Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

06/10/2012 new

(Quote) Monica-345711 said: Lorrie, I am so sorry to hear the video study at the church failed. Sometimes the crowds/attenda...
(Quote) Monica-345711 said:

Lorrie, I am so sorry to hear the video study at the church failed. Sometimes the crowds/attendance drops off for the summer. Perhaps you can check on-line for any Jeff Cavin's Bible Studies in your diocese. His programs are quite popular and do draw a crowd. Do you ever try Eucharistic Adoration? That is where I find my peace....it's when I have a little talk with Jesus about all that is on my mind. He does wonders in leading me in the right direction.....whether through the people he sends in my path, music, prayer groups, other inspirations of what I need to do to improve my life. I will keep you in my prayers that Jesus comes to your rescue soon with growing glimmers of happiness. Definitely pursue the cupcake idea! That sounds like a fun and playful outlet. Then you will need to determine who you will give your precious artwork to....whether it be a homeless shelter, a nursing home, a local convent, rectory, your neighbors or somewhere where the people will be thrilled to try your new found culinary talent. I wish you lived near me. I would love to take the class with you.

I too am lonely. It is no fun that's for sure. Take care and God bless you, Lorrie!

--hide--

Well I am getting involved in a different church after the issues I had with my home parish, at least until this priest is gone. I haven't made any decisions about whether or not to come back after the 27th of June. But getting into this divorce support group has helped tremendously. But I came 1/2 way through and it's ending after another 2 weeks. I hear it starts up again in the fall so I wlll sign up and do another 10 week course so I can get the whole thing. It will be all new people so I guess I will see what happens. I'm hanging in there.

Lorrie

06/10/2012 new

(Quote) Lorrie-735074 said: Well I am getting involved in a different church after the issues I had with m...
(Quote) Lorrie-735074 said:

Well I am getting involved in a different church after the issues I had with my home parish, at least until this priest is gone. I haven't made any decisions about whether or not to come back after the 27th of June. But getting into this divorce support group has helped tremendously. But I came 1/2 way through and it's ending after another 2 weeks. I hear it starts up again in the fall so I wlll sign up and do another 10 week course so I can get the whole thing. It will be all new people so I guess I will see what happens. I'm hanging in there.

Lorrie

--hide--
That's great, Lorrie. Even though the divorce support group ends in 2 weeks, see if there are any fun community interest groups at your local junior college (hopefully you have one near you). Our local junior college has fun culinary, photo, jewelry, dance, baking, gardening, etc. classes. Maybe there will be something fun for you.wave rosary God bless you, Lorrie. Also, remember to go to Adoration as often as you can. That is where I go and pour my heart out to Jesus.

06/10/2012 new

Hi Lorrie,

I can understand what you are feeling. I get lonely at times, especially since I have teenagers that are now starting to do more of their own things with their friends. I often feel left out and lonely. It is hard when most of your friends are married with kids and family, and it feels like you are the only one alone out there. I miss the company of a man, you know, a hug, a kiss, being held, sometimes you just need that or want that from the opposite sex. So far haven't found anyone that has been consistent for even a week, it is amazing how hard this process of dating can be, I am actually getting bored of it, and feel like I will probably not renew again. Some things I do to feel better and occupy my time are to go and pamper myself if I can, makes me feel good, nails, hair, pedicures, etc. Or I like to go to TJ maxx, retail therapy usually makes me feel better.I also, start to do things around my house, usually always something to find to do here, or go to the beach and walk, or I walk in my neighborhood and exercise and that usually brings up the serotonin in the brain and makes you feel better, positive music as well. Although, yes, I agree, whenI seecouples together i wish I had a partner or male friend to do things with, activities etc. For now I just pray and try to live a happy good positive life and also if you volunteer that helps to make you feel better because you see that there are others that are worse off than you, and it puts things into perspective. I hope this helps, and if you need a friend to chat with on this site feel free to drop me a line, sometime it helps just to chat with another lady too.

