Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

adoption

07/01/2012 new

what are the requirements for adopting a child?
is there anyone with an experience>?
what are the challenges?

07/19/2012 new

(Quote) Anne-348574 said: what are the requirements for adopting a child?is there anyone with an experience>?what...
(Quote) Anne-348574 said:

what are the challenges?

--hide--

Wow. I can't believe no one knows. I am curious myself. Bets of luck to you if decide to take on this endeavor

07/19/2012 new

(Quote) Anne-348574 said: what are the requirements for adopting a child?is there anyone with an experience>?what...
(Quote) Anne-348574 said:

what are the challenges?

--hide--

Hi Anne,theheart
There are many avenues for adoption. One that I am a little familiar with is through Catholic Charities foster parent program. You can become a foster parent through Catholic Charities and Dept. of Health and Human Services. Over time, and consideration, you could be considered for adopting one or more of the foster children.

There is a website; just google Catholic Charities Foster Care.

theheart

07/19/2012 new

Anne,

Different countries=different requirements. I am an adult adoptee, and I have adopted. wave

Challenges? as many as with any raising of children---just lots more legal and beauracratic paperwork!!!!!!!

Catholic Charities and Children's Home Society (Stateside) can give you much information specific to your situation.

Just call! No obligations...they get hundreds of questions and queries!

Remember..."No effort...(even just ASKING!) done on behalf of a child....is ever wasted!!!!!!" biggrin

Posts 1 - 4 of 4