Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

This is a topic I've always been curious about and this seems like a pretty appropriate venue for this question:

Men, how would you feel if a woman came up to you and asked you out (assuming she was clearly not crazy and was doing so politely)?

Would you be aggravated that you couldn't beat her to punch? Would you feel awkward if you weren't interested?

As for me, I have no problem asking a guy out. If I like someone and there are indications he likes me, I'll just be straightforward and ask him if he would like to go grab some coffee. I don't like prolonged flirting or waiting around for him (I don't play games, in other words). My first serious relationship actually started by me asking him out, so I know it does work. I now have a better appreciation when a guy has the courage to ask me out. I think since I've gone through it, I'm much more caring and gentle about turning him down if I'm not interested because I know how nervewracking it is :)

I'm just curious what you all might think. I've heard many contrasting theories.

I promise I won't judge! Please be honest.

06/18/2012 new

I don't have a problem with it at all. I think the "man moves first" rule is antiquated.

06/18/2012 new

(Quote) Rachel-868336 said: Would you feel awkward if you weren't interested?
(Quote) Rachel-868336 said:

Would you feel awkward if you weren't interested?

--hide--

Yes, it would feel awkward if I was not interested. I had one lady approach me on CM, I looked at her profile, decided that she was not what I was looking for. I asked my sister what to tell her to be polite. What I ended up telling her was true, but only part of the reason that I turned her down.

But women must have the same problem. My sister tells me that men go on one date with her and he starts making plans for another date next weekend. She has to figure out how to tell him that she is not interested in another date.

If a woman approached me here who looked appropriate and reasonable, then I have no problem with it at all. I would go ahead and meet her for coffee, unless I was already in a relationship. I did agree to meet one woman who approached me, but somehow she got offended before we met, so it never happened. Presumably for the best, I don't need somebody who gets offended easily, or a drama queen.

Richard

06/18/2012 new

(Quote) Rachel-868336 said: This is a topic I've always been curious about and this seems like a pretty appropriate venu...

This is a topic I've always been curious about and this seems like a pretty appropriate venue for this question:

Men, how would you feel if a woman came up to you and asked you out (assuming she was clearly not crazy and was doing so politely)?

Would you be aggravated that you couldn't beat her to punch? Would you feel awkward if you weren't interested?

As for me, I have no problem asking a guy out. If I like someone and there are indications he likes me, I'll just be straightforward and ask him if he would like to go grab some coffee. I don't like prolonged flirting or waiting around for him (I don't play games, in other words). My first serious relationship actually started by me asking him out, so I know it does work. I now have a better appreciation when a guy has the courage to ask me out. I think since I've gone through it, I'm much more caring and gentle about turning him down if I'm not interested because I know how nervewracking it is :)

I'm just curious what you all might think. I've heard many contrasting theories.

I promise I won't judge! Please be honest.

--hide--
Yes, it's okay.However,she better also be prepared to get rejections too.Lot's of rejections! laughing We men are used to that. cool

06/18/2012 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Yes, it's okay.However,she better also be prepared to get rejections too.Lot's of rejecti...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Yes, it's okay.However,she better also be prepared to get rejections too.Lot's of rejections! We men are used to that.

--hide--
I mean she has to learn to take her lumps www.youtube.com laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

06/18/2012 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: I mean she has to learn to take her lumps www.youtube.com
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

I mean she has to learn to take her lumps www.youtube.com

--hide--

HA! This was a perfect illustration. Most of life's queries can be answered by Bugs Bunny laughing

06/18/2012 new

I wouldn't mind at all. smile

06/18/2012 new

Come one guys, you know you're flattered when a lady asks you to lunch. Come on... mischievous

06/18/2012 new

(Quote) Rachel-868336 said: (Quote) Bernard-2709 said: I mean she has to learn to take her lumps http...

Quote:
Bernard-2709 said:

I mean she has to learn to take her lumps www.youtube.com

HA! This was a perfect illustration. Most of life's queries can be answered by Bugs Bunny

--hide--
So true....... Bunny!

06/18/2012 new

(Quote) Brian-328251 said: Come one guys, you know you're flattered when a lady asks you to lunch. Come on...
(Quote) Brian-328251 said:

Come one guys, you know you're flattered when a lady asks you to lunch. Come on...

--hide--
Especially because she'll be paying,if she is asking?! mischievous tongue laughing

Posts 1 - 10 of 200