Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Hi CMers! I'm starting a new Book club here on this thread starting in September. Each week we will discuss a chapter from a book on the subject of courtship.

The first book I'd like to discuss is called "Wing to Wing, Oar to Oar", edited by Leon and Amy Kass. This book is available through Amazon.com. If you can't afford the book or rather not spend the money that's okay. I'll be posting the main issues here for discussion.

May God richly bless this endeavor.
Aug 12th 2012 new

(Quote) David-562122 said: Hi CMers! I'm starting a new Book club here on this thread starting in September. Each week we will ...
(Quote) David-562122 said: Hi CMers! I'm starting a new Book club here on this thread starting in September. Each week we will discuss a chapter from a book on the subject of courtship.

The first book I'd like to discuss is called "Wing to Wing, Oar to Oar", edited by Leon and Amy Kass. This book is available through Amazon.com. If you can't afford the book or rather not spend the money that's okay. I'll be posting the main issues here for discussion.

--hide--

That sounds great. Do you think they will let us use a chat room for this?

Aug 12th 2012 new

(Quote) David-562122 said: Hi CMers! I'm starting a new Book club here on this thread starting in September. Each week we will ...
(Quote) David-562122 said: Hi CMers! I'm starting a new Book club here on this thread starting in September. Each week we will discuss a chapter from a book on the subject of courtship.

--hide--

David this is a really great idea. I hope your threads generate a lot of interet. With that being said we are going to have to attach a special not to the end of each of your new thread stating that the books are not endorsed by CatholicMatch and may contain information that is contrary to Catholic teaching.

Aug 12th 2012 new

Wow, that looks like an interesting book!

Leon Kass is famous for bioethics, of course, but the subject matter here - an anthology on courtship - sounds awesome.

I doubt I will have the time or energy to participate. Too much going on....

Aug 12th 2012 new
(Quote) Brian-278516 said: David this is a really great idea. I hope your threads generate a lot of interet. With that be...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

David this is a really great idea. I hope your threads generate a lot of interet. With that being said we are going to have to attach a special not to the end of each of your new thread stating that the books are not endorsed by CatholicMatch and may contain information that is contrary to Catholic teaching.

--hide--

Thanks Brian. Sure we can attach a note letting the folks know that.
Aug 12th 2012 new
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: Wow, that looks like an interesting book! Leon Kass is famous for bioethics, of course, but the ...
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said:

Wow, that looks like an interesting book!

Leon Kass is famous for bioethics, of course, but the subject matter here - an anthology on courtship - sounds awesome.

I doubt I will have the time or energy to participate. Too much going on....

--hide--

Father Josh from the Oratory recommended this book. He said "the book is neither prescriptive nor judgmental: they wish to present the thoughts of the ages on a matter of perennial interest, without being explicitly Christian."
Aug 12th 2012 new
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said: That sounds great. Do you think they will let us use a chat room for this?
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said:

That sounds great. Do you think they will let us use a chat room for this?

--hide--

Hi Josephine, I guess a chat room would be better in many respects.However, I opted to go with a forum thread so we could discuss at our own convenience. That way we can just jump in with our thoughts, comments, questions, etc...It might not be logistically possible to find a specific time for everyone interested to meet due to varying schedules.
Aug 12th 2012 new

(Quote) David-562122 said: Father Josh from the Oratory recommended this book. He said "the book is neither prescripti...
(Quote) David-562122 said:

Father Josh from the Oratory recommended this book. He said "the book is neither prescriptive nor judgmental: they wish to present the thoughts of the ages on a matter of perennial interest, without being explicitly Christian."
--hide--

This is a great idea!! I did a double take because when I think Oratory, I think Rock Hill. I have been on two retreats there. heart

Aug 12th 2012 new

(Quote) David-562122 said: Hi Josephine, I guess a chat room would be better in many respects.However, I opted to go with a...
(Quote) David-562122 said:

Hi Josephine, I guess a chat room would be better in many respects.However, I opted to go with a forum thread so we could discuss at our own convenience. That way we can just jump in with our thoughts, comments, questions, etc...It might not be logistically possible to find a specific time for everyone interested to meet due to varying schedules.
--hide--

Good thinking.

Aug 12th 2012 new

Great idea!

Posts 1 - 10 of 69