Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Olympic Glory

08/07/2012 new

What is the best thing you have seen so far in the 2012 London games?

What is your favorite popular sport?

What is your favorite "lesser known" sport?

Come one come all, Share your POSITIVE Olympic spirit.

08/07/2012 new

My favorite thing has been seeing Oscar Pistorius, a double amputee, compete in the 400 meter dash with his prosthetic feet. He qualified for the semifinals.

Favorite popular sports are swimming and track.

Not sure I have a favorite "lesser known" sport, but it was interesting watching water polo with Mike Emrick calling the action (his usual gig is calling NHL hockey games for NBC).

08/07/2012 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: My favorite thing has been seeing Oscar Pistorius, a double amputee, compete in the 400 meter dash...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:

My favorite thing has been seeing Oscar Pistorius, a double amputee, compete in the 400 meter dash with his prosthetic feet. He qualified for the semifinals.

Favorite popular sports are swimming and track.

Not sure I have a favorite "lesser known" sport, but it was interesting watching water polo with Mike Emrick calling the action (his usual gig is calling NHL hockey games for NBC).

--hide--

Oh yeah, I did catch a little bit of the men's triathalon this morning. Saw the transition from the bike race to the foot race. That was fun to watch.

We need a bicycle emoticon. :bicycle:

08/07/2012 new

Another favorite thing, from last night, was seeing the country of Grenada win its first Olympic medal EVER. Kirani James won gold in the 400 meter dash. Gold Medal clap

I always enjoy seeing first time champions. (Not just in the Olympics!)

08/07/2012 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: Another favorite thing, from last night, was seeing the country of Grenada win its first Olympic m...

Another favorite thing, from last night, was seeing the country of Grenada win its first Olympic medal EVER. Kirani James won gold in the 400 meter dash.

I always enjoy seeing first time champions. (Not just in the Olympics!)

--hide--

Edward,

You state, "I always enjoy seeing first time champions. (Not just in the Olympics!)". If that be the case, then one day if Our Blessed Lord allows us to live a very long, long life, then you will love the Astros. scratchchin laughing

Hope life is good for you and to you.

Blessings, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

08/07/2012 new

Allison Schmitt

Missy Franklin

Serena Williams

US Women's Soccer Team

Mr. Usain Bolt

water polo

weight lifting

08/07/2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Edward,You state, "I always enjoy seeing first time champions. (Not just ...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Edward,

You state, "I always enjoy seeing first time champions. (Not just in the Olympics!)". If that be the case, then one day if Our Blessed Lord allows us to live a very long, long life, then you will love the Astros.

Hope life is good for you and to you.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--

Leon,

Of course the Astros have already have had their first National League championship, in 2005. From the looks of things that will wind up being their last, as well, with them residing firmly in the basement this season and switching leagues next year.

I'm hoping the Washington Nationals (neé Montreal Expos) will have THEIR first National League title this year.

08/07/2012 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: Leon, Of course the Astros have already have had their first National League c...

Leon,

Of course the Astros have already have had their first National League championship, in 2005. From the looks of things that will wind up being their last, as well, with them residing firmly in the basement this season and switching leagues next year.

I'm hoping the Washington Nationals (neé Montreal Expos) will have THEIR first National League title this year.

--hide--

Tom-352850 and me at the first Washington Nationals home game for both of us, on August 20, 2011.  Unfortunately, the Nationals

"Tom-352850 and me at the first Washington National..."

08/07/2012 new

Okay, back to the Olympics. The USA United States Flag women's basketball team crushed Canada Canada today, and are through to the semifinals for the eighth straight time. Booyah!

08/11/2012 new

(Quote) Joe-73537 said: What is the best thing you have seen so far in the 2012 London games? What is your favorite p...
(Quote) Joe-73537 said:

What is the best thing you have seen so far in the 2012 London games?

What is your favorite popular sport?

What is your favorite "lesser known" sport?

Come one come all, Share your POSITIVE Olympic spirit.

--hide--
So far my favorite moments have been the final in beach vollyball, and the Grenada runner winning the 400. I wish they showed more fencing and skeet. The horses are fun to watch too.

Posts 1 - 10 of 11