Take Care,
Yazmin

06/11/2012 new

(Quote) Lorrie-735074 said: (Quote) Monica-345711 said: Lorrie, I am so sorry to hear the video study...
(Quote) Lorrie-735074 said:

Quote:
Monica-345711 said:

Lorrie, I am so sorry to hear the video study at the church failed. Sometimes the crowds/attendance drops off for the summer. Perhaps you can check on-line for any Jeff Cavin's Bible Studies in your diocese. His programs are quite popular and do draw a crowd. Do you ever try Eucharistic Adoration? That is where I find my peace....it's when I have a little talk with Jesus about all that is on my mind. He does wonders in leading me in the right direction.....whether through the people he sends in my path, music, prayer groups, other inspirations of what I need to do to improve my life. I will keep you in my prayers that Jesus comes to your rescue soon with growing glimmers of happiness. Definitely pursue the cupcake idea! That sounds like a fun and playful outlet. Then you will need to determine who you will give your precious artwork to....whether it be a homeless shelter, a nursing home, a local convent, rectory, your neighbors or somewhere where the people will be thrilled to try your new found culinary talent. I wish you lived near me. I would love to take the class with you.

I too am lonely. It is no fun that's for sure. Take care and God bless you, Lorrie!

Lorrie

--hide--

Lorrie,

At the risk of sounding trite, we are never alone... Our Lord & the entire Heavenly Court are only a heartbeat away & are constantly surrounding us & working for our well being. I know this thought doesn't always help when severe loneliness strikes though. It's hard to focus on the supernatural when the natural world has let us down. It's been said that severe loneliness is the hardest thing anyone can suffer.

After my divorce I was lucky to still have some of my busy family around to occupy myself with, plus I learned to do many of the things others have suggested, volunteering, new hobbies, exercise, prayer groups, etc.... and through those activities I found myself with a whole new group of friends. All of those things helped, but the loneliness of rejection & that deep longing for a spouse never did go away till I found relief in time spent in adoration like Monica suggests. The longing we possess deep inside to be connected to someone is really a longing for Christ, our perfect & final lover. I finally found peace listening to the crickets singing through my bedroom window late at night... Inside those comforting chirps I found a way to relax into the arms of my creator, realizing how much He loved me & was looking out for my situation...

I've known others who've found solace listening to birds in the morning, or watching beautiful sunsets, or walking somewhere beautiful. God speaks to each soul where that person lives if we only look for time to find Him in the silence of our hearts ... After some time has passed & a few attempts in the dating world, I've come to the conclusion that I'm not going to be ready to enter into a new union with someone new till I become comfortable with who I am & make peace with that aching loneliness. You're a very brave, honest & strong woman Lorrie... I'm sure God has something wonderful in mind for you. Please know I'm keeping you in prayer & wishing you the best.... rose rose rose

06/11/2012 new

Debbie (and everyone else too)

You have no idea how much I needed to hear those words today. Thank you so much for your loving compassion. I will keep all of you, my dear family, in my prayers as well.

bless you,

Lorrie

06/11/2012 new

Praying

08/03/2012 new

I am newly divorced with 4 small children. My ex abandoned us and I am in the process of annulling the marriage. My advice, shake it up!!! Try anything new!!! Pray for guidance and look within your self to jump into something!!! I am hoping to try salsa dancing when my ex has the kids to meet new people!!!

veryhappy:

blessings,

Joy

08/03/2012 new

Absolutely force yourself to go out and mingle at any Catholic events and don't give-in to any self doubt. You have to be tough on yourself. It's important we don't retreat into our shells.

08/03/2012 new

I agree with Mark. In general I am a shy person and forced myself to get out of my comfort zone of being an observer to a someone who does things.

In recent months I found two walking partners, volunteered at my church's festival, and reached out to co-workers to have lunch. I contacted my diocese and will be joining their newly formed Catholic's Divorce Survival Guide group. I also signed up for a fitness program through my work that will have me walking with hundreds of other co-workers durng the course of the work week in the Fall and Spring semesters.

I even re-started coaching competitive scholastic chess in my spare time.

The local Knights of Columbus just started Columbiettes (not sure of the spelling). This is an a woman's auxilary to the KoC. Great way to volunteer, meet others, and keep busy.

08/03/2012 new

Joy,

My ex did the same to me and my two teenaged sons; just when my eldest was receiving his college acceptance letters. Sorry to hear about your circumstances.

Jo

Posts 11 - 20 of 45