Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

08/16/2012 new

(Quote) Catherine-708752 said: I landed here because I have a question about the new matching. I accidentally said yes to a match, ...
(Quote) Catherine-708752 said: I landed here because I have a question about the new matching. I accidentally said yes to a match, when I meant to click no. How do I fix this??? Also, why am I matched with someone who "sometimes smokes" and "drinks regularly", neither of which is acceptable to me?? Sorry, I guess there are two questions here:)
--hide--

Catherine, it is very simple to change your match answer. On your match inbox page you will see a search box at the top with a little down arrow next to a magnifying glass. Select that drow down menu and choose 'no.' All of your matches who you were not interested in will be displayed. Select the 'Change of Heart?' button and you will then be able to choose a different answer.

I will have to do a little research on a smoking and drinking question. I know we have excluded some items like that but I can't recall which ones for sure. As I mentioned in another post we are mostly basing the matches off of the match portrait, thus for awhile you may get some people that exhibit beaviors, physical features or geography that my not e a tailored as you would like. Over time as more user take the test we will be able to provide more strict results based on addtional criteria other than the test itself. Thank you for your patience why we buidl up this system.

08/16/2012 new

I was wondering why there are no profile pictures with my matches. I have to click on the profile so see any pictures.

08/16/2012 new

(Quote) Dave-24315 said: I was wondering why there are no profile pictures with my matches. I have to click on the profile s...
(Quote) Dave-24315 said:

I was wondering why there are no profile pictures with my matches. I have to click on the profile so see any pictures.

--hide--

Dave the reason being is that we wanted matches to be different than other result sets. Your matches are delivered based the creation of your match protrait which is over 100 questions long. We believe that when users take a few more moments rather than just scanning a list it will provide an opportunity for more contemplation about the person and hopefully lead to more matches. We have hundres of stories from couples who often state that they had at first quickly ruled someone out only to come back later and give them more consideration in which they ultimatly became their spouse.

08/16/2012 new
Thanks for your answer Bryan even though I don't understand the logic. Irregardless of how good the match would appear to be I don't think very many would be willing to drive the distance.
08/16/2012 new

Would willingness to drive the distance equate with willingness to go the distance?

08/16/2012 new

I think it can happen, but it probably does not happen often. My son dated and married a lady who lived 8 hours driving time away.

08/16/2012 new

(Quote) Sharon-885911 said: I think it can happen, but it probably does not happen often. My son dated and married a lady wh...
(Quote) Sharon-885911 said:

I think it can happen, but it probably does not happen often. My son dated and married a lady who lived 8 hours driving time away.

--hide--

It happens all the time Sharon. www.catholicmatch.com

08/16/2012 new

I really appreciate having the new match system because it has the potential to expose us to members we may otherwise not have considered, for any number of reasons. It's an excellent way to get outside of our comfort zones and dive right in!

However... smile ...most of my matches have the same or similar temperament as I do, and from what's in their profile their personalitites are a bit too similar to mine. I'm looking for someone to complement me rather than being an exact match. I realize that the system matches on certain questions and picks complements on others, but I guess I'm just too difficult. laughing

08/16/2012 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: Right now the matching system is being very liberal in terms of geography. The system will not al...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

Right now the matching system is being very liberal in terms of geography. The system will not allow a limit of less than 250 mile radius. As more people take the test we will be able to allow users to set more strict preferences but for nowit has to be this way because it is so new. It would be as if we started CatholicMatch today rather than 13 years ago, it would take some time to get people in all areas of the country and reach critical mass. As more existing and new users take the match portrait we will be able to adjust some of those settings. Thanks for your patience we believe this will be a helpful tool, it just may take more time for some.

--hide--
So, to clarify, the new system is not taking any of our preferences into account (i.e. ethnicity, smoking, age, etc.) until a majority have completed the match profile?

08/16/2012 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: Questions and constructive feedback are welcome. Comments such as "I like the old way better...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

Questions and constructive feedback are welcome. Comments such as "I like the old way better" or "I don't like the new..." are not helpful and will be removed. Specifics are important. Thanks again and we hope you like the updates!

--hide--

Since the New matching system is designed for Free to marry and Annuled Only. Why did you have me, Divorced and never applied for annulment take the test? What will become of the results, since I don't qualify to be a part of your New Match Poitrait ?
This is the second attempt at this question, it was posted but not adressed in the previous thread, that is now locked (page 7, I believe)

Posts 11 - 20 of 81