Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Aug 17th 2012 new

And, this is terrible to say, but I could care less if my preferences for drinking and smoking were met. . . for singles under 40, particularly in a metropolitan area, if we had a choice that said drinks several times a week, I'd expect to see it----all my single friends in Kansas City, when I was mobilized, usually went to a cocktail hour a couple times a week and then had beer or drinks with a barbecue or home-based card party on one of the weekend nights.

If someone otherwise met my criteria, but was a social or occasional or light smoker, or went out with the girls or co-workers regularly, it wouldn't bother me, and I'd adapt. . . Sad to say, but unless you are well connected, there's not a lot of group activities in some cities. . .

Aug 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Lynn-189934 said: And, this is terrible to say, but I could care less if my preferences for drinking and smoking wer...
(Quote) Lynn-189934 said:

And, this is terrible to say, but I could care less if my preferences for drinking and smoking were met. . . for singles under 40, particularly in a metropolitan area, if we had a choice that said drinks several times a week, I'd expect to see it----all my single friends in Kansas City, when I was mobilized, usually went to a cocktail hour a couple times a week and then had beer or drinks with a barbecue or home-based card party on one of the weekend nights.

If someone otherwise met my criteria, but was a social or occasional or light smoker, or went out with the girls or co-workers regularly, it wouldn't bother me, and I'd adapt. . . Sad to say, but unless you are well connected, there's not a lot of group activities in some cities. . .

--hide--

clap You're not terrible to say it.. I see so many people who are saying "I don't want to look at a profile that say "This and This And This" or "I don't want to look at a profile unless I can look at their picture first." Hellooooooo SHALLOWWWWWW....Gee Golly Darn people..Open the profiles and actually get to know the people inside.. Stop making assumptions that you know how the other person is going to react..

Aug 17th 2012 new

Brian, thank you for that explanation. It helps and makes a lot of sense. I realize now that I'm probably a bit blindsided in this issue because I don't have access to the questions asked in the questionnaire. And because I don't, I have no way of knowing what the search criteria for the matches are. So your explanation has surely helped. Thank you for all your hard work.

Again, I wish the best to all those looking for love, hope, friendship, and a deeper knowledge of their faith. This site is a wonderful resource.

Aug 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Peggy, I hope things look brighter soon. I don't like hearing you have had a bad day.
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said:

Peggy, I hope things look brighter soon. I don't like hearing you have had a bad day.

Something to keep in mind (I've learned this having been through MANY changes on CM) is that this is really early, very close to the release date. As Brian said, it will take time for people to come around to take the test. (I just had a man browse me today that I sent an email to two months ago. A lot of members don't log in as much as me. ) Eventually the whole process will smooth out when more surveys are in. Just right now there a very limited number of these tests to choose from. But it will happen.

Thank you, Peggy, for your charity toward your fellow CM members. God bless you for rising above your bad day.
--hide--

Thank you Dawn. I appreciate the time you took to respond to my concerns as well as your concern for my day yesterday. I prayed about it and all is well today. The Lord really does answer our prayers. He sent me an answer yesterday and I didn't even realize it until this morning. It wasn't the answer I was hoping for but now I can move forward and what a comfort to know that He is truly watching over me, hearing me, and protecting me. Thanks again and God Bless you!

Aug 17th 2012 new
(Quote) Peggy-755976 said: Thank you Donna. I appreciate the time you took to respond to my concerns as well as your concern f...
(Quote) Peggy-755976 said:

Thank you Donna. I appreciate the time you took to respond to my concerns as well as your concern for my day yesterday. I prayed about it and all is well today. The Lord really does answer our prayers. He sent me an answer yesterday and I didn't even realize it until this morning. It wasn't the answer I was hoping for but now I can move forward and what a comfort to know that He is truly watching over me, hearing me, and protecting me. Thanks again and God Bless you!

--hide--

What a beautiful gift you have! To be able to recognize the Lord's answer to your prayers. heart It is a blessing to share our faith this way. His time is not our time, nor His ways ours. Blessed be the Lord for that!!
Aug 17th 2012 new
(Quote) Donna-83441 said: (Quote) Lynn-189934 said: And, this is terrible to say, but I could care less if ...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Quote:
Lynn-189934 said:

You're not terrible to say it.. I see so many people who are saying "I don't want to look at a profile that say "This and This And This" or "I don't want to look at a profile unless I can look at their picture first." Hellooooooo SHALLOWWWWWW....Gee Golly Darn people..Open the profiles and actually get to know the people inside.. Stop making assumptions that you know how the other person is going to react..

--hide--
I'm not sure that I would call it shallow, but I would call it rigid and elitist. How is the Holy Spirit going to work in our lives when we have dictated so many things that we won't even LOOK at the words of another Catholic. How very far apart this kind of attitude sets an individual away from others!! We all need to be a bit more open to just listening to others.
Aug 17th 2012 new
Heh Brian... I have a question... I think the way it works is that if I say I am interested in someone and they say they are also interested, we get some kind of notification. But if one person says they are interested, and the other says they are not, you do not notify them. Why not notify them and let them know? Or just close the match? Seems kind of crazy if someone is not interested that you would keep it open on either side... right? Just my 2 cents...
Aug 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: What a beautiful gift you have! To be able to recognize the Lord's answer to your prayers. It ...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said:

What a beautiful gift you have! To be able to recognize the Lord's answer to your prayers. It is a blessing to share our faith this way. His time is not our time, nor His ways ours. Blessed be the Lord for that!!
--hide--

Thank you Dawn for your kind words . . . they have been a blessing to me and have warmed my heart. God Bless you! theheart

Aug 20th 2012 new

Could the earlier mentioned small amount of people who have taken it be the contributing factor to why I have only had 4-5 matches since it has launched or does it have some sort of limit to how many you can be "matched" with at any one time?

Aug 21st 2012 new

(Quote) John-324285 said: Could the earlier mentioned small amount of people who have taken it be the contributing factor to...
(Quote) John-324285 said:

Could the earlier mentioned small amount of people who have taken it be the contributing factor to why I have only had 4-5 matches since it has launched or does it have some sort of limit to how many you can be "matched" with at any one time?

--hide--

I'm guessing that you hit the nail on the head. . . I only get a few new matches every few days. . . . not daily, like on some sites, that have a large volume of users with a built-in matching system. . . but I like this site much better and the matches are more compatible, whether coming from the portrait system or hand-selected from personal searches conducted.

Posts 41 - 50 of 81