Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

07/07/2012 new

I'm going to disagree with Ray, Patrick, and Brian and say that I believe a lot of women nowadays would like these "chivalrous" behaviors exhibited on a date. I mean, I hear what you're saying and have seen negative reactions to such gestures on a date, but then again it's like the author mentioned, that maybe she's not the one to be dating. I know for myself looking in retrospect that I'm glad the one relationship did not go any further. In the end, she was using me to get back at her ex-boyfriend who she dated again after he cheated on her. The proof is in the pudding. I know it's discouraging to have a woman she anger/displeasure when such loving gestures are shown, but don't let that turn your heart. The devil wants us to be mad, angry, full of resentment and ready to retaliate. That is not the way of love and we shall find true love when we turn our hearts to God, learn to forgive, ask for forgiveness and seek the kingdom. Besides, there are a ton of women on CM that would love to date a man who treats her like a daughter of God.

07/07/2012 new

Good article, Pat. Thanks for sharing. I'd say it's right on target. biggrin

07/07/2012 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: I'm going to disagree with Ray, Patrick, and Brian and say that I believe a lot of women nowada...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

I'm going to disagree with Ray, Patrick, and Brian and say that I believe a lot of women nowadays would like these "chivalrous" behaviors exhibited on a date. I mean, I hear what you're saying and have seen negative reactions to such gestures on a date, but then again it's like the author mentioned, that maybe she's not the one to be dating. I know for myself looking in retrospect that I'm glad the one relationship did not go any further. In the end, she was using me to get back at her ex-boyfriend who she dated again after he cheated on her. The proof is in the pudding. I know it's discouraging to have a woman she anger/displeasure when such loving gestures are shown, but don't let that turn your heart. The devil wants us to be mad, angry, full of resentment and ready to retaliate. That is not the way of love and we shall find true love when we turn our hearts to God, learn to forgive, ask for forgiveness and seek the kingdom. Besides, there are a ton of women on CM that would love to date a man who treats her like a daughter of God.

--hide--

What Dan says above is true. We only have control over our reaction to things. Why let it change your heart to angry and then generalize about all women? (or all men) Only the enemy wants us to be and live in an angry way toward one another.

07/07/2012 new

A woman who wants respect and proper attention is outdated? Or guys that gives it is outdated? Then call me medieval! knight-errant heartbeat princess

07/07/2012 new

Beautiful article ...thanks for sharing, Pat

07/07/2012 new

(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: I don't agree, Raymond ... I know plenty of women who appreciate the kindness, manners, an...
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said:

I don't agree, Raymond ... I know plenty of women who appreciate the kindness, manners, and respect that a gentleman shows them and myself.

You've obviously not been meeting the right kind of women.

God bless and keep you!

--hide--

I have to say, I consider the bolded sentence rather insulting to my female friends.

07/07/2012 new

There are some issues with the article I'd like to take accept ion to.

You ask which movie she would like to see, or which activity she might enjoy. Put some thought into the options. They need not be expensive.

I can NEVER get a woman to tell me what she wants to see or where she wants to eat. Now, if I choose incorrectly she will TELL me she didn't like it. I've concluded that to have a successful date, I need to be clairvoyant. Define expensive. My experience is the first date better be expensive or there probably won't be a second. She wants to know if you can afford her.

You do not pry into her private matters or ask intimate questions prematurely. For example, you do not ask, "Who did you vote for in the last election?" "Are you a Democrat or Republican?" "How much did that cost?", "Are your parents divorced?" or anything that might make her feel uncomfortable or that is none of your business at this early stage of courtship.

What?? This is exactly what I want to know BEFORE I ask her out. If she voted for Obama, we just ain't gonna cut it. Sorry. And, if she is divorced, it is nice to know if she is in the process of getting an annulment. I mean really, it is even listed on our profiles here.

Look for a woman who isn't high maintenance.

If you date spoiled, demanding girls, chances are you will marry one. If you marry a spoiled, demanding girl, you will inherit her father's problems. Spoiled, demanding girls can be very cute, but they increase headaches and can lead to years of heartache and misery. Choose a girl who will 'go with the flow' and has an appreciation for things in life.

Great advice if you can find a low maintenance woman. On one hand, this is kind of misogynistic. To be a good gentleman, we are now rating women. Of course, every woman has seen the movie "When Harry Met Sally." The thing about high maintenance women is that they don't think they are high maintenance. I've never known a woman to "go along with the flow." Actually, if I am going along with the flow, she HAS to instruct what I'm doing wrong.

I hope every woman who reads this accepts this humor in which it was given. If not, you must be high mainenance. laughing

07/07/2012 new

I especially like: "A quality woman will bring out the best in a man. She will hold him to high standards. She will value herself, and she will value you. Look for this type of woman and don't settle."

Again, thank you for sharing this Pat! hug

07/07/2012 new
(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Here's a really to the point, practical article on the art of being the kind of gentleman that girls will respo...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Here's a really to the point, practical article on the art of being the kind of gentleman that girls will respond to. Sound advice, no matter how old we may be:

www.catholiceducation.org

--hide--

Excellent list. Thanks for posting! clap
07/07/2012 new

I would definitely want to know if she voted for Obama. If she did, she's either a Planned Parenthood supporter, or woefully uninformed.

Posts 21 - 30 of 139