Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

07/05/2012 new

The desire to remarry and the need to connect with Catholics especially those who are trying to live out their faith.

07/05/2012 new

To prove to myself, empirically, powered by the scope and reach of the World Wide Web (a pretty big net), that truly, there is nobody for me.

That there is no devout Catholic never married man (i.e. someone like me) for me--to prove what my own life experience has already been telling me ("there is nobody for you"), what everyone has been telling me for years ("Are you crazy? There are no devout never married Catholic guys your age.") And after 10 years (to the month, my friends, happy CM anniversary to me!) I still have not found anyone who is my match.

In the social sciencesgraduate I think 10 years of data gathering proves the point, what do y'all think?

07/05/2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: To prove to myself, empirically, powered by the scope and reach of the World Wide Web (a pretty big n...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

To prove to myself, empirically, powered by the scope and reach of the World Wide Web (a pretty big net), that truly, there is nobody for me.

That there is no devout Catholic never married man (i.e. someone like me) for me--to prove what my own life experience has already been telling me ("there is nobody for you"), what everyone has been telling me for years ("Are you crazy? There are no devout never married Catholic guys your age.") And after 10 years (to the month, my friends, happy CM anniversary to me!) I still have not found anyone who is my match.

In the social sciences I think 10 years of data gathering proves the point, what do y'all think?

--hide--

I think you find what you're looking for...

07/05/2012 new

I'm beginning to wonder...

07/05/2012 new

Yeah, I am sure that is exactly it.

07/06/2012 new

(Quote) Jeff-406043 said: Just curious why you all chose to join Catholic Match.
(Quote) Jeff-406043 said:

Just curious why you all chose to join Catholic Match.

--hide--

Well for starters in my area I don't find many catholics, I find alot of cafeteria catholics. I also always seem to run into women thatt have boyfriends or are not catholic. I admit I may be a tad picky/selective but in a good way :). I made Catholic Match to hopefully meet my future spouse thats really the only reason I made a profile and paid money to subscribe.

07/06/2012 new

(Quote) Jeff-406043 said: Just curious why you all chose to join Catholic Match.
(Quote) Jeff-406043 said:

Just curious why you all chose to join Catholic Match.

--hide--
For reason number 872,439. It starts with something like "Hi .... and it may end with "I do". My crystal ball doesn't work to well anymore and the juicey stuff in between is really fussy.
Seriously, it came across as the best place to start back on to a road that leads to somewhere with someone.

07/06/2012 new

Because I am open to any avenue that God makes available to me to find my partner in this life, and I have not completely lost hope that she is out there. Catholic Match is one of the best sources to meet like-minded ladies who may be the one for me.

07/06/2012 new

Pat, I too have been on Catholic Match for a long time. I was off for a while (3 years) while dating & engaged. But, I'm back again.

It is hard to keep the faith of someone being out there for me. I stay on Catholic Match to keep that option open, but I have faith that if God wants me in a relationship it will happen.

Lately, I have not really participated in the forums as much. Truth be told my three teenagers have alot of activities! I am really enjoying being a mom. These years are really hard not having a partner to confide in & consult with, however on the other hand has given me more self-confidence and the ability to ask for HELP when I need it.

On Catholic Match, I enjoy learning how much I don't know in the trivia game.

07/06/2012 new

(Quote) Dawn-758914 said: I think the women here for the most part are much better than most of the men
(Quote) Dawn-758914 said: I think the women here for the most part are much better than most of the men
--hide--

Credit where credit is due: Of all the disgruntled statement I've come across on here, this one is by far the most intriguing!

As an entirely selfish matter, I'm all for it! laughing

Posts 41 - 50 of 131