Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

07/07/2012 new

Regarding women (I won't say ladies) who react with hostility to an act of chivalry:

Remember that a gentleman never embarrasses anyone, intentionally, in public. So, if you find out that she does not respond pleasantly to gestures of gallantry, as is so common in our Feminist age, stop doing them for her in particular and go with the flow. No point in intentionally irritating her.

Then, as the article says, reassess whether she is really the right one for marriage (as opposed to partnership).
knight-errant

07/07/2012 new

Well, for us guys all woman are "high maintenance"; some are just higher maintenace than others (At least ladies are.) That's actually one reason why gentlemen like them! wink

Of course if a gent is trying his hardest but is having trouble reading & guiding the lady (it happens!) ladies should at least cut him some slack and give him some help so he can get back to giving a quality lead!

07/07/2012 new

(Quote) Gerald-283546 said: Regarding women (I won't say ladies) who react with hostility to an act of chivalry:
(Quote) Gerald-283546 said:

Regarding women (I won't say ladies) who react with hostility to an act of chivalry:

Remember that a gentleman never embarrasses anyone, intentionally, in public. So, if you find out that she does not respond pleasantly to gestures of gallantry, as is so common in our Feminist age, stop doing them for her in particular and go with the flow. No point in intentionally irritating her.

Then, as the article says, reassess whether she is really the right one for marriage (as opposed to partnership).

--hide--

Gerald, Thank you for your positive comments regarding this article. It helps when men step forward to see the sutleties of such an article and not just see it in a negative light.

07/07/2012 new

(Quote) Matt-61677 said: Well, for us guys all woman are "high maintenance"; some are just higher mainten...
(Quote) Matt-61677 said:

Well, for us guys all woman are "high maintenance"; some are just higher maintenace than others (At least ladies are.) That's actually one reason why gentlemen like them!

Of course if a gent is trying his hardest but is having trouble reading & guiding the lady (it happens!) ladies should at least cut him some slack and give him some help so he can get back to giving a quality lead!

--hide--

Matt Thank you for your cvomments on this article and in general here. It helps a lot to read your positive outlook and comments.

07/07/2012 new

Absolutely agree with this article and by the way does anyone know where to find a man who lives by mom's tips? Praying

07/07/2012 new

(Quote) Edward-512961 said: Some of you are picking on that article, seriously? It's a bull's eye! On the mark, even refres...
(Quote) Edward-512961 said: Some of you are picking on that article, seriously? It's a bull's eye! On the mark, even refreshing. In this world of ours today, we've slacked off and grown lazy in so many ways.
--hide--

Edward, Thank you so much for your comments on the article and positive post here!
I know I appreciate it!

07/07/2012 new

(Quote) Gerald-283546 said: Regarding women (I won't say ladies) who react with hostility to an act of chivalry:

--hide--
Thank you, Gerald ... true dat!

knight-errant princess heart heartbeat rose

07/07/2012 new

--hide--

I have no idea why any woman would react toward any man with hostility for employing gestures of chivalry toward her. Chivalry is based on being polite and civil in each other's presence and being willing to go a little further toward making the other comfortable. It reflects an attitude of service which would enhance any male/female relationship.

Women who appreciate these gestures, do not understand why other women do not, generally. We don't agree with those woman who can be hostile about these matters. We want to see a return to more politeness and manners as well as shows of consideration and service toward those we love.

Those of us who feel called to marriage feel a sense of vocation and this includes wanting to serve the other. This behavior starts during dating and courtship is not just turned on like a switch after the marriage ceremony. Both partners can show this attitude of respect and love.

I do not understand why the men here are disagreeing with the article. I suggest to the men who disagree with the article to seriously do some self examination about your attitude about women. If you find you are angry toward women, then step back from dating and give us a break. maybe you need to let go of your anger which you seem to be unable to release. It is work that only you can do for yourself. No one can take away your anger but it is between you and God to deal with it directly.

This post is not directed at you Gerald. Gerald has always been a gentleman and I am posting to his post because he has consistently demonstrated this gentlemanly behavior toward the women in the forums.

Men who take issue with the article please please assess what is making you disagree. If you have anger toward women, than please talk to someone seriously about it because it will not help you find and secure a bride. No one wants to date or marry a man who displays anger at women in such a sweeping manner.

07/07/2012 new

(Quote) Matt-61677 said: Well, for us guys all woman are "high maintenance"; some are just higher mainten...
(Quote) Matt-61677 said:

Well, for us guys all woman are "high maintenance"; some are just higher maintenace than others (At least ladies are.) That's actually one reason why gentlemen like them!

--hide--
Thank you, knight-errant Matt, for your comments ... I appreciate them.

knight-errant princess heart heartbeat rose

07/07/2012 new
I am a modern woman and I find nothing wrong with the article. It's all about manners, not traditional values. I find nothing offensive about opening the door, and don't know many people offended by it. I even hold the door when I walk into places. The only one I do find weird is the guy ordering for me and that would be a turn off (especially if he ordered dinner without asking me what I wanted).
Posts 41 - 50 of 139