Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Clothing is Communication

Aug 9th 2012 new

Hi all!

I have been a quiet observer of the Fora lately! wink

I came across this article and found it interesting... Definiately food for thought especially in the world of dating!

So, what do you all think?

theevangelista.com

Aug 9th 2012 new
(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: Hi all! I have been a quiet observer of the Fora lately!
(Quote) Nancy-838315 said:

Hi all!

I have been a quiet observer of the Fora lately!

--hide--
It's about time you came out of hiding! So good to see you posting, again.

wave
Aug 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: Hi all! I have been a quiet observer of the Fora lately! I came across this...

Hi all!

I have been a quiet observer of the Fora lately!

I came across this article and found it interesting... Definiately food for thought especially in the world of dating!

theevangelista.com

--hide--

Hi Nancy .... good to see you back here wave

Enjoyed the article, especially a couple comments .... more you respect yourself, the easier it is for us to respect you ....

and

they were beautiful just the way they are ....

Very good article, Nancy .... thank you for posting it!

hug rose rose rose

Aug 9th 2012 new

I like the advice: "don't be too neurotic on modesty". from some of the things I read on these forums, you'd think Catholic women are expected to dress like Muslim or Ultra-Orthodox Jewish women. Let's keep the customs and strictures of medieval Arabia OUT of our Church and out of our consciences!

Aug 9th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: I like the advice: "don't be too neurotic on modesty". from some of the things I re...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

I like the advice: "don't be too neurotic on modesty". from some of the things I read on these forums, you'd think Catholic women are expected to dress like Muslim or Ultra-Orthodox Jewish women. Let's keep the customs and strictures of medieval Arabia OUT of our Church and out of our consciences!

--hide--

I agree, David .... thank you thumbsup

smile

Aug 9th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: .... strictures ....
(Quote) David-364112 said: .... strictures ....
--hide--

hobbleskirt.blogspot.com.au

Aug 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Roystan-340472 said: (Quote) David-364112 said: .... strictures .... ht...
(Quote) Roystan-340472 said:

Quote:
David-364112 said: .... strictures ....

hobbleskirt.blogspot.com.au

--hide--

eyepopping .... like they used to do to women in China, binding their feet! shocked

Aug 9th 2012 new
What you wear says a lot about you. crossfingers Dressing appropriately for the occasion is important.
Aug 9th 2012 new

Thank you all for the hellos!!! wave hug

Clothing; particularly the way I clothe myself, has been a point of reflection the last few years. In high school and university, I was one of the frumpy girls for a variety of reasons- supposed modesty, self-image issues, etc. I have always been particularly curvy and was very embarrased about it as a "good Catholci girl." I was uncomfortable with the attention... and I thought at that point I was going to enter a convent. I've realized, within reason, I enjoy dressing to my body and can do so modestly without being a bag lady. It's ok to look like a woman. So, I always find articles like this interesting.

Aug 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: Hi all! I have been a quiet observer of the Fora lately I came acros...

Hi all!

I have been a quiet observer of the Fora lately

theevangelista.com

--hide--

So much of my life I try to just wear what is expected of me. But lately if I happen to be in a store that has an outfit I really like I have updated my wardrobe. And I have received huge compliments.

I hadn't even realized I made these small changes until last night. I was havIng supper with my Mim and sister and they noticed my nail polish. I had been to get a manicure yesterday and felt spontaneous and now have blue with white tipped finger nails. And the ladies at work complimented me on the changes they are seeing in me, they tell me I seem happier and more confident lately.

Both my Mom and Sister hated my nails in fact I was told it looked like I was getting ready for halloween....when I talked with someone who likes my new look she could not believe that my family was that unsupportive of me....

It does give me Something to reflect on, how often do we judge others based upon their style choices and say things that belong in the Mean Girls club?????

Posts 1 - 10 of 98