Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

07/12/2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Ok. Here's one about being alone and is actually country. lol Sittin' On The Front Porch ...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Ok. Here's one about being alone and is actually country. lol

Sittin' On The Front Porch Swing - www.youtube.com
--hide--

Really....makes me want to sing the chorus with them...I'm glad you found it cause I don't think I remember hearing it before.

07/12/2012 new
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Yea...back to the country....
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

Yea...back to the country....

--hide--
Now that we've already deviated and went to the UK and Korea...lol...back to country

So many great country ballads. Here's another one of my favorites.

The Keeper of the Stars - Tracy Byrd www.youtube.com
07/12/2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Now that we've already deviated and went to the UK and Korea...lol...back to country So many ...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Now that we've already deviated and went to the UK and Korea...lol...back to country

So many great country ballads. Here's another one of my favorites.

The Keeper of the Stars - Tracy Byrd www.youtube.com
--hide--

I love it! You sure know a lot of good ones! He is singing about his family and thanking God, the keeper of the stars, for them...right?

07/12/2012 new

Live Like You Were Dying - Tim McGraw

youtu.be

07/12/2012 new
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: I love it! You sure know a lot of good ones! He is singing about his family and thanking God,...

I love it! You sure know a lot of good ones! He is singing about his family and thanking God, the keeper of the stars, for them...right?

--hide--
If you spend the (shameful) number of hours we've spent in the music room, you'll know just as many. lol

If I spent that many hours in front of a piano...well, painful thought...I'd have lots of pieces mastered by now.

As for the song, I always believed he was referencing his girlfriend or wife, not a family. Looked it up. "The song is a ballad in which the singer addresses his lover, telling her that a third party must have been responsible for bringing them together. Specifically, that third party is defined as being "the keeper of the stars" (i.e., God)." en.wikipedia.org
07/12/2012 new

(Quote) Deborah-550454 said: Live Like You Were Dying - Tim McGrawyoutu.be
(Quote) Deborah-550454 said:

Live Like You Were Dying - Tim McGraw

youtu.be

--hide--

Wow this is really good at making you think!!!!!!

07/13/2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: If you spend the (shameful) number of hours we've spent in the music room, you'll know just as ma...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: If you spend the (shameful) number of hours we've spent in the music room, you'll know just as many. lol

If I spent that many hours in front of a piano...well, painful thought...I'd have lots of pieces mastered by now.

As for the song, I always believed he was referencing his girlfriend or wife, not a family. Looked it up. "The song is a ballad in which the singer addresses his lover, telling her that a third party must have been responsible for bringing them together. Specifically, that third party is defined as being "the keeper of the stars" (i.e., God)." en.wikipedia.org
--hide--

Yes, I think you are right....I think it shows the kids to show what blessings the relationship brought him too. I don't spend that much time on utube, but I think it would be really fun if everyone were around closer and we could have a social sharing these songs and discussing them over some refreshments.

07/13/2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Wow this is really good at making you think!!!!!!

Wow this is really good at making you think!!!!!!

--hide--

Oh it is! I think about it more the older I get....not to have adventures so much but to live life more fully now....before I'm in the rockin' chair.

lil mikie

07/13/2012 new

If Tomorrow Never Comes - Garth Brooks
youtu.be

07/13/2012 new

(Quote) Deborah-550454 said: If Tomorrow Never Comes - Garth Brooksyoutu.be
(Quote) Deborah-550454 said:

If Tomorrow Never Comes - Garth Brooks
youtu.be

--hide--

I remember hearing this on the radio back in the spring of 2000 .... as I was leaving a memorial service for George B., who was a huge supporter of my diocese's Handicapped Encounter Christ Rolling Along program. (This was in the evening, the funeral Mass was earlier in the day.) I thought it was rather timely. And I lost my own dad a little more than a year later.

Posts 21 - 30 of 117