Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

07/07/2012 new

(Quote) Raymond-614191 said: (Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: I don't agree, Raymond ... I know plen...
(Quote) Raymond-614191 said:

Quote:
MaryAlice-97161 said:

I don't agree, Raymond ... I know plenty of women who appreciate the kindness, manners, and respect that a gentleman shows them and myself.

You've obviously not been meeting the right kind of women.

God bless and keep you!

I have to say, I consider the bolded sentence rather insulting to my female friends.

--hide--

I think there is no reason to use laser like focus on such a detail and then over react to it when the rest of the article is there to explain it. I saw it too but read the rest of the article.

07/07/2012 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: I'm going to disagree with Ray, Patrick, and Brian and say that I believe a lot of women nowada...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

I'm going to disagree with Ray, Patrick, and Brian and say that I believe a lot of women nowadays would like these "chivalrous" behaviors exhibited on a date. I mean, I hear what you're saying and have seen negative reactions to such gestures on a date, but then again it's like the author mentioned, that maybe she's not the one to be dating. I know for myself looking in retrospect that I'm glad the one relationship did not go any further. In the end, she was using me to get back at her ex-boyfriend who she dated again after he cheated on her. The proof is in the pudding. I know it's discouraging to have a woman she anger/displeasure when such loving gestures are shown, but don't let that turn your heart. The devil wants us to be mad, angry, full of resentment and ready to retaliate. That is not the way of love and we shall find true love when we turn our hearts to God, learn to forgive, ask for forgiveness and seek the kingdom. Besides, there are a ton of women on CM that would love to date a man who treats her like a daughter of God.

--hide--
Very well stated, Dan ... you're right, and I agree with you!

Chivalry and gallantry are welcome character traits in my book! God bless and keep you!

knight-errant princess heart heartbeat rose

07/07/2012 new

(Quote) Matt-61677 said: A woman who wants respect and proper attention is outdated? Or guys that gives it is outdated? Then...
(Quote) Matt-61677 said:

A woman who wants respect and proper attention is outdated? Or guys that gives it is outdated? Then call me medieval!

--hide--
Thank you, Matt ...

07/07/2012 new

(Quote) Raymond-614191 said: (Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: I don't agree, Raymond ... I know plen...
(Quote) Raymond-614191 said:

Quote:
MaryAlice-97161 said:

I don't agree, Raymond ... I know plenty of women who appreciate the kindness, manners, and respect that a gentleman shows them and myself.

You've obviously not been meeting the right kind of women.

God bless and keep you!

I have to say, I consider the bolded sentence rather insulting to my female friends.

--hide--

My deepest apologies ...

All the best to you and your female friends, Raymond! Dove

07/07/2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Here's a really to the point, practical article on the art of being the kind of gentleman that gi...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Here's a really to the point, practical article on the art of being the kind of gentleman that girls will respond to. Sound advice, no matter how old we may be:

www.catholiceducation.org

--hide--

Good article, Pat. An affirmation that traditional values have not died. We should all try to live up to this standard.

07/07/2012 new
Some of you are picking on that article, seriously? It's a bull's eye! On the mark, even refreshing. In this world of ours today, we've slacked off and grown lazy in so many ways.
07/07/2012 new

Sometimes, if we pull into a gas station, I even make a slight (barely perceptible) move toward the door as if I am going to get out and pump the gas. And, of course, after she's finished filling the tank I give her a short "well done!" grunt and then open another beer.

Chivalry is not dead!

07/07/2012 new

(Quote) Gerald-283546 said: Good article, Pat. An affirmation that traditional values have not died. We should all t...
(Quote) Gerald-283546 said:

Good article, Pat. An affirmation that traditional values have not died. We should all try to live up to this standard.

--hide--

Agreed, Gerald .... thank you!

07/07/2012 new

(Quote) Edward-512961 said: Some of you are picking on that article, seriously? It's a bull's eye! On the mark, even refres...
(Quote) Edward-512961 said: Some of you are picking on that article, seriously? It's a bull's eye! On the mark, even refreshing. In this world of ours today, we've slacked off and grown lazy in so many ways.
--hide--

Agreed, Edward ... very true!

07/07/2012 new

(Quote) Larry-874228 said: Sometimes, if we pull into a gas station, I even make a slight (barely perceptible) move toward t...
(Quote) Larry-874228 said:

Sometimes, if we pull into a gas station, I even make a slight (barely perceptible) move toward the door as if I am going to get out and pump the gas. And, of course, after she's finished filling the tank I give her a short "well done!" grunt and then open another beer.

Chivalry is not dead!

--hide--

rolling eyes

Posts 31 - 40 of 139