Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

My ex-husband's mother was kind enough to go through the process of obtaining a Papal Blessing for my marriage to her son. I have the initial decision from my local Marriage Tribunal that my annulment was granted, and I'm waiting on the final review. Given the circumstances surrounding my divorce and the ground upon which the annulment was granted, I'm fairly confident the review panel will come to the same conclusion as my local Marriage Tribunal. This has me wondering now what I should do with the Papal Blessing. What is the proper way to dispose of it? I do not have a relationship with my ex-husband's family any longer, and I know they do not want the Papal Blessing either. This is a question I'll be posing to my parish priest, but I thought I would check with other CM members to see if anyone else has had to deal with this. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge and wisdom!

08/31/2012 new

(Quote) Christy-661564 said: My ex-husband's mother was kind enough to go through the process of obtaining a Papal Bless...
(Quote) Christy-661564 said:

My ex-husband's mother was kind enough to go through the process of obtaining a Papal Blessing for my marriage to her son. I have the initial decision from my local Marriage Tribunal that my annulment was granted, and I'm waiting on the final review. Given the circumstances surrounding my divorce and the ground upon which the annulment was granted, I'm fairly confident the review panel will come to the same conclusion as my local Marriage Tribunal. This has me wondering now what I should do with the Papal Blessing. What is the proper way to dispose of it? I do not have a relationship with my ex-husband's family any longer, and I know they do not want the Papal Blessing either. This is a question I'll be posing to my parish priest, but I thought I would check with other CM members to see if anyone else has had to deal with this. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge and wisdom!

--hide--

The usual means of disposal of blessed objects is to burn or bury them. After burning the document, just bury the ashes.

08/31/2012 new

Thanks, Jerry! I've heard that about blessed objects before, but this is the first time I've had the need to dispose of anything like this. Thought I should check first before doing anything.

Posts 1 - 3 of 3