Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

I don't know of and when this subject has been discussed before. Often one reads and hears about that men seek younger women for different reasons.

But how do you think about the fact that there are men who are attracted to elder women. What is it that those women have? What makes them so attractive to men younger to them?

I know quite a few couples where the woman is older than the man and they are doing very well.

Would that be also a possibility for you? Had you yourself experienced that maybe before or want to share your thoughts?

Thank you! Andrea

Aug 3rd 2012 new

Its a personal preference and has to do with an individual's comfort level.

I personally would not be interested in pursuing a relationship with someone who was substantially younger. It would just be weird boggled

Aug 3rd 2012 new

I am a woman interested in finding a younger man...because men generally die at a younger age than women.
As a healthy and active 69 yr old woman, I notice most men are seeking a younger woman....I have found a few as you describe, open to older women, but haven't been successful at receiving personal correspondence from them.

I dated a man 4 yrs older and we have very different activity and energy levels...the relationship ended.
My husband died at 64 and he was 2 yrs older than me.
These two experiences lead me to seek a younger man. Claire

Aug 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Andrea-850967 said: I don't know of and when this subject has been discussed before. Often one reads and hears a...
(Quote) Andrea-850967 said:

I don't know of and when this subject has been discussed before. Often one reads and hears about that men seek younger women for different reasons.

But how do you think about the fact that there are men who are attracted to elder women. What is it that those women have? What makes them so attractive to men younger to them?

I know quite a few couples where the woman is older than the man and they are doing very well.

Would that be also a possibility for you? Had you yourself experienced that maybe before or want to share your thoughts?

Thank you! Andrea

--hide--
That's a mistake I wouldn't mind making once! laughing

While the idea might appeal to me based on the fact that I feel generally younger than my age, I can't really see that working for me. I think I'd be suspicious of his intentions. There were two younger men (in real life, not on CM) who expressed an interest in me in the past 5 years, but I sensed they were looking for a mother figure. No, thank you! However, who am I to dictate to God who He should choose for me....

Aug 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Andrea-850967 said: I don't know of and when this subject has been discussed before. Often one reads and hears a...

Thank you! Andrea

--hide--

I started this online dating stuff when I was 48, so I included any men in their 40's as viable candidates. When you think about it, they are in their forties, there's no more "maturing" to do! Heck, once I came across young grandfathers, I figured that anything was fair game! laughing Seriously, during my first year of online dating, I had a "penpal" who was 42, I think, had daughters as old or older than mine, and he was a Commander of a Coast Guard cutter in Key West. Anyone with that kind of responsibility is wise beyond his years (at least, work wise).

I can go both younger and older, depends on the lifestyle of the man, and his plans for the future. Even when the economy was good, I constantly saw retirees in their forties.

Aug 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-99973 said: I started this online dating stuff when I was 48, so I included any men in their 40's ...
(Quote) Kathy-99973 said:

I started this online dating stuff when I was 48, so I included any men in their 40's as viable candidates. When you think about it, they are in their forties, there's no more "maturing" to do! Heck, once I came across young grandfathers, I figured that anything was fair game! Seriously, during my first year of online dating, I had a "penpal" who was 42, I think, had daughters as old or older than mine, and he was a Commander of a Coast Guard cutter in Key West. Anyone with that kind of responsibility is wise beyond his years (at least, work wise).

I can go both younger and older, depends on the lifestyle of the man, and his plans for the future. Even when the economy was good, I constantly saw retirees in their forties.

--hide--

... no more maturing to do boggled ? I often heard that men are like children ... regardless of their age scratchchin!

Aug 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-57124 said: Its a personal preference and has to do with an individual's comfort level. I personal...
(Quote) Cindy-57124 said:

Its a personal preference and has to do with an individual's comfort level.

I personally would not be interested in pursuing a relationship with someone who was substantially younger. It would just be weird

--hide--

Cindy, not substancially, but what about 3 to 5 years?

Aug 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Andrea-850967 said: Cindy, not substancially, but what about 3 to 5 years?

--hide--

In our age range, I'd say +/- 3-5 years is essentially the same age.

Aug 4th 2012 new

How about someone your age who just looks substantially younger ... and younger ... and ....

en.wikipedia.org

Aug 4th 2012 new
(Quote) Andrea-850967 said: Cindy, not substancially, but what about 3 to 5 years?

--hide--
I agree with Jerry - that age range is basically the same. Two easy rules: 1. Gotta remember where they were when JFK was killed. B. Understands the significance of the difference between the Stones and the Beattles.
Posts 1 - 10 of 143