Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

08/16/2012 new

(Quote) Sandra-222626 said: So, to clarify, the new system is not taking any of our preferences into account (i.e. ethnicity...
(Quote) Sandra-222626 said:

So, to clarify, the new system is not taking any of our preferences into account (i.e. ethnicity, smoking, age, etc.) until a majority have completed the match profile?

--hide--

Sandra, we are taking some things into account it is just a question of how much weight we are giving those preferences right now. As more people complete the match portrait the larger pool of people we can match against and thus we can give more weight to preferences.

08/16/2012 new

(Quote) Barbara-740721 said: Since the New matching system is designed for Free to marry and Annuled Only. Why did you h...
(Quote) Barbara-740721 said:

Since the New matching system is designed for Free to marry and Annuled Only. Why did you have me, Divorced and never applied for annulment take the test? What will become of the results, since I don't qualify to be a part of your New Match Poitrait ?
This is the second attempt at this question, it was posted but not adressed in the previous thread, that is now locked (page 7, I believe)

--hide--

Sorry Barbara you questions just got overlooked. Honestly we just did not think about preventing the test taking from showing up at the time when we started testing the questions. It was nothing more than an oversight on our part at the time. The results are probably still associated with your account and we will likely clear those and if at some point in the future you recieve and annulmment you could then take the match portrait and your answers would be matched against others.

08/16/2012 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: Sorry Barbara you questions just got overlooked. Honestly we just did not think about pr...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

Sorry Barbara you questions just got overlooked. Honestly we just did not think about preventing the test taking from showing up at the time when we started testing the questions. It was nothing more than an oversight on our part at the time. The results are probably still associated with your account and we will likely clear those and if at some point in the future you recieve and annulmment you could then take the match portrait and your answers would be matched against others.

--hide--
So are you STILL having everyone take the test or are you letting Everyone know its for Free to marry and Anulled ONLY!
I only stumbled across the info.

I Do LIKE how you layed out the new Profiles, but since Free to Marry and Annulled are important, Why not put that question right under Marital Status in the FIRST section, thats actually where it fits . Just a practical suggestion! (Or you could incorporate the question into one-maybe?)

08/16/2012 new

I don't want to start a whole big moral debate here (I'm fully aware of the Church's teachings) however if you allow us who are divorced and not yet free to marry in the Catholic Church to join this site, why then won't you allow us to be matched? Whether you match us or we find a match on our own through this very site, what's the difference? Maybe I'm being naive abut I look forward to your answer. Thank you!

08/16/2012 new

(Quote) Peggy-755976 said: I don't want to start a whole big moral debate here (I'm fully aware of the Church's ...
(Quote) Peggy-755976 said:

I don't want to start a whole big moral debate here (I'm fully aware of the Church's teachings) however if you allow us who are divorced and not yet free to marry in the Catholic Church to join this site, why then won't you allow us to be matched? Whether you match us or we find a match on our own through this very site, what's the difference? Maybe I'm being naive abut I look forward to your answer. Thank you!

--hide--

There are many here, widowed annulled and never married that object to being matched with people who are not free to marry in the Church.. They will object just as vociferously to being matched with divorced members as the divorced members will about being excluded. So Admin is pretty much between a rock and a hard place with this one.

08/16/2012 new

Donna, Then why not have it as ONE of the criteria NOT the Whole Thing

08/16/2012 new

Donna, I agree. It seems that there are a lot of important factors that aren't being addressed in the matching. I'm not trying to be critical, but there have been many good points brought up . . . distance, marital status, smoking, drinking, . . . the list goes on. If we can filter them in our regular search but not the match search, then I'm not sure the purpose for the match and maybe I'm okay with not having access to it. Just sayin'

Sorry, I'm having a bad day . . . just take what I say with a grain of salt. But, I do hope I at least make some sense.

On a brighter note, I do hope it's helpful to those who have access to it AND if it helps only one find that perfect person that God has prepared for them, then it is all a SUCCESS!!! clap

Best of luck everyone!!! lovestruck!

08/16/2012 new

(Quote) Barbara-740721 said: So are you STILL having everyone take the test or are you letting Everyone know its for Free to...
(Quote) Barbara-740721 said:

So are you STILL having everyone take the test or are you letting Everyone know its for Free to marry and Anulled ONLY!
I only stumbled across the info.

I Do LIKE how you layed out the new Profiles, but since Free to Marry and Annulled are important, Why not put that question right under Marital Status in the FIRST section, thats actually where it fits . Just a practical suggestion! (Or you could incorporate the question into one-maybe?)

--hide--

Barbara, anyone divorced is not able to take the match protrait. We actually did have the Free To Marry in the top section however because we are still working on some technical issues for now it has stayed where it is. However in time we do plan to move it next to the marital status.

08/16/2012 new

(Quote) Peggy-755976 said: Donna, I agree. It seems that there are a lot of important factors that aren't being addresse...

Donna, I agree. It seems that there are a lot of important factors that aren't being addressed in the matching. I'm not trying to be critical, but there have been many good points brought up . . . distance, marital status, smoking, drinking, . . . the list goes on. If we can filter them in our regular search but not the match search, then I'm not sure the purpose for the match and maybe I'm okay with not having access to it. Just sayin'

Sorry, I'm having a bad day . . . just take what I say with a grain of salt. But, I do hope I at least make some sense.

On a brighter note, I do hope it's helpful to those who have access to it AND if it helps only one find that perfect person that God has prepared for them, then it is all a SUCCESS!!!

Best of luck everyone!!!

--hide--

Peggy I have answered this questions multiple times. We know they are important but until more people take the match protrait we are mainly matching people best on the match portrait itself and not preferences. Also because you can search very specifically using our search function we wanting matching to be based upon different criteria. If it was not different then there is no reason to have matching everyone can just search based on whatever criteria they want. It has only been out for a day and half and it took us 13 years to build CatholicMatch to what it is today so obviously we need a little more time to get the matching up to par.

08/16/2012 new

(Quote) Peggy-755976 said: I don't want to start a whole big moral debate here (I'm fully aware of the Church's ...

--hide--

Very simply as we explain in the terms of use. We allow people who are divorced to join because CatholicMatch does serve as an online community where people can find friendship and grow in their faith. No one is forced to use it for the purposes of romance. Because divorced people are often stigmatized by others either in a community or parish we feel it is better to allow CatholicMatch to be an option. That being said if someone is currently married in the eyes of the Church we cannot assist them in looking for another spouse until such time as the Church deems them free to marry. We don't police how users who are not free to marry use out site, that is between them, God and their priest. However we cannot provide tools that only can be used for the purpose of romance. Matching is one of those tools that has no other purpose beyond bringing two people together for the possibility of marriage. Also different priests and tribunals often tell their parishioners different things when it comes to dating before an annulment and we do not believe it is our place to get involved. We state what the Church teaches and we do out best to uphold those teaching but we are not the annulment police.

Posts 21 - 30 of 81