Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

eyepopping

So the bad haircut I just got is because there's a black tie function coming up in September.

eyebrow

I just realized I should probably bring someone with me.

boggled

My inclination is to throw my brother in a tux...then I realize he can't go because he works nights. Any ideas? I could always waltz with my invisible friend, but people might look at me a little oddly. I could snag a college student who's in choir (no tux rental) but that also might look a little questionable.

Any ideas?

Aug 6th 2012 new

If you have a close friend who trusts you not to make like a home-wrecker, you could 'borrow' a husband for the evening. Then again, perhaps a cousin or other family member?

Aug 7th 2012 new

I'm a military brat, so my family is all over the place. Also since it's a dance, it has to be someone who can dance so that cuts down available guys considerably. I think I'm just going to have to go it alone or steal a college student from the choir teacher for the evening. Maybe if I dress really old and pick a freshman student that looks really young I can say it's my son, LOL.

Aug 8th 2012 new

Good luck with that one. Let us know how it turns out.

Aug 10th 2012 new

Be not afraid!! Go by yourself, you just might meet someone who was daring enough to do the same thing!! hug

Aug 12th 2012 new

Confidence is your date, use it well!

Sep 5th 2012 new

Well, my dress is being made and I've got the hair appointment. I guess I'm going to try going it alone...in a room full of doctors and lawyers and such...first big do on my own since college.

Sep 5th 2012 new

Sounds like fun! It is bit of a dilemma, I'd say ask a good friend like you said or go alone, people really dont even notice these things! Im x military and it really does sound like fun!!wave Goodluck keep us posted!

Sep 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Katherine-868943 said: Any ideas?
(Quote) Katherine-868943 said:

Any ideas?

--hide--

go stag.

Sep 23rd 2012 new
Well, I just got home. I had fun but did do a lot of wallflowering. Not as bad as I thought though.
Posts 1 - 10 of 10