Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

eyepopping

So the bad haircut I just got is because there's a black tie function coming up in September.

eyebrow

I just realized I should probably bring someone with me.

boggled

My inclination is to throw my brother in a tux...then I realize he can't go because he works nights. Any ideas? I could always waltz with my invisible friend, but people might look at me a little oddly. I could snag a college student who's in choir (no tux rental) but that also might look a little questionable.

Any ideas?

08/06/2012 new

If you have a close friend who trusts you not to make like a home-wrecker, you could 'borrow' a husband for the evening. Then again, perhaps a cousin or other family member?

08/07/2012 new

I'm a military brat, so my family is all over the place. Also since it's a dance, it has to be someone who can dance so that cuts down available guys considerably. I think I'm just going to have to go it alone or steal a college student from the choir teacher for the evening. Maybe if I dress really old and pick a freshman student that looks really young I can say it's my son, LOL.

08/08/2012 new

Good luck with that one. Let us know how it turns out.

08/10/2012 new

Be not afraid!! Go by yourself, you just might meet someone who was daring enough to do the same thing!! hug

08/12/2012 new

Confidence is your date, use it well!

09/05/2012 new

Well, my dress is being made and I've got the hair appointment. I guess I'm going to try going it alone...in a room full of doctors and lawyers and such...first big do on my own since college.

09/05/2012 new

Sounds like fun! It is bit of a dilemma, I'd say ask a good friend like you said or go alone, people really dont even notice these things! Im x military and it really does sound like fun!!wave Goodluck keep us posted!

09/05/2012 new

(Quote) Katherine-868943 said: Any ideas?
(Quote) Katherine-868943 said:

Any ideas?

--hide--

go stag.

09/23/2012 new
Well, I just got home. I had fun but did do a lot of wallflowering. Not as bad as I thought though.
Posts 1 - 10 of 10