Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

I Love Dogs!

08/18/2012 new

Anyone else?

08/18/2012 new

Yes, too much to some people. Done rescue for years. Yap, I love, love the furry big critters.

08/18/2012 new

(Quote) Dennis-754668 said: Anyone else?
(Quote) Dennis-754668 said:

Anyone else?

--hide--

Yes, Dennis .... grew up with a Border Collie -- with us for 17 years; then a Heinz 57 (Airedale/Poodle/Beagle mix -- ugly laughing) -- hung on for about 12 years; and then, there was Katie, a wonderful English Springer Spaniel ... I had her for the last four or five years of her life .... a real loyal and engaging creature.

heart

08/18/2012 new

(Quote) Melisa-842379 said: Yes, too much to some people. Done rescue for years. Yap, I love, love the furry big critters.
(Quote) Melisa-842379 said:

Yes, too much to some people. Done rescue for years. Yap, I love, love the furry big critters.

--hide--

I'm thankful that you are there to help the critters out Melisa... My girl was relentless about adopting a dog a few years ago... I had no idea of how to do that at the time, I did a search on the internet and found a animal sanctuary fairly close by... We went to check the place out and while we were there we found Samantha... The rest is history...

08/18/2012 new

[quote]MaryAlice-97161 said:

Yes, Dennis .... grew up with a Border Collie -- with us for 17 years; then a Heinz 57 (Airedale/Poodle/Beagle mix -- ugly ) -- hung on for about 12 years; and then, there was Katie, a wonderful English Springer Spaniel ... I had her for the last four or five years of her life .... a real loyal and engaging creature.

[/quote

Thats pretty cool MaryAlice... Border Collies are one of my favorites... Everyone allways tells me mixed breeds make the best pets... Samantha is mixed, but I have no idea? She's a pretty good pooch... So I guess the Springer that you had was adopted aye?

08/19/2012 new

(Quote) Dennis-754668 said: (Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: Yes, Dennis .... grew up with a Bor...

[quote]MaryAlice-97161 said:

Yes, Dennis .... grew up with a Border Collie -- with us for 17 years; then a Heinz 57 (Airedale/Poodle/Beagle mix -- ugly ) -- hung on for about 12 years; and then, there was Katie, a wonderful English Springer Spaniel ... I had her for the last four or five years of her life .... a real loyal and engaging creature.

[/quote

Thats pretty cool MaryAlice... Border Collies are one of my favorites... Everyone allways tells me mixed breeds make the best pets... Samantha is mixed, but I have no idea? She's a pretty good pooch... So I guess the Springer that you had was adopted aye?

--hide--

No, my youngest brother brought home the Springer when she was yet a puppy, just weaned from her mother. He was dating a young lady whose parents had a pure-bred female which they mated ... hence Katie and several siblings. When my brother brought her home, we were all outside at the backyard picnic table, just finishing Sunday brunch, Joey comes walking up the driveway and walks over to my Dad, who was saying, "no, not another one," and Joey just set Katie in my Dad's lap .... by that point, my Dad couldn't refuse. Then, eight or ten years later, after both my parents passed away, Joey was heading back to college, but couldn't have Katie on campus with him; so he asked if I'd take her .... I didn't hesitate at all! She was a delight, and such a source of consolation after my Mom was gone. Such a source of consolation, indeed! And ya know, Katie was so sad, moping around after my Mom's passing ... it was so pathetic to see a little, now "orphaned" pooch, almost crying at times. sad

As for the Border Collie, I still recall her .... she was so protective of my parents and anyone in the home ... after 17 years, with a tumor, she had to be put to sleep .... I recall my Dad being so "torn up" over the dog's passing.

They are such wonderful creatures, Dennis, as you know. I'd agree with you about mixed breeds making the best pets, but Katie, the pure-bred Springer Spaniel, was very well trained (by my Mom), so we had no worries with her at all.

Take care, Dennis .... God bless you and Samantha! smile wave

08/19/2012 new

(Quote) Dennis-754668 said: Anyone else?

Anyone else?

--hide--

Yes - Yes and Yes!!! tongue

08/19/2012 new

(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: No, my youngest brother brought home the Springer when she was yet a puppy, just weane...
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said:

No, my youngest brother brought home the Springer when she was yet a puppy, just weaned from her mother. He was dating a young lady whose parents had a pure-bred female which they mated ... hence Katie and several siblings. When my brother brought her home, we were all outside at the backyard picnic table, just finishing Sunday brunch, Joey comes walking up the driveway and walks over to my Dad, who was saying, "no, not another one," and Joey just set Katie in my Dad's lap .... by that point, my Dad couldn't refuse. Then, eight or ten years later, after both my parents passed away, Joey was heading back to college, but couldn't have Katie on campus with him; so he asked if I'd take her .... I didn't hesitate at all! She was a delight, and such a source of consolation after my Mom was gone. Such a source of consolation, indeed! And ya know, Katie was so sad, moping around after my Mom's passing ... it was so pathetic to see a little, now "orphaned" pooch, almost crying at times.

As for the Border Collie, I still recall her .... she was so protective of my parents and anyone in the home ... after 17 years, with a tumor, she had to be put to sleep .... I recall my Dad being so "torn up" over the dog's passing.

They are such wonderful creatures, Dennis, as you know. I'd agree with you about mixed breeds making the best pets, but Katie, the pure-bred Springer Spaniel, was very well trained (by my Mom), so we had no worries with her at all.

Take care, Dennis .... God bless you and Samantha!

--hide--

One of my brothers used to find strays to bring home too... Its a funny thing, growing up, myself and my brothers had allergies to animals, but we allways had a dog or two, but, back in those days though they were kept outside most of the time, and had dog houses... After I moved out, of mom and dads house, I didnt have any pets, because of all the travelling I did with my job...

Several years later, along comes this little girl, and she was relentless about adopting a dog.... I had reservations for along time, because of the allergy thing, I just new she would want to have a dog in the house all the time... Well, as you can see I caved in, to that relentless little girl... hehe... Usually do though... So, I guess all my worries about allergies were for nothing. Samantha is in the house all the time... Its all good...

08/19/2012 new

wave Yes Dennis I am a dog lover (all animals). I have 2 golden retrievers, "Joy" & "Hope", my family and friends. Had a Cocker Spaniel...loved her dearly as well...had to put her down at 16 years. Had lots of cats...good lap friends, and once 2 birds, although I prefer to have them be free so don't have another. I try to bike or walk my dogs daily...when my husband was alive, we would exercise them 2 - 3 x's/day. Animals are such fun...makes me laugh and keeps me going.biggrin

08/20/2012 new

(Quote) Ginger-791603 said: Yes - Yes and Yes!!!
(Quote) Ginger-791603 said:

Yes - Yes and Yes!!!

--hide--

Larry and Otto, seem to hamming it up abit....hehe...

Posts 1 - 10 of 78