Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share
Topics from forums which did not have at least 2 new topics per month for the past 6 months are archived here.

So now that we have been singing and saying the new mass parts or translation, how do people like it so far? I like it. It is nice and prayerful..
(It makes me feel less 70's and more formal..)
Have people notice and had new music intyroduced? How do you like it?

Locally I like the translation and the new music they picked for the mass parts.

06/26/2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: So now that we have been singing and saying the new mass parts or translation, how do people like...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

So now that we have been singing and saying the new mass parts or translation, how do people like it so far? I like it. It is nice and prayerful..

Locally I like the translation and the new music they picked for the mass parts.

--hide--

I love the new translation. I wish the music were more traditional. Sometimes I feel like I'm at a rock concert, albeit Christian. I really would like to hear hymns like Holy God We Praise Thy Name, Come Holy Ghost and Ave Maria during Holy Communion and others. It would make the Mass even more reverent.

06/26/2012 new

(Quote) Maia-181886 said: I love the new translation. I wish the music were more traditional. Sometimes I f...
(Quote) Maia-181886 said:

I love the new translation. I wish the music were more traditional. Sometimes I feel like I'm at a rock concert, albeit Christian. I really would like to hear hymns like Holy God We Praise Thy Name, Come Holy Ghost and Ave Maria during Holy Communion and others. It would make the Mass even more reverent.

--hide--

St. Therese Parish(Order Discalsed Carmelites O.C.D.)

Every Sunday, 1 p.m. (sung High Mass)Traditional Latin Mass
Fr. Robert Bishop, celebrant
1100 East Alhambra Rd.
Alhambra, CA 91801-2827
626-282-2744

06/26/2012 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: (Quote) Maia-181886 said: I love the new translation. I wish the ...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Quote:
Maia-181886 said:

1100 East Alhambra Rd.
Alhambra, CA 91801-2827
626-282-2744

--hide--

Thanks..

Our new music at OLPH is great. I have not been to many more places yet. I will look into it. Thank you Bern.

06/26/2012 new

(Quote) Maia-181886 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: So now that we have been singing and saying the ...
(Quote) Maia-181886 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

--hide--

We are using those. We are using old hyms again. Is LA still trying to be progressive?

06/26/2012 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: (Quote) Maia-181886 said: I love the new translation. I wish the ...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Quote:
Maia-181886 said:

1100 East Alhambra Rd.
Alhambra, CA 91801-2827
626-282-2744

--hide--

Thanks for the reminder Bernard. wave This is indeed a great parish! I have been for Mass, Confession (the Holy Spirit clearly shines through their priests), and Adoration. Their Adoration chapel is really beautiful. theheart

I think I attended a Saturday Mass and it was so reverent. I felt like I was really attending Mass. Praying

06/26/2012 new

I'm glad they finally got the translation right. I mean we were the only country where bishops HAD to make it more about the American culture and what was touchy feely instead of trusting in God's word. I don't know why Americans always feel the need to "conform" everything to what our culture is feeling at the moment. However, I'm not happy with the musical arrangement we have for it....not crazy about that.

06/26/2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: (Quote) Maia-181886 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: <...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Quote:
Maia-181886 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

We are using those. We are using old hyms again. Is LA still trying to be progressive?

--hide--

I'm not sure if that's their goal, to be 'progressive.' It's painfully obvious many people who attend these Masses with the Christian rock music, don't care for the music and the 'clapping to the beat' and the 'grooving to the sounds.'

When I have attended Mass featuring more reverent hymns, all you need do is look around at people; you can tell, on the whole, they love the reverence! theheart And their participation increases also.

06/26/2012 new

Actually, it wasn't an attempt to be progressive, it was an attempt to retranslate what they messed up in the 60's because the words simply did not MEAN what they said....I wish I had a copy, I could give you an example, there are some real theological doozies. I always knew this and wondered, why we didn't have a better creed and better translation, I didn't know it was only the American Bishops in the 60's who decided to be very wishy--washy about the translation. So I'm glad, there can be NO mistake about what we mean. And since part of it is the creed. It ought to be VERY tightly woven.

06/26/2012 new

(Quote) Marissa-529206 said: I'm glad they finally got the translation right. I mean we were the only country where bish...
(Quote) Marissa-529206 said:

I'm glad they finally got the translation right. I mean we were the only country where bishops HAD to make it more about the American culture and what was touchy feely instead of trusting in God's word. I don't know why Americans always feel the need to "conform" everything to what our culture is feeling at the moment. However, I'm not happy with the musical arrangement we have for it....not crazy about that.

--hide--

So some of the new music composed is not very well liked?

Posts 1 - 10 of 37