Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

07/31/2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: My first husband and I did not have a good marriage, so let me get that out of the way.. But we ha...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

My first husband and I did not have a good marriage, so let me get that out of the way.. But we had three young kids 9, 6 and 5. He decided to get involved with the SIL of one of his co-workers and left us (not saying the marriage wouldn't have ended anyway) She made a lot of money as an upper level computer programmer and drove a sports car.. They married 4mos after our divorce was final and bought a house in a very nice area north of Indy. After their marriage ended 16 years later, he told our kids that the marriage had been very unhappy and he had, in fact, been sleeping in the guest room for 5 years.. You know what he lamented the most? The loss of his fancy address and the sporty car.. He left with the mini-van.. And because he was able to get a settlement from her and her 240K (401K) and a share of the house, he could buy a manufactured home in a mobile home community. Our kids were by now, adults, and they were flabbergasted that he would stay in a marriage where he was verbally abused just to keep his fancy address.. A couple of times when my daughter was showing sympathy for Dad's plight, I would simply say "He got what he wanted". She would say.."MOMMMMM"

--hide--
You and I have walked down the same path. Your ex and my ex are two peas in a pod, for sure. we can be good witness' to anyone who cares to listen.

07/31/2012 new
(Quote) Connie-17641 said: Yesterday I took a ride to the landfill park then wanted to see the boyscout camp and the seminole motel which ...
(Quote) Connie-17641 said:

Yesterday I took a ride to the landfill park then wanted to see the boyscout camp and the seminole motel which is hidden behind some trees on that road. Down the road and around the corner is my ex husband's house so I decided to drive past it. It's a well kept home out on a country road, and in a location where I wouldn't feel safe living in. Just now I had a thought cross my mind. why does Joel have a nice house, a wife and a dog? LOL (according to my daughter he's miserable---and yeah he has to walk that dog) LOL

--hide--

He had a better lawyer and accountant
07/31/2012 new

(Quote) Laura-56149 said: When I start this type of reflection I turn it around and Thank God I got out! and yet...
(Quote) Laura-56149 said:

When I start this type of reflection I turn it around and Thank God I got out! and yet it is the sadness of dreams lost

--hide--

It does hurt to know what could have been got lost due to selfishness.

07/31/2012 new

(Quote) Jim-397948 said: He had a better lawyer and accountant
(Quote) Jim-397948 said:

He had a better lawyer and accountant
--hide--

we were both in our early 20's when we divorced. Back then the child support was $35.00 a week. Can you imagaine that? forget the alimony. we had been renting a duplex so when I left him for good this time he rented another apt nearby. He didn't even get an attorney, he represented himself. 20 years later.....his story begins. He married a pharmacy tech then bought his home. So, that is why I say, he has a home, a wife and a dog.

07/31/2012 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: The same reason my x-wife is living in the house I paid for... Because, until all my kids are ou...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

The same reason my x-wife is living in the house I paid for... Because, until all my kids are out and securely on there own they need a place to call home.

--hide--
it's plain and simple, divorce is not all that glorious for either party

08/02/2012 new

--hide--

Please, Connie, no gloating .... pray for him .... he needs God's love and mercy.

And no, I never wonder why my life turned out as it has .... I am thankful to God in all He has given me, and in everything else He has spared me.

God bless and keep you, Connie, now and always Dove theheart

08/02/2012 new

(Quote) Connie-17641 said: thanks for your kind words

thanks for your kind words

--hide--

theheart Similar story here also.

We have as singles, a marriage partener of perfiect nature, always there for us, kind, strong, forgiving, and forever! Christ...........

I lean on Him so much, and in all things, even in unemployment, health issues, and yes the one that is elsewhere having a better life.

I know on my last breath it will all be worth it.

Even though it would be nice to have a spouse to grow old with.
rosary

08/02/2012 new

Thoughts of my ex-husband rarely even cross my mind. He is on my permanent prayer list but I don't mention him by name. May he be even happier than I am, provided that I'm as happy as God allows me to be. biggrin

08/02/2012 new

Although it is very hard to do be thankful that your life is as it is. Be thankful that you are no longer married. Be thankful for all your blessings and pray for your ex if you can. Just try to live your life as best you can and leave the rest to God.

08/02/2012 new

(Quote) Connie-17641 said: Yesterday I took a ride to the landfill park then wanted to see the boyscout camp and the seminol...

Yesterday I took a ride to the landfill park then wanted to see the boyscout camp and the seminole motel which is hidden behind some trees on that road. Down the road and around the corner is my ex husband's house so I decided to drive past it. It's a well kept home out on a country road, and in a location where I wouldn't feel safe living in. Just now I had a thought cross my mind. why does Joel have a nice house, a wife and a dog? LOL (according to my daughter he's miserable---and yeah he has to walk that dog) LOL

--hide--
But does he have a peaceful mind and wholesome soul? And...is he truly contented with what he has???

Posts 11 - 20 of 30