Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Nice guys...

Jul 27th 2012 new

finish last?? True?? Thoughts?? scratchchin

Jul 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-57124 said: finish last?? True?? Thoughts??
(Quote) Cindy-57124 said:

finish last?? True?? Thoughts??

--hide--

Only if they believe that they will. I believe that really nice guys, the ones that I want to be friends with, put God first. When God is first, no one finishes last. Was this always true for me? Yeah, not so much. I was pretty foolish in my younger years! heart

Jul 27th 2012 new

--hide--
Bah, humbug, Cindy...... laughing

Jul 27th 2012 new

Maybe not last; they just do not finish first.

Jul 27th 2012 new

--hide--

All I can say is that hearing the words "You're such a nice guy" makes nice guys tremble with fear. I've had it used twice as excuses for women acting badly. One actually had the nerve to say "You are way too nice. It's so easy to abuse you. I can't help myself." And then asked where we were going for dinner on Saturday. I'll spare you the response she got, but it was not quite as nice as she was used to. shocked

Jul 27th 2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: All I can say is that hearing the words "You're such a nice guy" makes nice ...
(Quote) John-666618 said:

All I can say is that hearing the words "You're such a nice guy" makes nice guys tremble with fear.

--hide--

Help me out here, John - If you ARE a nice guy (person) and you don't want to hear it ~ what should a lady say? I believe in a sincere compliment, with no strings.

Jul 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Ginger-791603 said:Help me out here, John - If you ARE a nice guy (person) and you don't want to hear it ~ what sho...
(Quote) Ginger-791603 said:
Help me out here, John - If you ARE a nice guy (person) and you don't want to hear it ~ what should a lady say? I believe in a sincere compliment, with no strings.

--hide--

There is a difference between "Thank you so much for the great evening (day/date/whatever)" and "you are such a nice guy." It is almost like having someone asking a guy how his date was and having him describe the woman as "having a great personality."

Jul 27th 2012 new

And I am done now because anything else I can say can only get me in trouble. Guys? A little help here?

Jul 27th 2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: There is a difference between "Thank you so much for the great evening (day/date/what...

There is a difference between "Thank you so much for the great evening (day/date/whatever)" and "you are such a nice guy." It is almost like having someone asking a guy how his date was and having him describe the woman as "having a great personality."

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing A very good point. That would not be my favorite thing to hear. That's right up there with 'it's not you, it's me." tongue

Jul 27th 2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: And I am done now because anything else I can say can only get me in trouble. Guys? A little help ...

And I am done now because anything else I can say can only get me in trouble. Guys? A little help here?

--hide--

Thank You John!!! I got what you mean - now stay out of trouble!!! wink

Posts 1 - 10 of 200