Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

07/12/2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: NOW at 3:02 it is 109!!!!!!...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

NOW at 3:02 it is 109!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, that's hotter than a $10 pistol!

--hide--

I don't know if it was truly that hot but I went by what the weather channel said online at that moment and it was truly very hot today. It was probably that hot.

08/10/2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: NOW at 3:02 it is 109!!!!!!...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

NOW at 3:02 it is 109!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, that's hotter than a $10 pistol!

--hide--

OK it is 3:51 and 108 today in Clovis. This is the central valley. Just thought I would tell everyone. I am going to hide in a cool dark room..

08/11/2012 new

110 here today. Hope you are all well.. flamed

08/13/2012 new

Today at 1 p.m. it was only 70! The weather here is turning...the next few weeks will be in the eighties. biggrin

08/14/2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Hello All! Our temps reached 108 today. They should be lower tomorrow. What about where you a...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Hello All!
Our temps reached 108 today. They should be lower tomorrow. What about where you are?

--hide--
Upper 90's to low 100's. I haven't used hot water in the shaower for over a month now. In fact, just the other day I was trying to cool off the so-called cold water! LOL

08/14/2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Hello All! Our temps reached 108 today. They should be lower tomorrow. What about where you a...

Hello All!
Our temps reached 108 today. They should be lower tomorrow. What about where you are?

--hide--
Temperature here is 98.6...... rolling eyes

09/27/2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: Hello All!Our temps reached 108 today. They s...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Hello All!

Temperature here is 98.6......

--hide--

The day you posted that you were lucky it was 98.6 Ray.

We have had what I think is a horrific summer.
The air quality is very bad.

I got out of the building on Monday after teaching in an air conditioned environment all day and I walked 10-20 feet and then the air hit my throat. I could not believe that once again I could feel it in my throat like last week as well.

In any case it is now 7:03 and 94 degrees outside. Our air is dry and this is usually the case which in many ways is favorable, but at the end of summer the quality is full of dust and other particulate matter.

We have had probably the hottest August on record in many years-- not sure how long and--- That first rain will be such a blessingfluffy angel cloud as it always is. That said- we are scheduled to climb back up to 100 this Monday. We won't go down again for at least another week. I have the weather channel online which enables me to watch this. This summer I watched closely while teaching ART to high school students, to see which days I could legitimately and with health in mind take them outside to sketch... WE HAD A GOOD TIME as a class...

10/06/2012 new

We have finally dropped below 90. I can't believe what a long summer it has been... Time to mow the lawn..

10/06/2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: We have finally dropped below 90. I can't believe what a long summer it has been... Time to m...

We have finally dropped below 90. I can't believe what a long summer it has been... Time to mow the lawn..

--hide--

I had a little snow on my car's windshield this morning penguin sad

10/06/2012 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: We have finally dropped below 90. I can't ...
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

I had a little snow on my car's windshield this morning

--hide--
Marian, I haven't had any "lawn" for most of the summer, since we have been restricted on water usage up here in the mountains ablove you. That's because all the snow melt that was stored up for the agriculture in the valley, and the water for Los Angeles had to be sent down there!!

Michael, I'm with you--waiting for those tiny snowflakes to fall! The night time low up here was about 40 the other night, and there's supposed to be light snow in the mountains about 3500 feet higher than my place this weekend.

Fall temps are THE BEST!!! And I'm loving it!! (Can't wait to rake up the leaves and jump into them!) Jack O Lantern Jack O Lantern Jack O Lantern

Posts 101 - 110 of 116