Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

07/03/2012 new

(Quote) Jeff-406043 said: Just curious why you all chose to join Catholic Match.
(Quote) Jeff-406043 said:

Just curious why you all chose to join Catholic Match.

--hide--

I joined because I'm Catholic and I have told myself if I ever get married again, married? whom am I kidding, if I ever have a date again, it will only be with someone who is Catholic and understands their faith.

Keith

07/03/2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: To meet the last love of my life.. Since we can all see that didn'...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

To meet the last love of my life..

Since we can all see that didn't happen.. The more important question is..Why have I stayed? Because I have made the most incredible friends anyone could ever be so lucky to find.. And because IT'S SO MUCH DARN FUN HERE!!!

--hide--
Hmmm.. Im not even looking for a mate. Was here for the trivia, but after I signed up and I started reading the fora, I'm beginning to enjoy it here! A lot of very smart people here. Very good conversation/discussions. It's fun! :)

07/03/2012 new

(Quote) Nessa-101876 said: I joined because I wanted to meet people I shared something in common with. :)
(Quote) Nessa-101876 said:

I joined because I wanted to meet people I shared something in common with. :)

--hide--
Likewise. PLUS I feel like this is a safe venue to "meet" people.

07/03/2012 new

I saw the advertisment in my church bulletin. I was 36 at the time. I wanted to meet good Catholic guys. My subscription ends this month and I'm not sure I'll renew. After 2 years, the forums aren't enough anymore. But I'm still unsure what I'll do.

07/03/2012 new

(Quote) Jeff-406043 said: Just curious why you all chose to join Catholic Match.
(Quote) Jeff-406043 said:

Just curious why you all chose to join Catholic Match.

--hide--
A few years ago my son asked me if we could buy a new mommy, if they didn't cost too much. (if only he knew..)

I sort of liked the idea of having a special someone, not to mention the obvious lack of the feminine touch with the kids. I found Catholic Match and signed up. That was 7 or 8 years ago. In that time I have met several very nice gals. One, I went head over heels. Another did the same to me. Both were just to far from home. I am now a bit apprehensive about LDR's. Yet my situation is a bit more complicated than most, so a wider search is necessary if there is to be any chance of success.

The best part of CM is the ability to meet potential friends. It would be nice if there were 50 possible gf's within a few miles, but then I am not 20-something, never married, tall dark and handsome. Being slightly past middle age with two kids in grade school, and on the short side of the size spectrum does present challanges with meeting someone the old fashion way.

The other site, catholic singles, does not have the forum, so it is hard to meet anyone. I believe the best method for figuring out who is a real match is the forum.

07/03/2012 new

I had hoped to meet Prince Charming the old fashioned way. I get caught in the rain and he pops out of nowhere with an umbrella. I’m studying in the library, I drop a book, and he picks it up for me. We’re both in the same graduate school seminar and we discover that we have so much in common and fall head over heels … alas, that has never happened.

A few years ago, everything seemed to be moving onto the internet – news, music, shopping, and even meeting people. As a practicing Catholic, CM seemed like a friendly place to drop in and say hello, or so to speak. There are other Catholic or Christian sites, but I have felt more comfortable on CM than anywhere else.

A lot of the secular sites were frankly horrifying or just plain gross. (shudder) eHarmony should be called eDisappointment or eRipoff, or eWasteoftime with the 45-minute registration process for all of those dimensions of compatibility, when all they do is match you up geographically.

So, I’d much rather spend some time on CM.

07/04/2012 new
Frankly, I am still trying to figure out why I joined. laughing

I just wanted to meet and make new friends who shared my values and beliefs. My friends have been urging me to start dating. I am quite shy and traditional so it is hard for me to meet people, so a close friend suggested that I try online dating sites. I have heard horror stories about secular sites and thought that a Catholic site may be a better place for me to start. I hope... (fingers crossed).

I think I have spent more time reading the forums than searching or reading profiles. I find the forums much more interesting and insightful.

Honestly, I believe in fate. If God wants me to find a second love, I trust He will send someone my way.

wink wink wink wink
07/04/2012 new

I joined because I realized that I need my Husband to be Catholic, and faithful to the church. This came about from many hard knocks, but I'm not bitter. Experience is the best teacher. I also joined because I am relitively new in town and it is hard to get to know people. Plus my sister met her husband through here, and it is good for me to be open to all possibilities.

07/05/2012 new

[quote]Joe-73537 said:

A few years ago my son asked me if we could buy a new mommy, if they didn't cost too much. (if only he knew..)

Eight people have tried to matchmake me with the only single Catholic fellow my age in town. (It's a small town.) My feeling is, if he was interested, he would have said something by now.

My son has started asking if I will get married again. He's six.

I was a definite "band nerd" in high school, and I still am. I'm shy. Online I can blurt out almost anything and I'm fine, in real life I don't know what I'd do if a guy came up to talk to me. So here I am.

07/05/2012 new

I live in a small town in the south. There are very few single women my age at my church. I decided I was too isolated, and needed to become more available.

Posts 31 - 40 of 131