Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Singles discussion related to wedding planning, engagement, and married life should be posted in this room.

Saint Valentine is patron saint of love, young people, and happy marriages.
Learn More: Saint Valentine

Its lamented we talked about the ring so much on the other thread, and since I contributed greatly to the de-railing. . . As some of you saw, I'm annoyed by the employee of mine who is OVER planning everything, very extravagantly. My board chair, a friend, shared that her nieces (two in the family) were each offered 10k for whatever they wanted to do with it. . . one, whose husband already owned a home that came with mostly new appliances, went on a nice, long trip with her husband for the honeymoon and they did an anniversary trip with the leftover money; the wedding was pretty simple with minimal attendants, and cousins catered the meal with soups (it was January).

The other daughter had a simple wedding, in the early afternoon so no meal was necessary, just a cake reception, had a beach honeymoon, and then she and her husband had a lot of money to remodel a house they bought.

Not all children receive such large gifts of money, but when it is undesignated, look how even the brides choose to celebrate---a trip or a house. . . .

Quite honestly, I would think a nice, warm, pleasant US destination would be nice for a week honeymoon, and a longer trip, like the UK or the tropics, would be great later that first year. . . .

What do y'all think?

Aug 17th 2012 new

Most of the plans/decisions made for my wedding/reception/honeymoon were made by my fiance and me, together. My dad/mom contributed just a bit of money (not much) for the wedding, but otherwise, we paid for everything ourselves. We honeymooned in the U.S., very low key. But it was all about having a vacation after the busyness of planning/having a wedding.

If I were to marry again, I'd like to do something with much more depth than simply taking a vacation. I think my ideal honeymoon would be a trip to serve on a mission trip. Somewhere preferably outside of the U.S., maybe Haiti. My parish has a sister parish there, so going to spend time to help out in any way would be a great way to celebrate my new marriage, with my new hubby.

Aug 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Lynn-189934 said: Its lamented we talked about the ring so much on the other thread, and since I contributed greatly...
(Quote) Lynn-189934 said:

Its lamented we talked about the ring so much on the other thread, and since I contributed greatly to the de-railing. . . As some of you saw, I'm annoyed by the employee of mine who is OVER planning everything, very extravagantly. My board chair, a friend, shared that her nieces (two in the family) were each offered 10k for whatever they wanted to do with it. . . one, whose husband already owned a home that came with mostly new appliances, went on a nice, long trip with her husband for the honeymoon and they did an anniversary trip with the leftover money; the wedding was pretty simple with minimal attendants, and cousins catered the meal with soups (it was January).

The other daughter had a simple wedding, in the early afternoon so no meal was necessary, just a cake reception, had a beach honeymoon, and then she and her husband had a lot of money to remodel a house they bought.

Not all children receive such large gifts of money, but when it is undesignated, look how even the brides choose to celebrate---a trip or a house. . . .

Quite honestly, I would think a nice, warm, pleasant US destination would be nice for a week honeymoon, and a longer trip, like the UK or the tropics, would be great later that first year. . . .

What do y'all think?

--hide--

The thought of going to Ireland, a US beach destination...or totally getting away from it all and fly off to Tahiti...are all at the top of my list. cool But seriously, for me...it's ultimately what we 'both' wanted to do...

Aug 17th 2012 new

Agreed! Even simple weddings take time to prepare for, are stressful, and emotionally exhausting. A quiet trip to acclimate to each other and learn to be together around the clock. Really good thinking! heart

Aug 17th 2012 new

When we were married - we spent week 1 in St Petersburg and Week 2 in the Keys!

Aug 18th 2012 new
I would like a warm destination like Hawaii but even a simple getaway would be nice where we spend the time getting used to each other. Sometimes simple works, like for awhile my parents went to Mackinac Island for a week just to be alone. They went to New Orleans for their honeymoon. Niagara Falls used to be the honeymoon destinatiion.

For me this will depend on when I get married (as in what season)and how old. If I wait much longer I might want to partake on the senior discounts available, laughing
Aug 19th 2012 new

idk where I'll go but in a way I'd rather a small simple wedding so I can go to a nicer place for my honeymoon like an all inclusive beach resort in cancun or the Florida keys or something :)

Aug 19th 2012 new
Can we agree that a honeymoon cruise is out of the question? Would you pick a honeymoon destination with less intimate settings? Doesn't seem to fit the occasion in my opinion.
Aug 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Lynn-189934 said: Its lamented we talked about the ring so much on the other thread, and since I contributed greatly...
(Quote) Lynn-189934 said:

What do y'all think?

--hide--

I would be up for just about anything . . . road trip, camping, Europe, the beach, all-inclusive resort . . . as long as my husband wanted to do it too!

Aug 19th 2012 new
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: I would be up for just about anything . . . road trip, camping, Europe, the beach, all-inclusive resor...
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said:

I would be up for just about anything . . . road trip, camping, Europe, the beach, all-inclusive resort . . . as long as my husband wanted to do it too!

--hide--

A friend of mine married a divorced dad and because he had no money he took her camping for the weekend as a "honeymoon". I like camping but would not allow that for a honeymoon. She ended up divorcing him and rightfully so because he ended up having to spend more on his other family and she got stuck paying everything else.
Posts 1 - 10 of 24