Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

So here we are being on our pilgrimage on this earth, in this world, seeking eventually heaven to be with Him, our Creator, God, Jesus Christ, Holy Mary and all the Saints, family members, friends, … But what is HEAVEN for you? What does heaven look like? What are we doing there? How do you understand where we eventually go after our life here? Do children see heaven different than adults?

Is it where milk and honey flows in rivers? Doing sports without getting tired? Everlasting adoration? Eden – but what does it look like? I’ve been thinking about it and I must admit that I haven’t found the “right” answer yet. Of cause – it is where God is, God is Love … can we touch God?

So I like to ask all of you: what is heaven for you when we enter eternity…

Jul 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Andrea-850967 said: So here we are being on our pilgrimage on this earth, in this world, seeking eventually heaven t...
(Quote) Andrea-850967 said:

So here we are being on our pilgrimage on this earth, in this world, seeking eventually heaven to be with Him, our Creator, God, Jesus Christ, Holy Mary and all the Saints, family members, friends, … But what is HEAVEN for you? What does heaven look like? What are we doing there? How do you understand where we eventually go after our life here? Do children see heaven different than adults?

Is it where milk and honey flows in rivers? Doing sports without getting tired? Everlasting adoration? Eden – but what does it look like? I’ve been thinking about it and I must admit that I haven’t found the “right” answer yet. Of cause – it is where God is, God is Love … can we touch God?

--hide--

Andrea this is a topic that is on my mind a lot lately, more than ever before. But the one thought response that seems to follow that question is I just need to keep my mind on getting there first. I will find out when I enter that realm. Dove Right now I believe we are supposed to love the place He has put us on in the first place. Is not creation beautifull? angel

Jul 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Andrea-850967 said: So here we are being on our pilgrimage on this earth, in this world, seeking eventually heaven t...

--hide--
Home....

Jul 21st 2012 new

--hide--
My Presbyterian aunt told me once she envisioned Heaven as a great room.....with many doors. There are people of many faiths and denominations deserving of it's reward.

Jul 22nd 2012 new

Recently a friend of mine told me about the books Heaven is for real & The Shack which I both read. Many Saints were allowed a look into heaven like Don Bosco, Hildegard von Bingen etc. In 2 Cor. 12 ff St. Paulus talks about the third heaven– and well, there are many others who do.

Definitely heaven will be the place of everlasting peace, love, fulfillment, happiness, never going to miss anything again.

A friends little kid said: heaven is when I can eat sweets without getting bad teeth … ups scratchchin

Jul 22nd 2012 new

theheart
rosary

I'd like to know that heaven is just like living on God's beautiful earth; except no pain, no sorrow, no growing old, no unhappiness. Just living life as we do now but a peace, and love with the Holy Family.

Some say heaven is a spirit existance, where our souls are simply at peace for eternity.

rosary

Jul 22nd 2012 new
(Quote) Andrea-850967 said: Recently a friend of mine told me about the books Heaven is for real & The Shack which I...

Recently a friend of mine told me about the books Heaven is for real & The Shack which I both read. Many Saints were allowed a look into heaven like Don Bosco, Hildegard von Bingen etc. In 2 Cor. 12 ff St. Paulus talks about the third heaven– and well, there are many others who do.

Definitely heaven will be the place of everlasting peace, love, fulfillment, happiness, never going to miss anything again.

A friends little kid said: heaven is when I can eat sweets without getting bad teeth … ups

--hide--

I read Heaven is for Real in Feb 2011 while waiting on someone at the airport. And it was a deeply emotional book for me.

I like to think Heaven is the most comforting place I can imagine & then some.

Definitely heaven will be the place of everlasting peace, love, fulfillment, happiness, never going to miss anything again I agree it has to be a place of Peace, Love and happiness beyond anything I could imagine.
Jul 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Sandra-471894 said: I'd like to know that heaven is just like living on God's beautiful earth; ...
(Quote) Sandra-471894 said:

I'd like to know that heaven is just like living on God's beautiful earth; except no pain, no sorrow, no growing old, no unhappiness. Just living life as we do now but a peace, and love with the Holy Family.

Some say heaven is a spirit existance, where our souls are simply at peace for eternity.

--hide--
Beautifully said. I would only add we can eat anything there without gaining a pound! laughing

Jul 22nd 2012 new

I've always guessed that we are doing good up there, only we don't mess up all the time biggrin I think we will be doing God's will on earth....like we are here. Spreading love, and truth. But our love will be perfect and the truth we bear will be perfect. I know mine probably isn't perfect because in the past 15 years I've almost done a complete 180 on some of my beliefs......of course....I've evened out now. But I've had some really rough road. One of my best friends is about 64 and we relate(if that says much boggled ). But I have 50 some odd years ahead of me. Maybe I'll have a better idea of heaven when I become closer to it Praying

Jul 22nd 2012 new

Sandra, you might find it interesting that the Catholic church teaches we will be resurrected physically. I don't know what the teaching is on this, or even where the reasoning is there. I know the Pope John Paul II hated the spirituality(I found that out this year reading his book). He said the Catholic church is 100% physical. The two can't be separated. This is why premarital sex and other sexual sins are considered mortal and some of the worst sins you can commit. Pope Benedict goes further in Truth and Tolerance to talk about people who believe in Enlightenment and the potential danger to consider purely a spiritual side(an extremist could say then that we need not worry about people starving because spiritually they are okay, and likewise, it doesn't matter if I engage in sexual relations...it doesn't affect my soul). It's actually an immensly well thought out book but very very focused on language. Because it is translated from German and because he's talking about so specific an idea he must use specific theological language so no one can twist his words or misunderstand them.

Posts 1 - 10 of 34