Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Extreme Makeover

Aug 9th 2012 new
I overheard the following scenario at work last week, and would like to hear from the ladies on CM about this. Here's the hypothetical scenario: Assuming you were the one who filed for divorce, it's now been a few years since it was final. One day, you run into your ex, whom you've not seen in at least a year, perhaps two. You are shocked to find you are looking at the "extreme makeover" of your former spouse. You find he's changed in every way - spiritually, emotionally, physically, financially - a complete 180 degree "new man" from the one you divorced. This guy is "Magic Mike", a perfect gentleman, charming, gracious, financially secure, emotionally together, etc., the whole works all wrapped up into one, even has a relationship with God. Assuming you're both "unattached", are you interested?
Aug 9th 2012 new

Yes, I will be interesed.

Aug 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-850415 said: I overheard the following scenario at work last week, and would like to hear from the ladies on CM about ...
(Quote) Paul-850415 said: I overheard the following scenario at work last week, and would like to hear from the ladies on CM about this. Here's the hypothetical scenario: Assuming you were the one who filed for divorce, it's now been a few years since it was final. One day, you run into your ex, whom you've not seen in at least a year, perhaps two. You are shocked to find you are looking at the "extreme makeover" of your former spouse. You find he's changed in every way - spiritually, emotionally, physically, financially - a complete 180 degree "new man" from the one you divorced. This guy is "Magic Mike", a perfect gentleman, charming, gracious, financially secure, emotionally together, etc., the whole works all wrapped up into one, even has a relationship with God. Assuming you're both "unattached", are you interested?
--hide--

No. I have forgiven much. I will never forget how he emotionally ripped apart my daughter. heart

Aug 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-850415 said: I overheard the following scenario at work last week, and would like to hear from the ladies on CM about ...
(Quote) Paul-850415 said: I overheard the following scenario at work last week, and would like to hear from the ladies on CM about this. Here's the hypothetical scenario: Assuming you were the one who filed for divorce, it's now been a few years since it was final. One day, you run into your ex, whom you've not seen in at least a year, perhaps two. You are shocked to find you are looking at the "extreme makeover" of your former spouse. You find he's changed in every way - spiritually, emotionally, physically, financially - a complete 180 degree "new man" from the one you divorced. This guy is "Magic Mike", a perfect gentleman, charming, gracious, financially secure, emotionally together, etc., the whole works all wrapped up into one, even has a relationship with God. Assuming you're both "unattached", are you interested?
--hide--

Is he expressing interest in trying it again and getting back together?

To answer your question: No. I'd say that it was our breakup that was the thing which "converted" him, so it was a good thing we weren't together anymore, and I'd be "happy" for having played a part in his conversion. Because of past experience, I would remember that the combination of our selves resulted in a particular negativeness, and despite all the changes (because I, in the meantime, have changed too), deep down we probably still will react with each other in the old way, and eventually our new selves would erode somewhat.

Aug 9th 2012 new

My first husband, today, is not the same person I married in 1972... His third wife, Joyce, has the best husband.. His second wife knocked all the fight out of him.. Since marrying Joyce he goes to church and reads his bible every day. He was a state employee his whole career so he always had a stable income. I don't think Joyce would appreciate me moving in on her man..

Aug 10th 2012 new

--hide--

No. I have forgiven him but not willing to risk it again with him. When I met him he was the man for me then he changed in many ways, don't want to be a part of that again.

Aug 10th 2012 new

I would wonder if the make-up washes off with soap.

Aug 11th 2012 new

Hypothetical yes, for a hypothetical situation :) My son would be the happiest boy on earth if his father and I get back together. But that's not happening.. He is getting married. Gab and I are praying for his Happiness and Peace...

Aug 11th 2012 new

--hide--

Possibly; I would consider it.

Aug 11th 2012 new

No, I wouldn't consider it.

Posts 1 - 10 of 31