Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

06/19/2012 new

I think it is a great idea!

06/19/2012 new

I think I should ask out that UPS delivery man who brings a package to me every week.

So reliable. And those brown shorts!

06/19/2012 new
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: I think I should ask out that UPS delivery man who brings a package to me every week. ...
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said:

I think I should ask out that UPS delivery man who brings a package to me every week.

--hide--

Just what every woman wants, gifts with nothing expected in return. wink
06/19/2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: Veronica, You're welcome. But kind of a shame, that being a gentleman, or lady, isn...
(Quote) John-666618 said:

Veronica, You're welcome. But kind of a shame, that being a gentleman, or lady, isn't the accepted norm. We are only treated with the level of respect we demand of ourselves. If I don't act as a gentleman, how can I expect to date a lady?

--hide--

John, You're right again! Thanks, Veronica

06/19/2012 new

(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: I think I should ask out that UPS delivery man who brings a package to me every week.

--hide--

Cathy, One of my long time friends, asked out her UPS guy that would frequent her job with packages. They went out and have been married for several years and have 3 children! He told her that he was glad she asked him out because they have a rule in the company that they can not ask anyone out or they will be fired!! I SAY, "GO FOR IT, CATHY! hehe!!!!! All the best, Veronicawave theheart

06/19/2012 new

So many interesting perspectives! And thank you guys also for the warm welcome.

I also like the philosophy that if women ask out, it should something informal like coffee. In fact, I think most first dates should be informal like that, not just when we initiate. And yes, I'm also assuming the woman who asks the man has known him for a little while at least. I could never ask out a stranger.

06/19/2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: If I don't act as a gentleman, how can I expect to date a lady?
(Quote) John-666618 said:

If I don't act as a gentleman, how can I expect to date a lady?

--hide--

Maybe you'd do beter with a real-live woman than with an imaginary ideal you call a "lady".

Putting a woman on a pedestal is cruel.

06/19/2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said:Putting a woman on a pedestal is cruel.
(Quote) David-364112 said:
Putting a woman on a pedestal is cruel.

--hide--

I'm not trying to put anyone on a pedestal. A lady is not an imaginary creature, and neither is a gentleman. I am talking about treating someone with the same respect I want for myself. There is no way to command respect without showing respect first.

06/19/2012 new

I suppose that I would be flattered, though perhaps a little confused. It's a rather far-fetched that I could become aggravated. While decorum would have me initiate, I see the matter more as a guideline than a rule. I suppose that it would be no differently akward for women who turn men down than the other way around, though I suppose that a man would be less practiced at turning a woman down.

As for coffee, is that actually a date? I suppose that it would seem more to me that it is closer to a less subtle form of "hint".

06/19/2012 new

(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: I think I should ask out that UPS delivery man who brings a package to me every week.

--hide--

Let us know how it turns out!

Posts 41 - 50 of 200