Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

I need help with something.

I don't know what to do with my wedding pictures. It seems rude to throw them in the dumpster. We don't have any kids together that might want them later....I don't really want to keep them. What do I do with them? Any ideas? Is there a way I can dispose of them that doesn't seem so mean, "Yep here go the wedding pictures, right into the dumpster." The thought of it makes me cry. But maybe that's the best thing to do.

If we had children together I would have saved them for them but we don't. I really don't want to keep dusting the album everyday. He's already got a new girlfriend.

Thanks for any suggestions--enjoy your weekend,

Lorrie

05/18/2012 new

Box them up and send them to one of those companies that makes picture frames. That way, when they go to ship a bunch to a retailer, people who want to buy a frame can have your pic already in the frame and see how beautiful the frame is. FWIW. tongue

05/18/2012 new

Lorrie, Since you have no children there is no reason to keep them have a cutting up picture partyrolling eyes laughingit's like closing another chapter in your life to begin the new one.. maybe if you have nice pictures of your loved ones angel hug Praying theheart you keep those , or if you are still friendly with ex's family you could do the same. I had a daughter so I kept a few for her so she knew we were married, but honestly she doesn't even want to or care to look at them ever. Take care flower Jordie p.s. I still have a few and I want her to take them she says no , I really want to throw them away, but maybe someday she might want to show grandchild so I hide them away until further noticerolling eyes laughing angel :praying: :theheart:

05/18/2012 new

(Quote) Jordie-610865 said: Lorrie, Since you have no children there is no reason to keep them have a cutting up picture par...
(Quote) Jordie-610865 said:

Lorrie, Since you have no children there is no reason to keep them have a cutting up picture party it's like closing another chapter in your life to begin the new one.. maybe if you have nice pictures of your loved ones you keep those , or if you are still friendly with ex's family you could do the same. I had a daughter so I kept a few for her so she knew we were married, but honestly she doesn't even want to or care to look at them ever. Take care Jordie p.s. I still have a few and I want her to take them she says no , I really want to throw them away, but maybe someday she might want to show grandchild so I hide them away until further notice

--hide--

Thanks so much,

She may not want them now but like you said, there may come a time. I am keeping the one of me by myself in my dress. I will never forget the moment I first put on that dress. I cried, it was the most beautiful thing I ever wore. I had a picture taken by myself with my boquet and veil with the train of the dress all fanned out--I love that picture so I will keep that since it's just me. I'm hiking the rest to the dumpster.

Lorrie

05/18/2012 new

Lorrie I ended keeping a some with that had pictures of my family. The rest I placed in the dumpter. There were no children to save anything for.

05/18/2012 new

I gave the ones that had just family members or friends to the person that was in the picture. I didn't give any with me or my ex in them to anyone. Those all went into the trash.

06/19/2012 new

If I had a big wedding with professional pictures taken then I'd be in the same boat as everyone here. with me it was different. We were married by a justice of the peace then came back to our hometown to party with our families. So, I only have a few pictures that are still in the album that will eventually be my daughters. She has looked at them since I have them in the beginning of her baby album. First the wedding then the baby! The only one I tore up was one of Joel in a family portrait. It looks a little funny w/o him in there.

06/19/2012 new

(Quote) Lorrie-735074 said: I need help with something.

(Quote) Lorrie-735074 said:

I need help with something.

I don't know what to do with my wedding pictures. It seems rude to throw them in the dumpster. We don't have any kids together that might want them later....I don't really want to keep them. What do I do with them? Any ideas? Is there a way I can dispose of them that doesn't seem so mean, "Yep here go the wedding pictures, right into the dumpster." The thought of it makes me cry. But maybe that's the best thing to do.

If we had children together I would have saved them for them but we don't. I really don't want to keep dusting the album everyday. He's already got a new girlfriend.

Thanks for any suggestions--enjoy your weekend,

Lorrie

--hide--

If you're done grieving, or mostly, I would go through and see if any beside the one you mentioned make you happy. If it does, transfer it to another album. If not, dump them, or burn them. I love the idea of the phoenix and new life rising from the ashes. It always seemed cathartic to me.

06/19/2012 new

(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said: If you're done grieving, or mostly, I would go through and see if any beside the ...
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

If you're done grieving, or mostly, I would go through and see if any beside the one you mentioned make you happy. If it does, transfer it to another album. If not, dump them, or burn them. I love the idea of the phoenix and new life rising from the ashes. It always seemed cathartic to me.

--hide--

Thanks Annmarie! I ended up throwing them out. We didn't have children together so really there was no reason to keep them. Then yesterday I found a small one. It was our wedding reception and we were both dancing the polka. For some reason I held onto it. It didn't make me sad, on the contrary, it reminded me there were lots of good times, and to focus on the good and what I learned and not on the bad and how it ended. I was happy to see that I can do that --and I'm sure that will grow in time.

Lorrie

06/19/2012 new

(Quote) Lorrie-735074 said: Thanks Annmarie! I ended up throwing them out. We didn't have children tog...
(Quote) Lorrie-735074 said:

Thanks Annmarie! I ended up throwing them out. We didn't have children together so really there was no reason to keep them. Then yesterday I found a small one. It was our wedding reception and we were both dancing the polka. For some reason I held onto it. It didn't make me sad, on the contrary, it reminded me there were lots of good times, and to focus on the good and what I learned and not on the bad and how it ended. I was happy to see that I can do that --and I'm sure that will grow in time.

Lorrie

--hide--

I'm glad you found one that made you smile. I had lived with negativity for such a long time, I had to turn it around. I've been on a positive and/or gratitude kick for about 18 months. It works well for the most part!

Hugs

Posts 1 - 10 of 38