Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

07/01/2012 new
(Quote) Robert-863708 said: Dawn,If you are not finding the kind of guy you feel has potential enough, then moving off sit...
(Quote) Robert-863708 said:

Dawn,

If you are not finding the kind of guy you feel has potential enough, then moving off site might be the best thing for you. I can't argue with you for your reasons. Many others have made the same point in the past. For me, it's like Khoa's fishing pole analogy. You just keep trying and trying until you have some success.

Good luck in future and keep "him" open in your prayers.
Robert

--hide--

Thanks Robert. Yes, I have decided to look elsewhere and maybe take a break from all of this. I have spoken to some great guys here who would be great matches if they didn't live so far. I speak to very great ladies here as well and they mention the same thing so I am reassured it's not just me.
07/01/2012 new

(Quote) Dawn-758914 said: Thanks Robert. Yes, I have decided to look elsewhere and maybe take a break from all of this. I h...
(Quote) Dawn-758914 said:

Thanks Robert. Yes, I have decided to look elsewhere and maybe take a break from all of this. I have spoken to some great guys here who would be great matches if they didn't live so far. I speak to very great ladies here as well and they mention the same thing so I am reassured it's not just me.
--hide--

:) Thank goodness for the ladies who keep me entertained. I'm glad there is such a community on here.

07/02/2012 new

I joined because I wanted to meet people I shared something in common with. :)

07/02/2012 new

Hi all!

I joined earlier this year because I am ready to get married! I renewed yeasterday because I still want to find a Godly man... but I missed the community of women! cool

07/02/2012 new

Hi Jeff,

I joined CM to try something new & to open up my options as far as dating. I was a member of a couple of other secular sites as well when I joined CM. Now I am down to CM & 1 secular site.

Since I have been on the site I have met a few very nice people. Mostly women. However, paying for a dating site to meet female friends is not what I signed up for. I'm looking to find the right man for me and I haven't been successful there yet. I have spoken with a couple of nice men, they are long distance and it's too soon to tell if either will become romantic or just friendships.

Also, I believe in my faith, but I'm not as devout a Catholic as a lot of people on CM are, which sometimes makes me feel not good enough for some people, even though their profiles may show they are someone I could be interested in. I'm still determining if this is the right place for me to be. I still have a few more months in my membership and I will be here through then & see what happens :)

07/02/2012 new
I initially joined when I took a teaching job overseas two months after my husband was assassinated. I was at a small base and the widow/widower forums were what drew me. I was not interested in dating. As time has gone by, I have developed many friends here which is why I stay. I have no illusions about the big fairy tale being found online.
07/02/2012 new

Jeff,

I joined CM because I wanted to meet others who were Catholic.

07/02/2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: To meet the last love of my life..
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

To meet the last love of my life..

--hide--

Bravo, Donna! wave

As Tara said, I had 3 definite "signs" to join CM:

1. A very respected Catholic gentleman in our church community suggested God could still have a "last love" out there, even in my vocation as widowed mom hug 2. My physician's first question this year's visit was "So, have you started dating yet, Barbara?" wide eyed 3. My two oldest teens started suggesting/introducing me to gentlemen they held in high esteem! weeping

Now, that last one rolling eyes ...that DID it! faint eyebrow boggled

07/02/2012 new

I attended a meeting of a local Catholic Singles group. There were two people there, both seemed and acted very old.

So I joined after I realized that the local Catholic Singles group was not going to provide me with a partner/spouse. It was kind of a response to frustration.

To my way of thinking, CM has worked pretty well for me. I have met some nice ladies. I have been favorably impressed with the quality of the women who I have met here. I really have not had a face to face meeting with any CM lady who left me with a bad impression. We will see how things work out in the longer term.

Of course, the demographics are in my favor. My current estimate for my age group on CM is that women outnumber men about 3 to 2. Honestly, I thought that the ratio would be even more lopsided.

Richard

07/02/2012 new
(Quote) Tara-539245 said: :) Thank goodness for the ladies who keep me entertained. I'm glad th...
(Quote) Tara-539245 said:

:) Thank goodness for the ladies who keep me entertained. I'm glad there is such a community on here.

--hide--

The women are terrific here. I just wish more lived by me.
Posts 11 - 20 of 131