Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

06/18/2012 new
(Quote) Rachel-868336 said: This is a topic I've always been curious about and this seems like a pretty appropriate venue for this que...
(Quote) Rachel-868336 said:

This is a topic I've always been curious about and this seems like a pretty appropriate venue for this question:

Men, how would you feel if a woman came up to you and asked you out (assuming she was clearly not crazy and was doing so politely)?

Would you be aggravated that you couldn't beat her to punch? Would you feel awkward if you weren't interested?

As for me, I have no problem asking a guy out. If I like someone and there are indications he likes me, I'll just be straightforward and ask him if he would like to go grab some coffee. I don't like prolonged flirting or waiting around for him (I don't play games, in other words). My first serious relationship actually started by me asking him out, so I know it does work. I now have a better appreciation when a guy has the courage to ask me out. I think since I've gone through it, I'm much more caring and gentle about turning him down if I'm not interested because I know how nervewracking it is :)

I'm just curious what you all might think. I've heard many contrasting theories.

I promise I won't judge! Please be honest.

--hide--

As long as she is asking politely, who cares if she is crazy? :wink

Just kidding, no problem with it at all. It helps us guys to know who is interested in us in case we miss the signs or our ESP isn't working that day. biggrin
06/18/2012 new

(Quote) Rachel-868336 said: Men, how would you feel if a woman came up to you and asked you out (assuming she was clearly no...

Men, how would you feel if a woman came up to you and asked you out (assuming she was clearly not crazy and was doing so politely)?

--hide--

fine with me. sometimes it's the only way to know a woman is interested. help us out here ladies. enough waiting for him. maybe he's been cowed into not asking because the of the less than warm reactions other women have given him. so if you like what you see, ask him out.

06/18/2012 new

I would be flattered!! and think to myself one: its about time laughing laughing And two: is she going to pick up the tab? (for a whatever kind of date) coffe; meal; or whatever? thats my opinion take care Mike "peace"!!

06/18/2012 new

(Quote) Rachel-868336 said: This is a topic I've always been curious about and this seems like a pretty appropriate venu...

This is a topic I've always been curious about and this seems like a pretty appropriate venue for this question:

Would you be aggravated that you couldn't beat her to punch? Would you feel awkward if you weren't interested?

As for me, I have no problem asking a guy out. If I like someone and there are indications he likes me, I'll just be straightforward and ask him if he would like to go grab some coffee. I don't like prolonged flirting or waiting around for him (I don't play games, in other words). My first serious relationship actually started by me asking him out, so I know it does work. I now have a better appreciation when a guy has the courage to ask me out. I think since I've gone through it, I'm much more caring and gentle about turning him down if I'm not interested because I know how nervewracking it is :)

I'm just curious what you all might think. I've heard many contrasting theories.

--hide--

I think it would be great if a girl would ask me out.......this is, of course, an assumption since it hasn't happened yet. haha.

06/19/2012 new

How would I feel if a woman asked me out? I would be flattered, but at some point it would bother me, especially if we had previously met. Had we not met previously, then I'd feel better, but there would be some second guessing at some point.

Would you be aggravated you couldn't beat her to the punch? Yes. I would still go out on the date and be excited for the date, but it would encourage me to be more decisive in the future with her.

Would you feel awkward if you weren't interested? Yes. Very awkward. Would not know how to tell her "no" without it being really tough.

06/19/2012 new

(Quote) Rachel-868336 said: This is a topic I've always been curious about and this seems like a pretty appropriate venu...

--hide--
We pause a moment for an important announcement.

We welcome Rachel to the CM forums, and her first post. We hope you will join us often and add your comments whenever you wish. It's a good way to get to know people. Many friendships have developed from this feature. wave biggrin

06/19/2012 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Especially because she'll be paying,if she is asking?!
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Especially because she'll be paying,if she is asking?!

--hide--
Nice try, Bernard, but I think the gentleman should still offer to pay. Note that I said offer..... wink

06/19/2012 new

I am not opposed to it as a now and then thing, but as a general rule I prefer to ask her out and to initiate dates. I'll also say that if she makes a habit of chasing me then the relationship is not going to last

06/19/2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: We pause a moment for an important announcement. We welcome Rachel to the CM forums, and her...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

We pause a moment for an important announcement.

We welcome Rachel to the CM forums, and her first post. We hope you will join us often and add your comments whenever you wish. It's a good way to get to know people. Many friendships have developed from this feature.

--hide--

Good call, Ray. First post alert!! Welcome Rachel!

06/19/2012 new

--hide--
Either way is fine. If a woman asks, I don't see anything wrong with it. The more casual the get-together is, the less awkward it would be if someone were opposed to this. Your example of stopping in somewhere for coffee is innocent enough so as not to imply a burning interest, even if that would be the case. Conversation during this gathering can lead somewhere -- or not, depending upon how each of you is impressed with one another.

Rejection might be forthcoming, but it may not have anything to do with you. There could be other valid reasons for turning you down, so you wouldn't have to take a "no" personally.

To sum it up: Go for it!!!

Posts 11 - 20 of 200