the missal was revised. Just silliness.
06/09/2012 new

(Quote) Tammy-492301 said: So.... I presume it's a bit more liberal in that area? Perhaps someone should point out that...
(Quote) Tammy-492301 said: So.... I presume it's a bit more liberal in that area? Perhaps someone should point out that the FSSP is in full communion with Rome. Doesn't the FSSP have to have permission from the Bishop to have the Church in the diocese? Sounds like the same hoo-rah that we heard in the states when the missal was revised. Just silliness.
--hide--
Yes.

06/10/2012 new

the church has already turned its back on vatican two . wrong wrong wrong

06/10/2012 new

(Quote) Michael-556947 said: the church has already turned its back on vatican two . wrong wrong wrong <...
(Quote) Michael-556947 said:

--hide--

Actually, in practice, much of the church turned their backs on Vatican II 40 years ago: much of what was promoted and implemented as being in the "spirit of Vatican II" either wasn't mentioned in the Vatican II documents at all or - worse yet - was contradictory to the recommendations of Vatican II.

06/10/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Actually, in practice, much of the church turned their backs on Vatican II 40 years ago: ...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Actually, in practice, much of the church turned their backs on Vatican II 40 years ago: much of what was promoted and implemented as being in the "spirit of Vatican II" either wasn't mentioned in the Vatican II documents at all or - worse yet - was contradictory to the recommendations of Vatican II.

--hide--
they either burned the documents or put them in the shredder but not all of them .

06/10/2012 new
Huh? Burned and shredded what?
06/10/2012 new

(Quote) Michael-556947 said: (Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Actually, in practice, much of the church turn...
(Quote) Michael-556947 said:

Quote:
Jerry-74383 said:

they either burned the documents or put them in the shredder but not all of them .

--hide--

Padon me, but your paranoia is showing/ rolling eyes

06/10/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: (Quote) Michael-556947 said: the church has already turned its back on vati...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Quote:
Michael-556947 said:

--hide--

Having read the 16 Documents of Vatincan II myself, cover to cover, I must agree with Jerry.

To attempt an analogy, Vatican II as actually written was like the American Revolution. Its implementation was like the French Revolution.

06/10/2012 new

what goes around comes around . people are not stupid anymore .

Posts 1 - 10 of 40