Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

07/15/2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: ..with less hesitation than someone who had a horrible marital experience and was hurt dee...
(Quote) John-666618 said:

..with less hesitation than someone who had a horrible marital experience and was hurt deeply...their last memory of marriage was losing a loved one and not a protracted court battle with the ensuing emotional turmoil of filling out annullment papers.

--hide--

Hi, John! I see your attempt to understand widowhood as distinct from divorced states of life, and I applaud your conclusion... I also hear your pain...just to let you know I can personally check off lots of boxes! I, a widow now, was ALSO hurt deeply through divorce after 15 years of a first marriage, and I also had the emotional turmoil of filling out annullment papers!

BUT here's the Good News, everyone wave ....after that...in the new love... I was blessed for 20 years...We all might not yet recognize that man or woman right now...God can open our eyes and our hearts....someone utterly NEW from God!...not like our loved one deceased, nor the ex hubby/wife! CM is an opportunity....I stepped out as you did...no guarantees...just an opportunity...who knows?...not us...but God is listening to these posts! He likes LDR :) So, I think divorced, annulled, and widowed...over the age of 45 or under...we are in the right place...Together in community! right? We'll learn :)

07/15/2012 new

Yes, Patricia ... I would like to marry again ... I have a lot of love to share with a man ... heart

07/15/2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: Donna, I'm going to take a stab at a reason that the widows and widowers may have been...
(Quote) John-666618 said:

Donna, I'm going to take a stab at a reason that the widows and widowers may have been able to find a match sooner than us divorced and annulled people. Nothing scientific, mind you, but just a hunch. Their marrriages were good and they are more open to another wonderful match, and proceed with less hesitation than someone who had a horrible marital experience and was hurt deeply. Sure, they may be hesitant to date at first since they lost "the live of their life". But once they are sure they want to date again, their last memory of marriage was losing a loved one and not a protracted court battle with the ensuing emotional turmoil of filling out annullment papers. I could be way off base, but it makes sense to me. Does that make sense to anyone else?

--hide--

Yes, John ... this makes sense to me, too .... it's something that I've thought was the situation for a long while.

07/15/2012 new

(Quote) Barbara-863769 said: Hi, John! I see your attempt to understand widowhood as distinct from divorced states ...
(Quote) Barbara-863769 said:

Hi, John! I see your attempt to understand widowhood as distinct from divorced states of life, and I applaud your conclusion... I also hear your pain...just to let you know I can personally check off lots of boxes! I, a widow now, was ALSO hurt deeply through divorce after 15 years of a first marriage, and I also had the emotional turmoil of filling out annullment papers!

BUT here's the Good News, everyone ....after that...in the new love... I was blessed for 20 years...We all might not yet recognize that man or woman right now...God can open our eyes and our hearts....someone utterly NEW from God!...not like our loved one deceased, nor the ex hubby/wife! CM is an opportunity....I stepped out as you did...no guarantees...just an opportunity...who knows?...not us...but God is listening to these posts! He likes LDR :) So, I think divorced, annulled, and widowed...over the age of 45 or under...we are in the right place...Together in community! right? We'll learn :)

--hide--

Very lovely "Good News," Barbara ... thank you for helping to restore my hope! heart hug rose rose rose

07/15/2012 new

Well I will be off this CM site on Aug.1st, and I think I have found someone, but, as I have shared with him, my special circumstances are that I cannot get married for several years at least till my kids are up and out, and then honestly, I was very fortunate in my divorce settlement that the judge and God took care of me and if I were to remarry I would lose my financial stability that I do need to support my household, so, I am not willing to risk that, or my assets and security at this age and stage of my life. So for me it would probably just be a companion in the years to come with each of us in our own respective dwellings, I would rather not mix up my stuff with someone else and keep it separate, because as you know statistics show that second marriages have a higher divorce rate and at this stage I could not afford another divorce, unless there was a prenup I guess or some other idea, but i just would'nt want to go thru another divorce again though. So for me, I do not think marriage would work due to many complications. That's the way it goes for me, and I we women have to protect ourselves.

07/15/2012 new

Yes, Mary Alice, I love Good News!!!!!!! clap goldfish

07/15/2012 new

(Quote) Yazmin-746121 said: Well I will be off this CM site on Aug.1st, and I think I have found someone, but, as I have sha...
(Quote) Yazmin-746121 said:

Well I will be off this CM site on Aug.1st, and I think I have found someone, but, as I have shared with him, my special circumstances are that I cannot get married for several years at least till my kids are up and out, and then honestly, I was very fortunate in my divorce settlement that the judge and God took care of me and if I were to remarry I would lose my financial stability that I do need to support my household, so, I am not willing to risk that, or my assets and security at this age and stage of my life. So for me it would probably just be a companion in the years to come with each of us in our own respective dwellings, I would rather not mix up my stuff with someone else and keep it separate, because as you know statistics show that second marriages have a higher divorce rate and at this stage I could not afford another divorce, unless there was a prenup I guess or some other idea, but i just would'nt want to go thru another divorce again though. So for me, I do not think marriage would work due to many complications. That's the way it goes for me, and I we women have to protect ourselves.

--hide--

I'm happy for you, Yazmin, but amazed that you found someone who is willing to be only a companion for years. He must be the exception to the rule, because in my past experience, men are not looking for just a companion (unless they are busy raising children). Did you find him on CM or somewhere else? (just curious).

07/15/2012 new

So far, I haven't found that the men on this site are jumping at the chance to talk with me, or even just send a short message. I don't know why. Maybe they are feeling like me - a little unsure of myself.

Having once been married, albeit a long time ago, I want to make sure I don't make the same mistakes, as far a choosing a mate. I want to be happier, if and when there is a next time. I definitely would love to share my Catholic faith in a solid marriage. That would be awesome. I have a hard time believing it will happen, but, who knows ? God is good, so I'll try to be patient and take it one step at a time.

I think the men need to know it's OK to send a short message or chat. It doesn't mean we're getting married !

07/15/2012 new

(Quote) Barbara-863769 said: Hi, John! I see your attempt to understand widowhood as distinct from divorced states ...
(Quote) Barbara-863769 said:

BUT here's the Good News, everyone ....after that...in the new love... I was blessed for 20 years...We all might not yet recognize that man or woman right now...God can open our eyes and our hearts....someone utterly NEW from God!...not like our loved one deceased, nor the ex hubby/wife! CM is an opportunity....I stepped out as you did...no guarantees...just an opportunity...who knows?...not us...but God is listening to these posts! He likes LDR :) So, I think divorced, annulled, and widowed...over the age of 45 or under...we are in the right place...Together in community! right? We'll learn :)

--hide--

Barbara my dear.. I appreciate your enthusiasm after a couple of months here.. But I've been here almost 8 years, some even longer.. I'm just not seeing him here.. But I have no interest in looking elsewhere either..So I remain in limbo.. boggled

07/15/2012 new

Yes this is why I am here to find a loving Catholic spouse Praying

Posts 21 - 30 of 200