Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

www.catholicmatch.com

They stepped out of their comfort zone and gave an LDR a chance..

He proposed on their second meeting..No long drawn out emailing exchanges.

They were realistic and stayed in their own range..

They are typical of what I have seen happen among my peers who have met online.. I know several couples who became engaged and even married on a second or third F2F.. I know one woman who was a very popular forum poster who married on her E-Harmony match on their first F2F and has been blissfully married for 5 years..

My observation has been that people wait too darn long to make a move and then wonder why the other person loses interest.

08/12/2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: www.catholicmatch.com.
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

www.catholicmatch.com

They stepped out of their comfort zone and gave an LDR a chance..

He proposed on their second meeting..No long drawn out emailing exchanges.

They were realistic and stayed in their own range..

They are typical of what I have seen happen among my peers who have met online.. I know several couples who became engaged and even married on a second or third F2F.. I know one woman who was a very popular forum poster who married on her E-Harmony match on their first F2F and has been blissfully married for 5 years..

My observation has been that people wait too darn long to make a move and then wonder why the other person loses interest.

--hide--

Proposed on their second meeting??? Realistic?? shocked

08/12/2012 new

Joan and Jerome got married on their second F2F (PA-OR LDR)

Beth and Brent got married on their first one.. (TX-MO LDR)

I think Bev and Harry got engaged on their second F2F and married 4mos later (CT-OR LDR)

Pat and Dan were engaged in about 2 mos (KY-MI LDR) They didn'thave their first date til after she got back from NO and were engaged in Nov..

If I went through my engaged/married list I could find more.. These are off the top of my head.

08/12/2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: They stepped out of their comfort zone and gave an LDR a chance.. He proposed on their second meeting..No...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said: They stepped out of their comfort zone and gave an LDR a chance.. He proposed on their second meeting..No long drawn out emailing exchanges.

--hide--

I'm happy for them, but that does not sound like my idea of realistic.

08/12/2012 new
(Quote) Cindy-57124 said: Proposed on their second meeting??? Realistic??
(Quote) Cindy-57124 said:

Proposed on their second meeting??? Realistic??

--hide--

I agree that a proposal upon a second meeting does not seem realistic. They could have however, had many exchanges of email and phone conversations, and then clicked together very good when meeting in person. This is an exception, I would say, that would happen rarely.

I certainly would not expect that to happen with me.
08/12/2012 new

(Quote) John-666618 said: I'm happy for them, but that does not sound like my idea of realistic.
(Quote) John-666618 said:

I'm happy for them, but that does not sound like my idea of realistic.

--hide--

I've heard of "speed dating" but this takes the cake! laughing

I guess they went through the abridged version of Pre-Cana. Not trying to sound like a wise-guy. If their marriage is happy, good for them.

08/12/2012 new

(Quote) Julie-42315 said: I've heard of "speed dating" but this takes the cake! I gues...
(Quote) Julie-42315 said:

I've heard of "speed dating" but this takes the cake!

I guess they went through the abridged version of Pre-Cana. Not trying to sound like a wise-guy. If their marriage is happy, good for them.

--hide--

Good question. How did they go through precana? Most churches look for a waiting period, some require a year.

08/12/2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Joan and Jerome got married on their second F2F (PA-OR LDR) Beth and Brent got married ...

I think Bev and Harry got engaged on their second F2F and married 4mos later (CT-OR LDR)

Pat and Dan were engaged in about 2 mos (KY-MI LDR) They didn'thave their first date til after she got back from NO and were engaged in Nov..

If I went through my engaged/married list I could find more.. These are off the top of my head.

--hide--

Joan and Jerome got married on their second F2F (PA-OR LDR) Married or engaged? They spent a LOT of time posting in the forums and communicating. Theirs was a unique situation.

Beth and Brent got married on their first one.. (TX-MO LDR) Married on their ... F2F?? Hard to believe... scratchchin

I think Bev and Harry got engaged on their second F2F and married 4mos later (CT-OR LDR) I don't claim to remember all the details but they were both VERY active in the forums, esp. the War Room. I remember the NY Love Fest - isn't that where they met initially? And didn't they spend time traveling back and forth before becoming engaged?

Pat and Dan were engaged in about 2 mos (KY-MI LDR) They didn'thave their first date til after she got back from NO and were engaged in Nov.. Again, both were active in the forums. I do remember her posting that she was moving and needed help and Dan took it upon himself to drive to her house to help. He literally showed up on her front door step! She was so touched by that gesture. heart

I'm all for moving forward, but (at least for me) it takes time to build a relationship. I'm not suggesting that folks should wait for years, but I'm all for getting to know one another before jumping into a long term relationship. Heck, that's half the fun! wink

08/12/2012 new

(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:   Good question. How did they go through precana? Most churches look for ...
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

Good question. How did they go through precana? Most churches look for a waiting period, some require a year.

--hide--

I thought of a couple more that were married more recently..Corentino and Maria (WI-CA) got married almost right away (2nd F2F) and Carolaine and Richard (PA-WY) met on Memorial Day and married early September

According to my parish priest, usually Pre-Cana requirements are different for older couples and can be waived. He said that priests individually have some degree of discretion to waive.. Most parishes don't require a year.. They have a 'calendar' for whatever program they use.. Our parish uses a booklet and volunteer married couples that are assigned to an engaged couple.. They work through the booklet at an individual pace. It's usually about 6 mos here. There is also the question of getting your wedding onto the church calendar.. The last year I was on the parish council there were over 35 weddings scheduled at our parish by the beginning of that year.. Someone who tells you they had to wait a year may have been waiting for room on the church calendar too.

08/12/2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Joan and Jerome got married on their second F2F (PA-OR LDR) Beth and Brent got married ...

--hide--

Were Tracy and Liam already mentioned?

Posts 1 - 10 of 112