Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share
Topics from forums which did not have at least 2 new topics per month for the past 6 months are archived here.

To avoid shock and awe...

06/23/2012 new

when a young man visits my profile and discovers how old I really am....Any way to have our age pop up with our name and member number when someone puts their cursor over our photo?

I get a lot of views from younger men...which I'm not complaining abut - LOL. But, because they absolutely never send me a message or an emote, I'm pretty sure that they're reaction when they see my age is not "Oh. Look. She's only 55." I think....well, I think it's a much different reaction and we'll leave it at that. I'd like to spare them that if possible.

06/23/2012 new

Amen, sister! Great idea, Laurie...it is nice to know I am not alone in my thinking! wave

Awe could be cool...but the combo...shock and awe?... that can fast become ambulance calls for some of those young whipper-snappers!!! faint laughing

06/25/2012 new

(Quote) Laurie-523231 said: when a young man visits my profile and discovers how old I really am....Any way to have our age ...
(Quote) Laurie-523231 said:

when a young man visits my profile and discovers how old I really am....Any way to have our age pop up with our name and member number when someone puts their cursor over our photo?

I get a lot of views from younger men...which I'm not complaining abut - LOL. But, because they absolutely never send me a message or an emote, I'm pretty sure that they're reaction when they see my age is not "Oh. Look. She's only 55." I think....well, I think it's a much different reaction and we'll leave it at that. I'd like to spare them that if possible.

--hide--

Well that's no fun Laurie. You'll remove my chance to get a chuckle!!! eyebrow laughing So many times I have looked at someone's age who has viewed me and have had that "Good Lord" moment myself when I see they are my sons' age. Then that's when I chuckle at what they must have been thinking to themselves. laughing scratchchin

Then again, I say the same thing, "Good Lord", when I notice someone my dad's age has viewed me too. wide eyed Talk about shock. Leaves me pondering about what is going on in these men's heads when I have anywhere from 20-somethings and almost 80-somethings viewing me. But I don't bust a blood vessel thinking to hard about it. laughing

flower

06/30/2012 new

I suppose that this happens a lot because a member clicks on an interesting photo on the "Home" page of the web site. No ages are listed on the home page and the portrait photos of someone may be rather small... so not necessarily easy to judge the age. Also, there are the scrap book photos on the home page. I may click on the photos that I find interesting, but there may be no way of knowing (at the time) anything about the person who posted the photo. Often it may be a photo of two women of considerably different ages (mother & daughter; aunt & niece).... Which is the CM member? Some scrap book photos are of interesting scenery and some of large family photos. One may only find out about the person and their age after they have clicked on the profile. Sometimes it is just interesting to find out more about a person because they made an interesting comment in the forums.

I just take it as a compliment that someone found something interesting about my photos, forum comments... or whatever, that they decided to check out the rest of my profile. I see no reason to be creeped-out by someone of considerably different age clicking on my profile. From my point of view, I don't think that the women should assign any creep-factor to this either. Perhaps be more concerned if/when nobody clicks on your profile.... ever. That is a real problem.

Just my thoughts.

Ed

07/11/2012 new

(Quote) Laurie-523231 said: when a young man visits my profile and discovers how old I really am....Any way to have our age ...
(Quote) Laurie-523231 said:

--hide--
The answers and comments in the forum entice me to look at a lot of profiles. Just to see their position on such things as politics and interests. It is not always possible to understand a comment without understanding the person who made it. The profile helps in that regard.

Posts 1 - 5 of 5