Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

07/06/2012 new

Here are some random thoughts that shot through my head while reading the article.

"In a restaurant, you ask her what she would like from the menu and offer to order it for her. "

It would be beneath the dignity of the lady to verbally interact with a human (the waiter) beneath her station.

"You keep her drink cup filled. "

Indeed, one must get the lady plastered.

"You do not call last minute to invite her to dinner, movie or another date. You give her plenty of time, at least two days."

The lady in question must be given sufficient time to pick her outfit and select a purse that matches. This time also gives her time to requisition new vestments if she decides the adequacy of her current options is lacking. In addition if a gentleman has a desire to take multiple ladies out on the same date, they must be given sufficient time to research and stalk their potential adversaries.

"You are on time. You arrive when you say you will and leave when you say you will."

A gentleman must not attempt to entertain a potential marriage concelebrant beyond a contractually agreed upon time. This also properly instructs the lady that the gentleman's time is more imortant to him than she is.

"You are kind to her mother and respectful to her father if you meet them."

While it would be preferable to avoid meeting her family members, one must not give them a reason to jump on horses and chase you down with a shotgun if the unpleasant does happen.

07/06/2012 new

Very good article, Pat. Thank you for sharing. Definitely some food for thought and inspirational.

07/06/2012 new

(Quote) Raymond-614191 said: (Quote) Pat-5351 said: Here's a really to the point, practical artic...
(Quote) Raymond-614191 said:

Quote:
Pat-5351 said:

Here's a really to the point, practical article on the art of being the kind of gentleman that girls will respond to. Sound advice, no matter how old we may be:

www.catholiceducation.org

Nice article but, possibly a bit outdated for most women of today.

--hide--

NOT AT all outdated. Not at all.

07/06/2012 new

(Quote) Alex-789274 said: Here are some random thoughts that shot through my head while reading the article. &q...
(Quote) Alex-789274 said:

Here are some random thoughts that shot through my head while reading the article.

"In a restaurant, you ask her what she would like from the menu and offer to order it for her. "

It would be beneath the dignity of the lady to verbally interact with a human (the waiter) beneath her station.

"You keep her drink cup filled. "

Indeed, one must get the lady plastered.

"You do not call last minute to invite her to dinner, movie or another date. You give her plenty of time, at least two days."

The lady in question must be given sufficient time to pick her outfit and select a purse that matches. This time also gives her time to requisition new vestments if she decides the adequacy of her current options is lacking. In addition if a gentleman has a desire to take multiple ladies out on the same date, they must be given sufficient time to research and stalk their potential adversaries.

"You are on time. You arrive when you say you will and leave when you say you will."

A gentleman must not attempt to entertain a potential marriage concelebrant beyond a contractually agreed upon time. This also properly instructs the lady that the gentleman's time is more imortant to him than she is.

"You are kind to her mother and respectful to her father if you meet them."

While it would be preferable to avoid meeting her family members, one must not give them a reason to jump on horses and chase you down with a shotgun if the unpleasant does happen.

--hide--

charming...

07/07/2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Raymond, I could not disagree more. This is exactly what most women want.
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Raymond, I could not disagree more. This is exactly what most women want.

--hide--

Actually,. I could not disagree more with your disagreeance( that a word??) I too feel it's outdated for women today. Not ALL women want this. I have had numerous time where I opened a door for a woman, only for her to look at me in disgust for doing it. Still others will feel like a little child if not able to tell the waiter what she would like.I don't feel like this is something for the women of today. Sorry ladies,.. but the feminism era really screwed things up not only for us guys, but for you women too.

07/07/2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Here's a really to the point, practical article on the art of being the kind of gentleman that gi...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Here's a really to the point, practical article on the art of being the kind of gentleman that girls will respond to. Sound advice, no matter how old we may be:

--hide--
Great article, Pat ... thank you for sharing this thumbsup clap

07/07/2012 new

(Quote) Raymond-614191 said: Nice article but, possibly a bit outdated for most women of today.
(Quote) Raymond-614191 said:

--hide--
I don't agree, Raymond ... I know plenty of women who appreciate the kindness, manners, and respect that a gentleman shows them and myself.

You've obviously not been meeting the right kind of women.

God bless and keep you! Dove

07/07/2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: (Quote) Raymond-614191 said: (Quote) Pat-5351 said:
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Quote:
Raymond-614191 said:

Quote:
Pat-5351 said:

NOT AT all outdated. Not at all.

--hide--
I agree with you, Marian ... it's not outdated at all! heart

07/07/2012 new

I've frequently heard the "gentleman" in this article described as a stalker or possessive. Some women might like this man. Other files a restraining order where I am from. In the northeast, they would probably just think you are gay.

07/07/2012 new

I've frequently heard the "gentleman" in this article described as a stalker or possessive. Some women might like this kind of man. Others might file a restraining order - where I am from. In the northeast, they would probably just think you are gay. Of course, in the northeast, there aren't that many woman of high morals.

Posts 11 - 20 of 139