Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

07/20/2012 new
(Quote) Patrick-235584 said: The problem Dan, is that, well, at least for me,.. the so called "women" don't app...
(Quote) Patrick-235584 said:

The problem Dan, is that, well, at least for me,.. the so called "women" don't appreciate the good things a gentleman does for them. Eventually, we just get tired of trying to be gents. Alot of times I don't call them (at least the one's around here) women, I consider them all little girls. Because they haven't grown up yet. But that's just me coming from my end of the world.

--hide--
I think that's all the more reason to be a gentleman to every woman. It's a good warning sign for possible problems with future friendship/relationship if they are unappreciative.
07/20/2012 new
(Quote) Dan-854185 said: Am I the only one who is a bit disappointed that "be a gentleman" is considered some kind of earth-shat...
(Quote) Dan-854185 said:

Am I the only one who is a bit disappointed that "be a gentleman" is considered some kind of earth-shattering advice for what a guy should do on a date/ when looking for a prospective mate?

I just find it sad that it's not more of a norm, I guess.

--hide--

They say common sense isn't common anymore. I tend to agree...
07/20/2012 new

(Quote) Jim-624621 said: Dawn, It has been my experience that love is a giving thing. Whatever you g...
(Quote) Jim-624621 said:

Dawn,

It has been my experience that love is a giving thing. Whatever you get back is lagniappe. We don't love to get back, we love for love's sake.

For those of you who don't know our language down here in New Orleans, lagniappe means a little something extra.

--hide--

Jim - one of the first words I learned when I was living in New Iberia. It should be used more frequently everywhere!!! Thanks for the reminder.

07/20/2012 new

(Quote) Bobbie-557829 said: I have never thought that a relationship should be 50/50.Sometimes it might be 80/20,70/30. As ...
(Quote) Bobbie-557829 said: I have never thought that a relationship should be 50/50.Sometimes it might be 80/20,70/30.

As long there is mutual respect for one another I myself don't do the numbers game.
--hide--

I've never been in a 50/50 relationship. When you truly love someone, be it friend, spouse, child you give everything you have and you really have thought to what you'll get. When you are given somthing without having an expectation of anything, it's like a mini-Christmas it's so very special.

07/20/2012 new

(Quote) Patrick-235584 said: (Quote) Dan-854185 said: Am I the only one who is a bit disappointed tha...
(Quote) Patrick-235584 said:

Quote:
Dan-854185 said:

Am I the only one who is a bit disappointed that "be a gentleman" is considered some kind of earth-shattering advice for what a guy should do on a date/ when looking for a prospective mate?

I just find it sad that it's not more of a norm, I guess.

The problem Dan, is that, well, at least for me,.. the so called "women" don't appreciate the good things a gentleman does for them. Eventually, we just get tired of trying to be gents. Alot of times I don't call them (at least the one's around here) women, I consider them all little girls. Because they haven't grown up yet. But that's just me coming from my end of the world.

--hide--

Dan, I think it used to be more of a norm. I am not sure who these women are who do not appreciate it. I have notice younger women I teach having some problems regarding manners but I can't figure out what it is as social a trend... There is evidently something wrong with these women.

Patrick,
I hope you deal with your inner self regarding your past bad experiences because you have been wasting precious time being chronically angry at these women. Your approach needs to be changed.

Anger that keeps hanging on and hanging around like a fruitfly or multiplying with other insects and bugs, and festering is not going to help you, if you desire to meet, falli in love and marry a woman.
Women run from anger faster than you can imagine. Maybe some self examination would help your cause or your real goal. Take some time and consider some humility even. Kindness and gentleness go a long way.

And your comment to Robert after my comment to him "Don't bother.."
It is Not helpful Patrick.

I think you SERIOUSLY need to do some self reflection uless you just want to use CM to blow off steam all of the time. Steam meaning anger... cloud :fluffy Try creating some cheerfulnessaround you that does nto bring anger with you..

Again Women run from anger. Not attractive.

07/20/2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Here's a really to the point, practical article on the art of being the kind of gentleman that gi...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Here's a really to the point, practical article on the art of being the kind of gentleman that girls will respond to. Sound advice, no matter how old we may be:

www.catholiceducation.org

--hide--

Thanks Pat. I go with the majority on this one. I do agree with the money issue. Dates don't have to be dinner and dancing. There are so, so many really fun things to do that will create greater memories AND have little or no cost. Everything else, stands as is. Does this make me 'dated' or some other term? Probably so. Do I care? Absolutely not!! I'm a traditional type of girl. While I have always worked, done my share, I have no issues with 'obey' in the ceremony, or several other things that many feminist thinks is very important.

What some of the younger women here fail to realize is that feminism is about having the right to make choices, and the choice to live in a traditional relationship is a valid, appropriate choice for some women today.

07/26/2012 new
(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Here's a really to the point, practical article on the art of being the kind of gentleman that girls will respo...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Here's a really to the point, practical article on the art of being the kind of gentleman that girls will respond to. Sound advice, no matter how old we may be:

--hide--

Sorry Chicago is so far away from NJ...so just let you know I agree with you ....As a result, i amy appoint you as one of my guardian angels
07/27/2012 new

(Quote) Jim-397948 said: (Quote) Pat-5351 said: Here's a really to the point, practical article on the a...
(Quote) Jim-397948 said:
Quote:
Pat-5351 said:

It's not that far...WAIT A MINUTE.....It is not Far! note WAIT a moment.......It is a hop skip and a jump away! note

Sorry Chicago is so far away from NJ...so just let you know I agree with you ....As a result, i amy appoint you as one of my guardian angels
--hide--

07/27/2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Here's a really to the point, practical article on the art of being the kind of gentleman that gi...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

--hide--
Would love to meet men that follow this? heart

Posts 131 - 139 of 139