Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

How soon should you........

Aug 3rd 2012 new

I was just wondering how soon do you think you should go from sending messages to talking on the phone? If you were communicating through messages here how soon should you then go to talking on the phone? Is there a certain amount of messages you should send before you jump to the phone? If after 4 messages exchanged for example someone wants to talk to you on the phone should you wait or go for it? What do you think?

Aug 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-730470 said: I was just wondering how soon do you think you should go from sending messages to talking on the...
(Quote) Kathy-730470 said:

I was just wondering how soon do you think you should go from sending messages to talking on the phone? If you were communicating through messages here how soon should you then go to talking on the phone? Is there a certain amount of messages you should send before you jump to the phone? If after 4 messages exchanged for example someone wants to talk to you on the phone should you wait or go for it? What do you think?

--hide--

I have been doing a cold chat and suggested talking on the phone.. I want to get to phone as fast as possible. There is NO minimum number of messages.. Every communication style is different.. I've seen people here do nothing but email for months.. To me that is an email buddy, not a potential relationship.

Aug 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I have been doing a cold chat and suggested talking on the phone.. I want to get to p...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

I have been doing a cold chat and suggested talking on the phone.. I want to get to phone as fast as possible. There is NO minimum number of messages.. Every communication style is different.. I've seen people here do nothing but email for months.. To me that is an email buddy, not a potential relationship.

--hide--

Everyone is different, but I am like Donna. I prefer to move to a phone call fairly quickly - even on the level of friendship. It's cheap, free for many of us on the weekend. I don't think there is any golden rule, just a comfort level. heart

Aug 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I have been doing a cold chat and suggested talking on the phone.. I want to get to ...

--hide--
hmmmmmm Donna well don't you think it is fast if you have only exchanged a few messages??

Aug 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-730470 said: hmmmmmm Donna well don't you think it is fast if you have only exchanged a few messages??...

hmmmmmm Donna well don't you think it is fast if you have only exchanged a few messages??

--hide--

I can only answer according to my own opinion.. I think it is MUCH EASIER to hide communication problems in emails..For instance, If you are someone who is bothered by someone who says "Ya Know" every third or fourth word.. Wouldn't you rather know they do this before you get too invested? I am VERY auditorily directed.. I have to hear someones voice.. I have exchanged very good emails with people and then found they can't put two words together on the phone..It's downright painful. If I am going to enter into an LDR being on the phone is very important.

I've had some great phone conversations with men that I only exchanged one or two emails with. The phone is also FAR superior to chat IMO..

Aug 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: ... I think it is MUCH EASIER to hide communication problems in emails..For instance, If you are s...

... I think it is MUCH EASIER to hide communication problems in emails..For instance, If you are someone who is bothered by someone who says "Ya Know" every third or fourth word.. ...

--hide--

It's, you know, even worse if the person, you know, does that in, you know, written messages. smile

Aug 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-730470 said: I was just wondering how soon do you think you should go from sending messages to talking on the ...

--hide--
If Your sendin messages ( Back & Fourth) And one of You (whoever it is)? Say's How about we chat over the phone? I don't see why not: Nice to hear a voice for a change!! Take care Mike "peace"!!

Aug 3rd 2012 new

Donna I do suppose by talking on the phone you can more especially if it is a LDR. True some are better talking on the phone then they are writing. Or the opposite could be true.....they are better writers then talkers. LOL

Aug 3rd 2012 new

Donna I should of written I suppose you can tell more by talking on the phone and hearing their voice, how they speak, and if you can indeed carry on a conversation especially if it is a LDR. LOL

Aug 3rd 2012 new

As soon as possible.... talking's more fun and can be very telling!

Posts 1 - 10 of 31